Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Checks Forums, survivors goin nuts, Checks patch notes!

I get on thinking they just gave all killers eboni mori's built into their kits, I'm like holy #########, maybe they brought back Ruin or something.

I'm sitting here thinking they removed a full ass health state from survivors and that there was no more injured status, you just go down.

Looks at all the survivor reactions, tons of screaming, I'm thinking holy #########....maybe they just boosted all killers base speed to 120%

I check the patch notes.....

"Buncha random pallet and Infinite loop changes"

I....

I'm sitting here thinking no way.....theres no way survivors are that bad that they'd be complaining about Infinite loops. I think about the amount of infinite loops I've seen people attempt to do and I rarely see it come up in matches.

Yet I get on the forums, and yall act like they just boosted hillbillies base speed to 250% or some random #########.

These aren't the survivors I once knew. These aren't the hot n ready toasty kids I once knew who could juke and 360 like nobodies business. Who could mind game with the best of em.

Who are you and what have you done with the old survivors!!?

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356
    edited April 2020

I'm sure there were some special people that complained about the changes to god loops or how gigantic maps have had their size reduced.

But the main complaint people have been talking about is about a change that is not mentioned in the patch notes, which is the increase in complete deadzones. Now I haven't seen many deadzones myself during my time with the ptb, so I'm certain some people were just exagerrating, which is to be expected on these forums, but I have gotten a few maps to spawn with too much empty space and too few pallets as well. And I think that is a valid complaint.

Having maps be more balanced by reducing their size, distributing loops and tiles more fairly so survivors don't have too many safe places, and fixing god loops is all good, but creating big deadzones where survivors have nothing to work with is not good, that's for sure.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

If theres a bunch of empty space zones thats probably an error with the map generator. Not enough to freak out about though. I would assume its a bug....as with many things in PTB that look obviously bugged.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

real gamers are dead man, it has become too common, too populair, thus ruined really.

• ad19970

I mean, there really isn't any reason to go crazy. Same as there wasn't any reason to go crazy about the Ruin changes. But people on these forums just like to do that.

Still, some people just had some valid complaints regarding the increase in deadzones, which I think is more than fine.

• BabyClaudette
    BabyClaudette Member Posts: 109

Infinites haven't existed for years.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited April 2020

You hand out participation trophies and you get people who whine when they find out they actually suck :P

I don't know about going crazy but I do believe the ruin nerf was foolish. They could have at least adjusted gen speeds and tool boxes WHILE they gutted ruin instead of after.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Nobody is complaining about the removal of god loops. People are complaining because they removed many tiles and didn't put anything in their places and now there are a lot of deadzones. Some main building windows are also absolutely useless now unless you are going against terrible killers. Pretty reasonable stuff to complain about.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Devs:Surv complains of deadzones

Devs:Lets put some bushes as decoration and a locker in the middle of nowhere.

We did a pretty good job so far 👍

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187

They do exist, but not in the way they're named. Infinite now just means super strong loop that needs to be looped three times till it's blocked, obviously actual infinites haven't existed for a long time

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

How do people STILL think that the complaints were solely about the infinites being removed? Use 2% of your brain.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,003

Hey, any loop is an infinite if the killer is terrible enough.

(Obvs you're right though.)

• ad19970

I'm pretty sure that's not going to be their solution if they do notice that more deadzones are spawning in maps now.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

What even defines a "real gamer" in this day and age, though? Obviously not anyone who plays exclusively mobile games, some kid that thinks that Fortnite dancing in public is socially acceptable or anyone who utters the phrase "PC Master Race".

But yeah. Deadzone complaints are justifiable, especially with killers like Huntress and Deathslinger existing.

• BabyClaudette
    BabyClaudette Member Posts: 109

Wrong. An infinite is a place where a survivor can run a killer infinitely. The definition never changed.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

I think real gamers desire a challenge above all. That is what gaming is all about, a good hard but fair game.

AVGN had a lot of those games reviewed, games that were unforgiving but not unfair perse, stuff like Dark Souls really (altough you can cheap out in that game as well)

When the game gives you the option to play on Hard Mode, you pick Hard Mode damn it!

Although, this always reminds me of the game Ninja Blade....a game I brazenly started playing on the hardest....and in the end I had a hard time even finishing it on "foolproof" lol

But to bring it back to this game, its just said how many players just run the meta, giving themselves every inch of advantage they can...I have been saying this on a lot of threads now but I have been playing SWF with 3 of my friends for a week now without any perks on any of us and it has been great fun and we do in general more then fine (unless the killer is scummy obviously but hey what ya gonna do).

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited April 2020

I mean if you are gonna make a thread about the outrage, please have a seat with the rest of the players that complained when MoM came into the game and when Ruin was changed.

I despise threads like this because it does absolutely NOTHING towards making the game or community better. Yes there is crying but if you were actually posting for the sake of providing useful feedback you’d understand that some people are also suggesting other fun ways they could have been changed. Also, I don’t understand this notion that somehow you people aren’t allowed to share their opinion about an upcoming change. Especially when they have suggestions attached to those opinions.

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

The way people use the term infinite has changed. They use it to mean God loops quite a lot now, to the point I'd say it's meaning has changed. The loops people currently call infinites are just loops so strong that chasing someone on one wastes far too much time. Sure they're not true infinites, but they're still going to lose you the game if you chase someone on them.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

Would you prefer god loop or semi infinite? some of these loops were broken and reguired very little skill to waste tremendous amaunt of killers time