CAN WE HAVE SIDNEY PRESCOTT

scream is my favorite horror movie of all time and I always wondered why did y’all not add Sidney. Her and Laurie would have been the only Scream Queens in the game. Please Consider adding Sidney.

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,222

We don't have Sidney because we don't have the license for Scream.

If this is confusing, I will explain. When Scream was being filmed, Wes (I believe) found the mask and decided that it was what he wanted his killer to look like. However, he had to get it licensed from Fun World, the company that made the mask. This caused a small issue with Ghostface. He is split between two licences, one for the character, the other for the mask itself. The owner of the mask's rights was more than happy to work with BHVR on getting Ghostface in the game. The people who owned the rights to the character himself, however, probably proved to be too much, or it was simply too much money, and, as such, we do not have the license to Scream.

This is why our Ghostface is called Ghost (dramatic space) Face, why his real name is Danny Johnson rather than Billy Loomis or Stu Macher, and why we are unlikely to ever see Sidney. It would be nice to see, but is EXTREMELY unlikely.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Nah, Drew Barrymore AKA Casey Becker AKA first victim in Scream 1 would be a better choice. Barrymore practically invented "scream queens" so it'd be a better fit.