The Uphill Battle Killer Have Endured

For the most part nearly everyone knows the game has been survivor sided, only ones i can say that disagree are the ones that only play survivor or play Iri Huntress every match to try and prove a point. Needless to say, killers have had the short end of stick since day one with how fast gens could be done, im not even sure how killers were able to get a 4k with the amount of god and infinite loops that were in the game, not to mention default fast vaults, non cooldown exhaustion, vacuum pallets, the list could go on. Now we are at a stage where the Devs are balancing the game by resizing maps and reworking items. How will this fair for veteran players and new players. Well.... Veteran players will dominate massively and 4k nearly every match because of their experience, its like giving someone who rides a Unicycle a bicycle. They have already seen the bad and the ugly, any further changes is just good or fair.

As for newer killers, they wont know the struggles it use to be, as for new survivors, they wont know what god loops or infinites are so they will learn with what they have. Veteran survivors who depended on such windows are going to be hurting because they have to adjust the most, those are the ones who you will most likely see in the threads posting "THIS GAME HAS GONE COMPLETELY KILLER SIDED REEEEE!!! I QUIT!! GIVE ME REFUND!"

Cheers to the changes.

#ClownBuff2020

Comments

• kingoftheirish1992
    kingoftheirish1992 Member Posts: 159

Can't wait for the first game on the reworked maps. Play on Xbox at the moment happy play a much smoother game.

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 254

Yeah experienced killers will dominate now

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

It's all fun and games until the killer queue is bogged down because it's easier playing killer than survivor.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

well, you're saying the obvious, clearly veteran player dominates over unexperienced players.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

It wasn't as steep, compared to things like when double pallets and vacuum pallets were in the game, but it also is still happening.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
  • YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

fine, but in general, veteran players are advantaged, it's pretty obvious

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

Nah, the people who will rightfully be upset that the game is killer sided are mainly just solo survivors. Because for them, it is. And it has been progressively getting worse for a while now.

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478

And that is the issue that the devs dont see. Killers that play the likes of Oni, Spirit, Billy, Nurse that could snowball games before are going to have a field day on new maps. For sure it depends on player skill but if you were getting 3-4k every game with the struggle. Now itll be a breeze. Now also consider ranking right now. I am an 8 survivor that got two 16s and 20 survivor with a 5 killer. How is that fair for anyone. For me it's one thing but if my team isnt capable of holding off a 5 killer, it drags the whole team down including me.

On the killer side, I'm a 12 killer getting reds and purples most games. Other times the 15-20s I'm just an average so chances are I'll still have a hard time or they'll have a really hard time. Sure maps are now made easier but if there is a will theres a way for survivors to make bits of new design.

I feel that although these designs were long time coming and needed. I just hope they consider all factors and not just red rank when implementing.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

"Its over killers, I have the high ground!" - Obi Wan SurvivorMain

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    edited April 2020

the iri huntress needs a nerf . Not because she’s got a one shot hatchets, but because she’s got 3. the infantry belt makes it excessive. Especially combined with a Mori.

the game isn’t entirely survivor sided So please stop the protesting. I think some killers just need a buff. Others don’t. I think spirit, billy, nurse and even oni and definitely Freddy can apply good map pressure. pig and hag too but they’re like medium tier killers. Clown and plague need some love. Plague needs better add ons in my opinion. The incense is nice but that ultra rare seal is .... almost astonishing that it’s of ultra rare quality. It has more negative effects than it does positive. And even then the only positive effect from it I can gain more often from getting them myself or from forced pool of devotion cleanses.

• GoddamnBananas
    GoddamnBananas Member Posts: 54

I'm sorry, an "Uphill battle?" Really? Is that what you call three years of getting nearly everything you ask for? Three years of almost every balance change being in your favor? What an obscene sense of entitlement.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I got this game on release, survivors in the early days were unstopable. Windows that could be vaulted indefinitely, godloops every 2 feet, pallet vacuum. We have gotten a lot of what we wanted, however its because what survivors got was obscenely overpowered. You could heal between killer cleaning animations. From day 1 killers just wanted a balanced game but you victims wouldnt hear of it. So yeah, we had to fight an uphill battle to have balance. Meanwhile you keep getting freebies left and right.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

This game was always killer sided. The changes just comfort killers even more. If you think this game is survivor sided you must be a really bad killer player.

• GoddamnBananas
    GoddamnBananas Member Posts: 54

It's hilarious that you call Survivor players "victims" when it's the killer mains that have been drowning in their own victim mentality for years. And I'm sorry, who's been getting freebies? You've been given practically everything. Meanwhile for Survivors it's been years of nothing but adjusting, learning, and having to improve at the game in order to compete. The average rank 1 killer today is objectively less skilled than the average rank 15 was a few years ago, and vice-versa for Survivors. The sheer hypocrisy you're displaying is unreal.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I was just about ready to give up hope after the Ruin nerf. But now the devs have done another 180.

Guess we'll have to see how things go.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Ever since switching to killer over 2 years ago, I've come to realize one thing; killer's are their own worst enemies. This community cries and whines about survivor aspects they want nerfed, then when it happens, it makes things worse. Think about healing. I kept trying to tell you that if you nerf healing times then they will just rush gens worse. What happened? Exactly that. If you keep pushing aspects of survivor gameplay where it hurts the solo survivor significantly worse than SWF, you will soon only face SWF. That is where we are at. Two years ago, the dreaded 4 man hit squad was a one in 20 matches. Now, 80 percent of my matches are vs 4 man SWF.

I don't buy into the killer "anguish" over the years. It is so much better now than it was years ago. The problem now is that we pushed survivor gameplay into a corner and face 4 man teams every match. This game was foolishly balanced originally around 4 solo SWF - guess the developers never heard of Discord, cell phones, or any chat service out there for communication at the time. Now, solo survivor is the worst experience in this game, even worse than killer. I see it all the time. I can easily tell when I face a solo team. I can literally go AFK for 3 minutes and come back to a 4k. Then you get the 4-man SWF where before I see the first person there is a gen popping.

Quit whining about killer play and start thinking of ways of buffing both solo survivor and killer to the SWF level. Nerfing survivors across the board is NOT the answer. It has made killer play worse due to the meta it creates.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I do call them victims because thats how you all are acting. And yeah freebies, every *nerf" you all get gets counterbalanced with other changes to mechanics and sometimes flat buffs. Its people like yourself that make this game difficult to balance.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Yeah, but this post says that even nowadays and even with the massive balance changes the game is still survivor sided, probably because he cant 4k every game, which is ridiculous.

Stop playing victim, its pathetic and it will get you nowhere

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I guess we must be playing different games because from the matches I’ve had killers are still dominating (even without the upcoming changes) and none of them play Iri Huntress.

In fact the people that bring Iri Huntress as boosted as hell.

• micha_beck
    micha_beck Member Posts: 78

The devs released the numbers. Killers were winning 65 to 80%. So, no. Game is not survivor sided.