Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why does body block exits?

VicThor
VicThor Member Posts: 347

I mean in it’s current form it’s funny, that two skinny girls can stop Oni to move whereever he wants. I would agree with protection hit, but blocking killer movement is kinda weird for me.

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Because it's a video game and mechanics like that can be enjoyable.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479

Because gameplay requires that. Just like you can not break survivor's legs to stop them from moving.

• Cancan71
    Cancan71 Member Posts: 709

It's a game mechanic that is encouraged by the devs with perks like Mettle of Man and Mad Grit. Gameplay will always take priority over realism.

• VicThor
    VicThor Member Posts: 347

I’m talking about in case of chase, like when 3 survivors stand in your way so you can’t go a certain direction and they are able to almost close your path . When you are carrying someone it makes sense. But extending loop or blocking loop at end game doesn’t make sense for me.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

A person throwing on some gauze and being healed from having a giant hook jammed through their shoulder (multiple times pending at what point it is in the game) is also kind of shady logic too.

Video games don't always obey real life rules.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

You can block them in corner and run hag with scarred hand too. If you don't know what that is it provide a clone that bodyblock for you.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Most video games require some level of "suspense of disbelief" to appreciate the game. Like, in most RPGs where you have an inventory and items/weight, the characters can usually fit obscenely large things into their pockets, or carry inhuman amounts of weight. Some things just exist like that because it makes sense for the game. In DbD I would say collision between survivors and killers can lead to some pretty close calls between either an escape or a down/hook.