Ngl DC bans shouldn't be a thing while toxicity is so prominent.

On PC its not that noticeable but on xbox? Players are 30x more toxic cause they KNOW you can't dc. So killers just straight up face camp, tunnel, then slug because they know you can't do anything now. And survivors are just as bad when it comes to tea bagging and flashlights. Idk how you'd improve the toxicity in this game but seriously it needs to be worked on because its just killing the fun at this point.

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Many other games are like this. Look at Rocket League, a big, successful game where dc bans are in game and at high ranks, everyone is toxic. Same type of bans as DBD. One DC means 5 minutes, Second is 15 and so on.

• obamagaming99
    obamagaming99 Member Posts: 216

agreed there's just too many problems at the moment with the game as a whole for dc bans to be a good thing. Maybe later if they solve many MANY problems it would be a good choice

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Yeah but can't you still PLAY those games you just cant play ranked?

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
  • Cheers

You can, but then it becomes a high ranked player against a low ranked player, and majority of the rl community frowns upon smurfing or playing against lower ranked players.

• Cheers
  • LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I dunno, maybe for some. But if playing cheaply caused unpleasant boredom in a game someone really likes, then there wouldn't be so many campy killers in DBD. So, maybe not too.

• Cheers

I haven't experienced camping outside of EGC in a long time ngl

• kate_best_girl

Fr like if you can still completely deny someone a fun experience the entire game for a minimum of 5 minutes then there shouldn't be any problem with said person wanting to leave.

• kate_best_girl

With the new DC bans ive literally been camped every game ive played today and I played about 20 as survivor

• Cheers

The last time I was camped was last mont when we got the double rank reset and I was only back from skiing so I was a it behind, and before that I can't remember .

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

Slugging isn't toxicity it's a valid counter play to the changes that removed a lot of what slowed the game down. If your team is four man slugged, that's a misplay from you.

Face camping is a strategy that only works if you let it. If you're legitimately facing a face camper, ignore the hooked person and work on generators. Sucks to be the hooked guy, I know but this is the best counter.

True tunneling there isn't much you can do I'm afraid. If it's legit tunneling and not "This person is strictly the person that keeps running out in front of me" your best bet is to apply the strategy to counter face camping.

• kate_best_girl

Bruh the fact that "Just die." Is the only counter isnt a real counter.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Look at apex. There is casual mode and ranked mode. Ranked gives you penalty for DCing. Casual not. What dbd needs is a separation to casual and ranked.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

On pc its not that noticeable? LOL

Pc version is full of trolls. Survivors who bodyblock, killers and survivors that work together to chase down everyone else, and killers that insist on forcing people to bleed out.

As long as the trolls have their fun though the devs remain adamant that they “did a pretty good job so far” with the penalties. I mean disconnects are down so its all good right? Problem solved!

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

One person dies and the others escape. Valid strategy that penalizes Killers because BHVR believes that Killers should only be able to get 2-3 people per match on average. At being stuck at only 1 kill, said Killer is under preforming and in fact has lost the match.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

I've left the game a few times as killer just because I got lobbies of people way higher ranked who refused to do anything to finish the game and I couldn't actually kill them. So it was a promise of an infinite length game consisting of them just teabagging and taunting. Then the chat after I left was, "LOL GOTEM LOLOL"

It's one thing to just steamroll and win, but simply refusing to end the game because you're rank 2 and notice that you got a newbie killer should be the punishable action in this equation. (Yes, I know actually enforcing that fairly would be near impossible.)

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

I'll celebrate the ban system every day it's here, because I was usually one of 2 or 3 chumps who got saddled with the rest of the game because some delicate flower, found one among DOZENS of reasons to DC. For once, i don't have to enter a game wondering how i'm going to be f**ked over by my own team this time, since it was a solid 50/50 chance.

You're getting camped? We all get camped, take it like a champ and move on.

Got slugged, crawl around and bleed out, or crawl away from the camping killer using you as bait. Your team either figures out whats going on,or the killer panics and hooks you.

Either way, I am prepared to sound utterly heartless for once and say, I really don't care what the excuse is, bans need to stay because its the only way I, and many many others like me, can get a solid game where we aren't f**ked within 5 mins by susie survivor DCing because of reason A. B and C.

Sorry, but my sympathy died up around 200 DC's ago. (over two years, that is NOT an exaggeration)

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

We are playing different games then. I rarely see Survivors sandbag/bodyblock one another. In the last month, only once have I had someone work with the Killer to kill me, and maybe 1 out of 10 games do I get a high mobile killer like Oni with Infectious Fright 4 man slug my group and even then, I haven't ever experienced a Killer letting us bleed out, unless it's because they don't have BBQ and can't find me.

Most of my trouble in the game is I play solo and either I have idiot teammates who unhook with the Killer still there, hide in a corner across the map while I am cussing at them to come unhook me before I get to second stage, or from my own lack of ability to loop (yea, I'm bad 😭).

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Yeah a dcing survivor can screw over both sides. Possibly deny a stack of bbq to the killer. Lower the other survivors chances of winning. Less overall points for the killer, unless they go a bit easy.

Clicky has the oddest meaning of bodyblocking i have seen. Since i have never once seen it used as a negative. Since it normally used in as a way of simply saying, the other survivors are stopping the killer from hitting one of their wounded buddies. So they can successfully escape and get to say the exit gates, aka taking protection hits for their buddy. Not so the killer can catch up with them and murder them, that is what sandbagging normally is used for. Which yeah Clicky, always seems to find the worst people possible somehow in their games, going by their past history. While my experience in game, is more akin to yours Avis. Most people just play the game normally. That and normally yeah, if a killer leaves someone to bleed it out. It normally due to being unable to find them. Heck try finding a down Ace. They are so soft, it's like they have iron will build in. That or sometimes sounds do get bugged. Leading to it being hard to find someone, on the ground. That and i do believe you get more blood points for hooking a survivor rather than letting them bleed out. I might be wrong on that one, so take it with a gain of salt. So it would be in the benefit of the killer, to hook the survivors for them addition points. That and for ranking up, it benefits the killer more to hook survivors. Since they gain more goal points, for hooking a survivor, than they do for letting them bleed out.

Yeah unhooking in front of the killer, is normally a bad idea. If someone going to do that, they should really bring burrow time. If they want to pull off risky saves. I mean maybe if the survivor on hook is close to going into second stage, it might be worth it to try and unhook them to give them a chance to get away, yet that case tends to be a bit rare from the games i play as survivor. Since normally you get saved safely, during first stage or enter into second stage and wonder what the heck are your team mates doing? Which heck, i seen team mates hide in lockers. Like oh yeah we got two people down in the basement, i just got hit by the killer, clearly showing i am in a chase. They just sit in a locker, waiting around and doing nothing. Leading to everyone dying. Thankfully that is a very rare event for me. Lucky alot of my team mates as of late, have been decent. Of course sometimes you see special survivors, to put it nicely. When as a killer, it very interesting to see. While as a survivor, the reaction tends to be a bit different, due to having to play with them as part of a team, rather than against them. Since sometimes, your worst enemy in the game, is not the killer but your team mates.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

Sure, dbd has some issues, but people wanna act like the game crashes 24/7. If it IS doing so for someone, the problem is 99% something on their end that can eventually be tracked down and fixed.

Most of the "issues" people are dcing for are things like "I vaulted a window into the killer's face during a chase", "I get left slugged on the ground because 2 guys with flashlights showed up when he was about to hook me", "I got found first", etc, etc. These aren't game issues. These are potato issues. If you're getting camped and prefer not to deal with it, there's an easy, non-DC solution to that. If you think you get slugged too often, there's an in game solution to that - at least 3 perks I can think of thst help with it. Not a lot of people had any issue suggesting that killers who didn't like old ds "just run enduring", etc.

Yeah, getting camped out sucks for one guy, and yeah, that one guy is concerned mostly for his singular experience, but in the end, the game has to be functionally handled as 4v1, not 1v1 + 1v1 + 1v1 + 1v1. If you really only want to worry about yourself as a singular entity, queue up as killer.

Yes, I mostly play killer. All the survivor I play is in solo queue. I've been camped. I've drawn a red rank hag as a yellow rank survivor who ran mint rag and an ebony mori. Doesn't bother me. I managed to do a daily, got moried, then went and queued up for the next game instead of hanging around waiting to ######### out the killer. Same thing when I get camped. I spend a couple minutes hanging around to let gens get done (or way less if everyone has come over and is crouching around looking for an opportunity to die, because then I just suicide on the hook instead), then queue up for the next game. I suppose it'd be more annoying if I was swfing and HAD to wait for everyone else. Even then, the total wait time wouldn't be much different than if I'd simply been the first to get caught and then potatoes myself into the killer's arms a couple times.

Everyone knows non-persistent multi-player games require waiting periodically. Hell, I played original counterstrike into the ground, it's not really any different than catching an early awp in the head and having to wait around for some chuckle head to creep around and plant the bomb.

• kate_best_girl

Yeah now EVERY game is ruined because of toxic players what a great tradeoff.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Slugging isn't toxic. Leaving all 4 survivors on the ground is, in which case you should record and report.

• kate_best_girl

No I dont think slugging is toxic in itself I think being camped, tunneled, then slugged so they avoid DS is toxic.

• CosmicParagon

Slugging to avoid DS DEFINITELY isn't toxic, assuming the Killer doesn't guard your body. If I can't rehook you after downing you, I'm going to at least make sure you can't do gens until somebody picks you up.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

The same could be said for killers facing toxic survivors. They don't want to deal with their toxicity, but they must lest the DC ban strike them down.

• kate_best_girl

No I agree. Im saying the game isn't in a healthy state to include DC bans especially since people use it as an excuse to be as toxic as possible.

• kate_best_girl

How is Camping, then tunneling, then slugging not toxic? At this point you're just showing you're a toxic killer main.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Yeah, you just framed it like survivors suffer from this more when everyone does. : P

• CosmicParagon

I never said anything about camping and tunneling for that very reason. I just meant that slugging to wait out DS isn't toxic

• GoddamnBananas
    GoddamnBananas Member Posts: 54

Yeah, I'm gonna call b.s. There is almost no excuse to DC, period. If you chose to go into a game with 4 other people, to essentially ruin the experience of everyone else there because your feeling for hurt, is just plain pathetic, regardless of which side you play. Do you want to go back to the days when Survivors DC'd immediately when they saw Legion and Killers DC's as soon as Ruin got popped? I'd rather play a flawed, semi-toxic, but full match than wait forever to find a game, only to have it be over before it really began because someone was upset.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

Yeah but the game shouldn’t be like that. That’s not fun for your team. The point of DC ban is to Prevent people from giving up right? Well it’s not doing a good job of that if people can still find a way out. Therefore they should not be there. Because it’s only making people want to play the game less. It actually has a more negative impact on the game than it does positive. Don’t you see this? What killer gets to have his kill? That’s the benefit from no DCs? Eh...

• SurviveByDaylight
    edited April 2020

There’s no excuse to DC sure, but they can still hook suicide. It literally doesn’t matter when it comes to your teammates. You can still make an early departure by hook suiciding. Better than getting Mori’d :)

• GoddamnBananas

And if they immediately suicide on their first hook, report them, since that's almost as bad. More importantly, suicides are far less frequent than DC's used to be. It's a fact that people stick around for the majority of a match far more often than they used to, and that's a good thing.

• SurviveByDaylight

Report them lmao. That might be the most childish thing I’ve ever heard. First of all, the game shouldn’t be like this to begin with. Rather than taking the easy way out installing DC penalties and As much as you want to blame the person hook suiciding or quitting it can better be resolved by implementing other solutions via in game changes to make people feel like they have more of a chance. I’m not saying hey killers don’t camp those hooks, because by all means go ahead you have every right to do that if you want to. But this game doesn’t need to give them more of a reason to other than their own interest. My big thing is, Mori’s are just insanely feeding into That kind of behavior from killers. It’s kind of ridiculous when you think about something like that being a small component in someone’s load out pre game but having such a big impact in game. It’s not “ultra rare” but rather “common” as it shows up in literally every bloodweb level. I played 10 games straight as survivor just recently and my findings are that 8/10 of those games the killer had an ebony Mori. That’s just ridiculous. I don’t think it’s that serious. That’s all they have to put in that slot to help them gain an advantage but survivors don’t have that same treatment in their offering slot do they? They have add ons, killers have add ons. Except survivor add ons are one time use like the brand new part, killers add ons last the whole game. How is that balanced ?

• GoddamnBananas

First of all, imagine talking about the "easy way out" while defending DC's. And no, reporting DC's/suicides isn't childish, it's the right thing to do. There's literally a report category for people who afk, quit, etc. Second, having DC penalties doesn't encourage camping, that's a Herculean leap in logic. If garbage players want to camp, they're gonna camp, regardless of whether the person will quit or not. Third, I highly doubt you ever saw a Mori in 8/10 games. While it's true that P3 bloodwebs give Ebonies out like candy, you still don't face them very often. And yes, Survivors do have an equivalent to a Mori, the keys. You can't argue for the nerf/removal of one, without including the other. Man, you're so biased, you've actually got me defending Killers lmao.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I rarely get toxic players

If you find that every single game is ruined because of toxic players you need to either

Look to yourself and see if you aren't asking for toxic behavior by being toxic yourself

Or seriously revalidate your view om what's toxic or not

Slugging for example is only toxic when the killer refuses to hook and let's you bleed out just to waste your time

If you find everything the killer does to gain an advantage toxic then yeah i can believe you feel like every game is toxic

But that is a problem with your view on things rather then with the game

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479

5 minut ban is nothing. If you game crashes constantly, then you would destroy all games you would participate in.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Survivors do gens? Toxic, DC

Killers hooked same survivor twice in a row? Toxic, DC

Killer has 5 stacks of devour soap? Toxic, DC

Survivor popped all gens quickly? Toxic, DC

Toxicity is very subjective in this game so if you can't handle it, don't play at all. Unless someone is outright breaking the rules you shouldn't dc.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Ermm.... DCing IS toxic....that is what it has been adressed....

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited April 2020

Yeah don’t buy this one bit.

Before if someone left it sucked but you could leave too freely.

Now if someone leaves in the first minute you’re stuck there and still screwed over no matter what.

Its far worse than before

Post edited by ClickyClicky on
  • Doomspooge
    Doomspooge Member Posts: 184

Are you guys still raging over the DC penalty? Same names with the same rants again and again. It's easy, don't DC and you don't get a penalty. Just because things aren't going your way is no excuse to bail.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

well since i wasn't 'selling' it, too bad. Other people have opinions. Don't want a penalty don't DC end of story.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I had a game last night where i hit/downed/hooked everyone but the 4th player... Then I saw the bunny at 3 gens. Chased the bunny and downed the bunny. I saw someone else so I went to shoo them away 😂, came back to hook a bunny, but the bunny a dc'd.

At that point, my motivation to continue the match dropped to 0, so i camped the dc'd bunny...I could have dc'd and eaten the penalty, but that just screws all of the ppl in the match.