Why is bloodlust even a thing? (Ideas for bloodlust changes)

Earlier today I was playing a game at rank 6 as Freddy, and in a single chase I got bloodlust 4 times. Each time I got bloodlust, the survivor would run loops around a dropped pallet, and wouldn't stop until I broke the pallet and lost bloodlust. If I remember correctly the devs said on one of their streams that chases in a chase you are supposed to get a hit around every 15 seconds, and that's why the killer gets bloodlust. That clearly doesn't work if you can get bloodlust 4 times, meaning the chase was over 60 seconds, and still was unable to hit a single survivor. I realized that its such a terrible mechanic because you literally loose it when you do anything other than chase the survivor. Anyways I just wanted to write down an idea I had that could improve it.

Changes:
-blood lust is gained and increases a level every 5 seconds the killer is in a chase.
-blood lust stacks last indefinitely.
-each stack of blood lust increases the killers movement speed by .05%
-all stacks of bloodlust are lost when a survivor goes down one health state, regardless of how this health state is lost.
-blood lust can only be lost when a survivor goes down a health state
-Bloodlust becomes inactive when out of a chase for 3 seconds
-Blood lust becomes inactive when killers use or charge a right click ability - blink, chainsaw, place trap, throw etc.
-While blood lust is inactive, it will not loose stacks or gain stacks, but it will also not grant any movement speed bonus.
-If blood lust is inactive, it will become active 5 seconds after being in a chase and no ability is being used or charged. If bloodlust is inactive, a new stack will not be gained until 5 seconds after it activates.

Last thoughts:
To me it just doesn't make sense that they added blood lust, a passive ability to all killers aimed at reducing the chase time to a reasonable 15 seconds, that is countered literally anytime the killer performs an action. I mean a pallet break is in no way equivalent to injuring or downing a survivor, so why should blood lust be affected by both of them the same way. Finally, I admit that these values aren't perfect, but I still think it could be a good Idea if implemented correctly.