Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Lighting Problem? (Maybe) [PC]

Zeskkie
Zeskkie Member Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting

Summary:

There's a Lighting Bug (maybe) that occurs on screen.

Description:

Randomly when I enter any Match, there will be purple-pink-blue glows on screen that will keep blinking on my face on a REALLY BRIGHT way, they look to make a smoky trail sort of thing that you can partially draw something before the trail disappears, this glow stays for the entire match and even happens on the lobby sometimes, there are even worse cases where the glow takes about 75% of the screen, making it really impossible to catch any information from any visual direction, thus making the match unplayeable.

How to Reproduce:

?

Notes:

• The game was already unninstaled and re-downloaded and the issue persists, there are days that there is no glow at all and there are days that it can't stop appearing
  • As you have guessed, restarting the game does not fix the problem.
  • I already tried to validate and check the game archives via steam, but it says its 100% ok.
  • This happens by a long time now, but i thought it would be fixed eventually so i just let it go, i stopped playing for about 10 months and returned recently, and I am really dissapointed that it still exists.
  • If the glow appears in one match, if I go another without restarting the game the glow can appear again, but it does not necessarily appear again, it's like a RNG glitch. Pretty bizarre.
  • Down bellow i will link certain videos that you can see for yourself the glitch mentioned above.
  • THIS IS A GUESS but, when I played dbd way back when the Lighting offerings such the ones that darken the moonlight and stuff, this NEVER happened, so it PROBABLY is linked to something on that timescale, or even linked to updates that are next to the dark moon bouquet one.
  • It occurs regularly, it would say 1 every 4 matches this happens.
  • The image posted above, keep in mind that it keeps blinking REALLY FAST and BRIGHT, sometimes the area expands in the middle of blinking, so its pretty horrible.

Media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r0m0jpPmMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t79TAqYIwXo

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Zeskkie
    Zeskkie Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020

Remember when I said 75% of the screen? Well yeah, this time is about 90%