Put a cap on Object of Obsession

Traslogan
Traslogan Member Posts: 283
edited April 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm seeing more and more games where it's clear I'm playing against SWF using Object of Obsession. Someone is permanently revealing themselves to me and even as tier 1 shape I'm watching people pre-emptively run away without any sight of me, it's also destroying any ability the killer has to play mindgames to end chases.

If you dare to go for the object of obsession, 2 people come out to body block and flashlight stun when they intentionally go down in the open ground so you're guaranteed to be stunned upon pickup.

Seriously, why is there no cap for this? It has no cooldown, no limit, nothing. Here we are as killers with many of our abilities being finite, but SWF are decimating the game with Object of Obsession and I'm seeing it more and more as an easy way for a team to get extreme amounts of cheating info on the killer. We're at a point where we're forced to tunnel object of obsession and they get 3-4 gens done in that time due to them using multiple people to delay the chase as much as possible, but if we don't go near them we simply cannot do anything else due to info being communicated.

Comments

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143
    edited April 2020

I mean, there are a few limits actually. They can't see you if they're in your terror radius,so you could try and run distressing to increase it. If they are the obsession then the range is increased, if they aren't then its a decreased range. As T1 Shape (or any killer that can be undetectable) the OoO can't see your aura but the perk will light up if they're looking in your vicinity, so use that to mind game.

The OoO knows they're going to be tunneled as soon as they put the perk on and most know how to loop, so shut the loops down early and stay close to them, they cant see you if you're too close.

• Traslogan
    edited April 2020

My typical build is shape with M&A so my terror radius is fairly small for the sake of starting chases with minimal distance. I still think there's severe issues with people just over-using this perk though. I understand its usefulness for solo survivors, but I'm watching SWF teams just completely block my ability to counter them by using that perk to excess. It's yet another part of the game where it works well for solos but SWF can completely flip it on its head and break it.

As soon as I go for the OoO they immediately have friends there to triple the chase time. If I switch to their friends, the info kicks back in and I'm back to square one, I can't dupe them at hut, I can't look the wrong way to try and catch them around a loop, and it's just unbelievably frustrating.

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143

Oof M&A with an OoO will kill you. You could try to make someone else the obsession so the OoO has to be closer to see you.

Just keep trying different tactics and maybe swap your set up around, Object of Obsession is probably the last thing Devs are worried about rn.

• Traslogan

Shape is completely out-dated and out of meta without M&A though. He's just too slow and has to yield chases to get his finite power (only to find that there's 11 pallets nearby and he can chase for 90s even while ignoring as many pallets as possible).

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

Tier I Shape is Undetectable, they don't have the ability to read your aura during this phase.

• Traslogan

Right but you don't stay in that phase for long. Your chasing ability is next to nothing in tier 1 and almost everything is as good as an infinite loop (you are locked out of having bloodthirst on tier 1 shape too). You aim to leave tier 1 asap, save for maybe snagging a hook from jumping someone who is on a gen once. Therefore the issues that affect tier 2 are far more concerning.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

Seems like you take problem with the fact that myers just isn't a very good killer rather than OoO. Spine chill would effectively give you the same problem if a good looper was running it.Only thing OOO is better for in that situation is telling your SWF whats up.

If you're relying on your small terror radius to win games, spine chill (which is way more popular than OOO) is equally brutal

• Traslogan

I can strafe with infrequent peeking to mitigate much of spine chill though, which imo is good common practise since it's a fair perk to assume will be present. OoO simply confers an insane advantage to SWF with comms.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

This is more of an issue with SWF breaking the game balance and enjoyment than OoO. Please direct your frustration at SWF rather than OoO if you would <3

• Traslogan

Have you ever tried to direct frustration at SWF in DBD? EVeryone deflects like you just did but in the opposite direction.

No one will ever touch SWF or any issues it brings about, which is why less and less people play killer and wait times get worse and worse for survivors.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

I know how you feel. I'm Freddy Main, and Object is broken against him once you are asleep.

What I do against an swf with Object:

Just ignore that guy. Ignore him, when he tbags, ignore him when he clickers, just ignore him always. He'll get bored, because he can't do his ######### and he'll get cocky. Just be aware of your surroundings, be patient. Listen for steps, before picking him (or someone else) up. Check lockers for the guy with Head on. Look for BT, "insta heal" and DS. Punish his teammates for being altruistic. Be clever, be ingenious. Unpredictable.

Use STBFL or PWYF. Perfect to ignore him.

This works for me.