Which killer and survivor do you think is the most broken and what needs to be changed about them?

gamemaster1
gamemaster1 Member Posts: 64
edited April 2020 in General Discussions

I would think maybe either doctor or hillbilly. Doctor because his special power can be a little broken at some points but he is more of the balanced side but Hillbilly I think is the most broken. First off Hillbilly's chainsaw just that can half of the time be like super op and it can one shot people. And for survivors, I don't know, I guess Claudette because infinite healing.

Comments

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited April 2020

Um....

So survivors are just skins, basically. You can't do anything unique with them.

Killers are different because each have their own unique power.

So, Claudette can't infinitely heal on her own, she needs her perk Self Care for that.

It'll be more understandable if you said that her base clothing is too dark and you can't see her in dark maps, or in bushes.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

No survivor is broken. They’re all just skins. Perks for survivors can be broken. The most broken killers are Freddy and Spirit atm tho

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Claudette - Blends in too well with most textures

Hillbilly - Too much speed AND power. He needs a cooldown or something to stop him crossing the map and then immediately back again, and he should be slowed down when revving his chainsaw so he cant casually walk behind a survivor with it charged

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

The plethora of second chance perks and how they interact together and with the end game needs to be looked at. Legion is broken in that they are a weak killer who are annoying for survivors to go against.

Second chance perks being borrowed time, decisive strike, for the people and so on. Separately, these perks are fine. Except for DS which is and has been awful when used certain ways (hopping in lockers/working on gens in front of killer).

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

Hillbilly is pretty well-balanced. He has very strong map pressure and can instadown, but his instadown isn't almighty and mostly relies on deadzones to work well, and his chainsaw constantly broadcasts his location which is an extreme disadvantage especially at high levels of play.

By "broken", I'll take that to mean overpowered instead of with truly broken design (IMO Plague is the most "broken" character, because she doesn't actually work to her original design), to which I would probably say Freddy.

Freddy is not totally ludicrous or unbeatable, but he IMO gets results that are too good for an extremely basic level of play right now. A Killer getting good results is fine but I would prefer a greater level of strategy and player skill be involved in the process.

As for Survivors, they're just differentriated by teachables, so there isn't really a proper answer to that QUENTIN.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

ace has basically got a built in iron will 1 he is super hard to hear as a killer

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Survivors are identical

Ghostface because of how horribly inconsistent his power is.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

Claudette, she invisible 90% of my games

I don't think any killers are op but ghostfaces detection system needs major changes

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

Hillbilly is only balanced on the older maps. And even then some of them make him super overpowered. You get hillbilly on Shelter Woods, the map with like 3-4 good pallets? Terrible and boring game no matter what happens, he sees you? You go down. He probably has spirit fury and IF as well, along with built-in brutal strength in the form of a fast saw.

Better hug a locker to block BBQ or you are screwed.

The new ones, which give survivors very little to work with, also make him pretty bad. Hillbilly is why I think the 3.7 update is going to be a nightmare.

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

Killers:

Doctor is overanoyingpowered with his passives. When I hear his terror radius sound -- this match is over to me.

I wrote about this here:

Survivors:

As a killer, I find Blendetters super annoying, in some cases on dark maps I cannot see survivor even when they run in front of me.

• Viceus
    Viceus Member Posts: 145

Survivor :

The most broken one is SWF and everybody knows that... if you ask about character maybe my answer is :

all female character need increase height a little like the male one... so they can be spotted easily

Killer :

As long as not memento mori and Instant down add-ons.. They are good... and if you ask about character my answer is:

Nurse and Spirit ==> Very broken ( killer with increase movement speed and can down survivor very easily is broken ) .. I just lazy to face them because at least they can kill 2 person.... and at peak they can kill all of the survivors...

Hillbilly ==> as long as the map not open field map he is okay... ( Laboratory & Gideon meat plant )

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

No killer is broken at their base. Add-ons make some of them a bit broken (insta-saw, Iridescent Head, etc...) especially when paired with a mori.

Some people might dislike playing against certain killers but no killer is unbeatable. Some add-ons need a change though.

• FFabeq
    FFabeq Member Posts: 530

Survivor:

-claudette

Killer:

-Hillbilly

-Spirit

-Oni

With current map changes, their powers should get a speed nerf.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Why would you of all killers say that hillbilly is OP?

Sure his chainsaw is a strong tool for map pressure and ending chases faster.

But it gets easily shut down if the survivor is near a pallet/window.If he can causually walk behind a survivor while charging his saw then the survivor is clearly outpositioned.He only needs a nerf to his Insta Saw Addons.That's it.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 256

They patched it, so that his BL resets when he places a snare ages ago fyi.