Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I’ve been force disconnected many times and am getting banned for it.

Maddley
Maddley Member Posts: 2

I just recently bought dbd for the switch. In one of maybe 4/5 games, I’ll be disconnected. This counts as me purposefully disconnecting so I get banned from matchmaking. This has happened so many times that I’m up to my second 30:00 ban. I know my connection isn’t an issue as I’ve had no problems with my internet and even have been playing with friends while it happens. I leave lobbies that do not have a green ping and it still occurs. I like the game when it works and it really just feels like a waste of my money when this happens. Not sure if I’m still gonna want to play it anymore. I’ve attached an image of one of my bans.

3 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

Comments

• RavagingBlue
    RavagingBlue Member Posts: 2

Same thing happened with me. A match suddenly disconnected and I ended up getting penalized. A while later I had a killer DC and all survivors got penalties because of them. I filled a report and I got an email basically saying, "We'll consider the situation but because we can't change the penalty system, you'll have to wait out the penalty."

So basically, I can't even play the damn game anymore because the creators of the game are destroying it.

Reminds me of when they actually played the game live and got their asses kicked. They don't seem to actually consider the players that play the game and all the bugs/issues they still haven't gotten to fixing. 😕

Some friends of mine stopped playing because of the update and I've been slowly leaving the game as well. Friday The 13th has been fun. 👍

• Maddley
    Maddley Member Posts: 2

I had essentially the same response on my first submitted ticket, and was told to make a post on the forums in the second. There needs to be some way to not penalize players when it's not their fault.

• liv071981
    liv071981 Member Posts: 27

I have been having this same issue on XBox, about once a night. My internet speed is excellent, NAT type is always Open, I use a hardwired connection. I've done a hard reset. Still, at least once a day I get disconnected from a match. Sometimes it shows the disconnection symbol for both me and the killer, other times I get the escape symbol. Either way, I still get a disconnection penalty even though I did not intentionally DC. It is very frustrating. It is clearly a cross platform issue. I have submitted tickets almost every time, and am getting the same response. Which doesn't feel like much of a response.