Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

spotted owl wreath

batmanscar
batmanscar Member Posts: 466

would I get points if I use the add on spotted owl wreath without thrill of the hunt perk or do I need to use both to get hunting bloodpoints ? also how do I get hunting bloodpoints do I need to chase a survivor ?

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited April 2020

@batmanscar

No, you don't need "Thrill of the Hunt" to gain BPs with the Spotted Owl Wreath. Thrill of the Hunt is just a perk that boosts "hunting Blood-points" while also adding a notification for anyone that's cleansing an active Hex totem. This includes Thrill of the Hunt itself if it's being cleansed. If you're using just the Spotted Owl Wreath than you'll only gain a 50% boost without the additional boost that Thrill of the Hunt gives.

If you use the Devout or Ardent versions of that wreath than you'll gain a 75% boost for the Devout version and a 100% boost for the Devout version. Keep in-mind that you only gain these percentages for that emblem, they're not given out to any other BP category UNLESS it says so in the offerings description.

Also, you gain "Hunting Bloopoints" for how long you were chasing a Survivor. The longer the chase, the more points you're rewarded with. You can also gain these points through special interactions, but the main point is that they're gathered through chasing Survivors and ending said chases through downing them, losing the chase, or intentionally leaving the chase. I believe you gain more points for this category if you successfully hit the Survivor and/or down them in the chase.

You can also gain points in this category for other interactions, but those interactions are alluding my memory at the moment... If you want my full honesty about how to gain points in this category, than just play Killer and they'll come to you. This emblem category is by far the easiest and most forgettable one to gain points in, since just playing normally and chasing Survivors will give you enough points.