The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I think I understand why survivors make toxic builds now.

ChraizE
ChraizE Member Posts: 232

Decisive Strike / Dead Hard / Unbreakable / Adrenalin I found were a little OP as I climbed survivor ranks right up until a point. Once you hit rank 10 and beyond you'll find killers are more often Nurse than not. Against a REALLY GOOD nurse I feel like these perks are totally fair. I've had some pretty incredible one sided matches in the Nurse favour by simply outplaying all of us to an extent of humiliation and embarrassment. I tried Stealth builds against nurses and it doesn't work against a REALLY good one. Some p3 nurses out there are just INSANE. I felt I absolutely NEEDED the dead hard and the DS just to be able to survive for a bit longer because when you go up against a god nurse it just about feels like the killer is cheating.

I feel like this might be the reason why DS and Dead Hard are so popular (even though it feels a little over kill against other killers) I think I get it now, go up against a few god nurse's and you'll start to like DS and DH a little more imo.

• Queue "git gud" and similar comments below*

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@King_Checkmate said:
    Im just gonna say, anyone that can play nurse good on console deserves credit.
    Stiff af

Yes. Most Nurse's on Xbox are awful. I can't play her for crap. But there are a handful of rank 1 killers that play Nurse, IDK if they main her. One guy does perkless p3 Nurse.

I feel like Spine Chill is a good perk to fight Nurse because she's all about mind games and prediction. So if are around a jungle gym and she's say just blinked inside, she's going to look where she wants to go. If you see it lit then don't go that way. If it's not lit then she's not blinking that way and it's safe.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Not a lot of killers play as the nurse because of difficulty of mastering her. So there should be fewer players and especially in the higher ranks. However I am not saying what you have experience so far is not true. I just find it hard to believe that most of time you are going up againt a nurse because I rarely find a match with the nurse. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Hillbilly420 said:

@ZombieGenesis said:
    The ######### of it is there are a lot of nurses at that level because survivors are running that load out. It's a vicious circle.

Exactly. If it's not Nurse it's Billy. I'd love to use other Killers but I know the rest are at a massive disadvantage when compared to Billy and Nurse.

Play hag and convert to the dark side.

• ChraizE

@Iceman said:
    Not a lot of killers play as the nurse because of difficulty of mastering her. So there should be fewer players and especially in the higher ranks. However I am not saying what you have experience so far is not true. I just find it hard to believe that most of time you are going up againt a nurse because I rarely find a match with the nurse. 

Sorry to say but majority of killers at high rank ARE nurse's. If you were at high rank you would know that. It's common knowledge.

• Iceman
    ChraizE said:

@Iceman said:

Sorry to say but majority of killers at high rank ARE nurse's. If you were at high rank you would know that. It's common knowledge.

I am at a high rank. And maybe it is because you are referring to pc. I have not experience that on console. 
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@Iceman said:
    ChraizE said:

@Iceman said:

I am at a high rank. And maybe it is because you are referring to pc. I have not experience that on console. 

It's not on PC either. I'd say 25-30%. It's a mix of Huntress, Billy, and Nurse. Maybe more diversity now with Clown?

• ChraizE

@Iceman said:
    ChraizE said:

@Iceman said:

I am indeed referring to PC of course can you imagine trying to nurse on a controller? lol no thanks. In my region on pc from 1-9 rank every second to third match is nurse.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    What @Visionmaker said, it's the way you use those skills.
    Being called toxic cause they help survivors to survive? Gimme a break
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Vietfox said:
    What @Visionmaker said, it's the way you use those skills.
    Being called toxic cause they help survivors to survive? Gimme a break

survivors don't need any help surviving in the first place let's be honest

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Iceman said:
    ChraizE said:

@Iceman said:

I’ve learned to never underestimate a nurse even on console, there are some who have mastered her and at that point you really have to think on the fly to win and outsmart the blink while breaking LOS because looping or more common jukes won’t work and always get cocky survivors killed who don’t think out of the box 
  • Iceman
    ChraizE said:

@Iceman said:
    ChraizE said:

@Iceman said:

I am indeed referring to PC of course can you imagine trying to nurse on a controller? lol no thanks. In my region on pc from 1-9 rank every second to third match is nurse.

My apologies I jumped gun, I should of ask what platform you were on instead of assuming from my experience. 
  • Iceman
    lyric said:
    Iceman said:
    ChraizE said:

@Iceman said:

I’ve learned to never underestimate a nurse even on console, there are some who have mastered her and at that point you really have to think on the fly to win and outsmart the blink while breaking LOS because looping or more common jukes won’t work and always get cocky survivors killed who don’t think out of the box 
    Yeah I don’t, there was a nurse killer who had bbq and chili. The match ended less than 5minutes. I wish there were more nurse players. I see a great nurse every blue moon. Otherwise I am dealing with a nurse who can only get one survivor. Which can be boring. 

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ChraizE said:
    Decisive Strike / Dead Hard / Unbreakable / Adrenalin I found were a little OP as I climbed survivor ranks right up until a point. Once you hit rank 10 and beyond you'll find killers are more often Nurse than not. Against a REALLY GOOD nurse I feel like these perks are totally fair. I've had some pretty incredible one sided matches in the Nurse favour by simply outplaying all of us to an extent of humiliation and embarrassment. I tried Stealth builds against nurses and it doesn't work against a REALLY good one. Some p3 nurses out there are just INSANE. I felt I absolutely NEEDED the dead hard and the DS just to be able to survive for a bit longer because when you go up against a god nurse it just about feels like the killer is cheating.

I feel like this might be the reason why DS and Dead Hard are so popular (even though it feels a little over kill against other killers) I think I get it now, go up against a few god nurse's and you'll start to like DS and DH a little more imo.

• Queue "git gud" and similar comments below*

Just run a slugging build and make them suffer as much as you can

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604
    There is no such thing as a toxic build.

Just toxic people.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Pirscher said:

Just toxic people.

This is a good point. Though Killers usually say "toxic builds", it's only because the people who use those builds are often toxic themselves.

• ItsJoel13
    ItsJoel13 Member Posts: 6

@Orion said:

@Pirscher said:

Just toxic people.

This is a good point. Though Killers usually say "toxic builds", it's only because the people who use those builds are often toxic themselves.

Exactly... I use Dead Hard, Urban, Self-Care and Iron Will and people will often call that a toxic build however I don't t-bag or use flashlights or toolboxes or insta heals etc. I've been using Dead Hard since it came out, Urban since it was changed to 100% from 50%, Iron Will since I got it from the shrine last year and self-care because it's quite literally the go to perk. It just happens that this build has become more of the meta especially since people don't like the exhaustion change and people such as Tru3ta1ent now use this build