Dying light and thanatophobia

When you stack these perks is it worth it? If you have 6 stacks of dying light and everybody injured what are the numbers on how many extra seconds it would take to do a complete generator?

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033
    edited May 2020

Just remember that perks like this are additive, not multiplicative. Meaning with four injured Thana is an extra 12.8 seconds. Then Dying Light’s percentage times eighty seconds is added to the already 92.8 second gen speed.

My main take away when playing though is playing well makes it more and more difficult. The actual math doesn’t fit into my play too much outside maybe not targeting the obsession.

With six stacks at 3% it’s +14.4 seconds and with four stacks of Thana, combined gen speed is 107.2.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Personally, I think it's better to take perks that make me more efficient as a killer rather than taking perks that make survivors slower. I don't think you need Dying Light/Thanat against the types of survivors that combo works against, and you'll need chase or tracking perks against the survivors who can work around Dying Light/Thanat. Just my two cents.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

Idk. It works pretty well with Legion. Other than that, it's benefit doesn't seem to be too high.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    edited May 2020

The problem with dying light is that for it to do anything you need to stack it up. However to stack it up, you need to get a lot of hooks, meaning that you're already doing well. In other words, the times it works you actually didn't need it and times you did need it, it's very hard to get it stacked, meaning that in both scenarios it's pretty much a wasted perk slot.

I won't argue whether thana is a bad perk as well (i think it is), but either way, it stacks much better with sloppy than dying light. It basically punishes survivors for healing (especially self care) and incentivises survivors to stay injured. It could net you very quick downs if you're playing a stealthy killer like wraith, pig, gf, myers, deathslinger and so on.

My general advice for any player who likes to use these kind of perks is to stop thinking about slowing survivors down and focus on buffing your own tracking/chase potential. Try pressuring survivors by finding them and winning chases fast rather than making them slower at doing their objective. You'll find it's a lot more effective and fun for both sides.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Dying light is a terrible perk. It's only good on Legion (because you actually want them to group up and heal). Even Plague doesn't get much benefit.

Thana is similar. Sure, at max stacks you add 12 seconds to a gen, but on average you will only have 1 or 2 stacks.

These perks do, however, shine on one particular killer: Legion. Because getting people injured is easy as they already have built-in slowdown (mending) you can use them with PGTW or maybe even Ruin for the ultimate gen slowdown.

To a lesser extent they can also be good on Nurse or Spirit, but if you are a good Nurse or good Spirit there are better perks to run.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

It's worth on instadown killers, because you can stack up thana and dying light fast. Myers with stalk speed addons or billy are good options imo.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Maybe on Plague or Legion.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    edited May 2020

4 injured with thana is 16% slowdown

6 hooks with DL is 18% slowdown

Gen repair is 80 seconds which means it takes 107.2 seconds with thana+DL

Healing by default takes 16 seconds which means it takes 21.44 seconds with thana+DL

Someone who uses DL can you tell me if the effect still works when the obsession is dead?

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Once The obsession is dead dying light ends. However if you you get ds or something after the obsession is dead and get a new obsession, it comes back with all its stacks

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

I have never really understood the math for regression. I'm not even sure if it's the same as when gen speed boost

like, I thought it was (at the rate of one person on a gen) : 80/(1+x) where x is the rate boost. So if a brown with 10% would be 80/(1.10) = 72.72 s

would regression be the same?

And if it is, would max thana + max dying be x = -.16 -.33 = -.49 ? 80/(1-.49) = 156.9 s per gen be right?

It just seem crazy, but then again, I've never seen them both at max before ( but then again, why would it even change?).

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Dying light is a terrible perk imo since it only helps you when your snowballing you're better off using something else