The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Mori doesn't bring any positive thing to the game.

Ferr0r
Ferr0r Member Posts: 10

The game's playerbase is decreasing for sure. It lasts a couple minutes to find games these days in high peek hours but on low peak hours it can last like ten minutes.

Finally you find a game.

And then a tunneling killer has a pink mori. And the game is over in three minutes. And again you gotta wait for like 10 minutes before you enter a new match.

Well , at that moment you loose your playerbase. I go play another game which gives more satisfaction in that 20min period.

Whats the purpose of the pink mori? It just ends the match way sooner and its totally boring for everyone except the killer. So one guy out of 5 is happy, the other four quit the game.

Just take it out of the game please.

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Personally they need a nerf, but I don't see them enough for them to annoy me alot.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

What are you talking about? Of course a mori brings something good to the game, it lets me punish people who bring keys. :)

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

-survivors have to put effort into surviving

-killers have a change to slow down the game

-cool animation!

-punishes toxic survivors and streamers

-gives a direct objective to killers

want me to go on?

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Lol youre ridiculous

Whatever For the same story i cant blame the people that DC when they see hiden mori offering

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Revenue for new DLC.

The highlight of every new killer isn't their mediocre perks, but the amazing new Mori.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Moris are one of the few things Killers have to use against well coordinated swf death squads. I agree that they need to be changed, but it should still be useful, like allows the Killer to kill up to two people when all gens are complete, a situation where Survivors love to abuse DS.

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143

I typically bring a Ivory mori if I see 2 flashlights because I know where that is headed. I bring an Ebony Mori, if I see 4 flashlights or 4 toolboxes, I typically only kill the toxic ones. Ebony moris are usually just for (like you said) ending the game quickly.

• Sydraen
    Sydraen Member Posts: 102

From that screenshot I can completely understand why the killer brought a mori, Death Slinger is bad enough as it is and struggles to get pressure on gens due to his ability, 3 strong med-kits would mean that by the time he injures 1 or 2 people, they would be immediately healed up when a healthy survivor gets in a chase (SWF especially, im assuming he knew they were too,) and he wouldn't be able to get hooks, so he killed them instead to ease the pressure of himself. Removing one survivor early, although not fun for the survivor makes the game more managable early for the killer. It may not be the most fun or bloodpoints awarding tactic but it worked for him.

Also, survivors bringing 4 items or keys into a trial is fine but a killer trying to ease the pressure off himself by bringing something against it is always negative huh. I know franklins is a thing but its not avaliable to everyone also unless they own and level Bubba, or snatch it from the shrine whenever it appeared.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

If someone brings 3 medkits, I tend to swap to Plague. Way more fun than bringing a mori and then tunneling people off the hook to feel better about myself.

• Thatbrownmonster

yea

if i realize the killer has a mori I will work extra hard to loop him more, sure I may not win but at least by looping the killer well i can turn a 3 escape with 1 mori instead of everyone moried

I like mori spam? and you got proof on me? even though I never streamed?

• Thatbrownmonster
  • tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,165

I bring a mori if I suspect it's going to be a SWAT Team SWF group. I won't actually use it unless they demonstrate that they are a SWAT Team SWF group though.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 407

neither does keys as i could work hard in a match got a survivor in a tough spot on the last 3 gens then boom 3 escape cause a key was in play both mori and keys are broken and both need reworking as they just cut the game short which isnt fun and lets face have you ever de pip for using the key to escape as you can depip if you use a mori.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

If you think keys are balanced too then its fine but if not then your bias

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Tunneling when theres a key is just stupid since even if the original owner is dead, the key is 50% of case taken by another survivor, plus you make it easier for the hatch to spawn

When i see keys i play normal and mostly use Franklins

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

First of all, steamcharts suggest the game's player base is actually increasing and has been continuously for a good while and whatever losses it may have, it's easily eclipsed by the amount of new players joining. Secondly, I'd be fine with Mori's being removed so long as SWF is removed as well.

• CrazySkorp
    CrazySkorp Member Posts: 5

OFC it brings, if youre a good killer that is. I use mori to get a better control of sertain survs with clutchperks/being toxic or on comms. you will use mori after couple of hooks though. if you use them instantly after the first hook you wont get points or pips and the game will be boring.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

Quite honestly I'd love to see a rework of all offerings. The only real offerings in the game are for bloodpoints. Nothing else really changes the game that doesn't annoy the other team and make the game unfun such as Fog or Mori's.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Mori's are fun to preform, watch, and t-bag your teammate during. They shouldn't be removed, but maybe reworked in a way that let feels more fair. Maybe it can be used as a replacement for that survivor's deathhook.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

This dude is a troll I think..hes on like every post just insulting and degrading people

• futurenoob010
    futurenoob010 Member Posts: 14

It actually make the killers what they are: killers. Without it, they would be only wounders.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Mori animations are a selling point for some killers. Having the game be more dangerous for survivors can also be fun occasionally.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Killers that bring moris are just bad at the game. Especially now that killer is on baby mode.

Sincerely,

A survivor that doesn't bring keys unless a challenge forces me to.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I think there should still be moris, but perhaps only allow it on death hook and maybe make it base kit. That way it can just be used like a cool little style points kind of thing.

I've seen this suggested, and I also have seen somebody put out an idea that they could do something similar to, I think it was For Honor, where they have special finishers, and you can get different ones. Maybe have extra mori animations available, so we could perhaps have something like Wraith having more than just pulling somebody by the leg and hitting them a few times in the back. That would be something that I don't think would be too game breaking and is the way moris probably should be anyway. It would be another way to support the developers, and maybe they could implement a couple here and there into the rift pass (preferably free track) instead of filling up so many slots with charms.

I don't know, I just like the fact that there's special kills or whatever in the game. It makes things just a little more flashy. I don't like them being used to just mori off first hook obviously but removing them entirely from the game would be kind of sad.

• Sylhiri
    Sylhiri Member Posts: 178

*survivors see potential Mori*

Survivors: "I guess we better gen rush to actually have a chance at surviving"

Killers: "I only Mori'd you because you guys were gen rushing"

*visible confusion*

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Keys are even worse

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I mean, this post title completely ignores the fact that it makes the Killer's fragile ego feel better. That's a positive, right?