The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Camping and tunneling fix idea

I, like many others hate to be on the receviing end of camping and tunneling, and although there's perks like Borrowed Time and Decisive Strike, it still doesn't stop it.

I think one of the main factors for such gameplay is people wanting the kills for blood points. I know there's something in place that affects emblems, but I don't think it's enough.

How about a blood point penalty if someone camps, or gets a hit on a survivor within x amount of time of unhooking? I feel this could deter people from this very unfun gameplay.

Comments

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    edited May 2020

Wouldn't this just encourage people to taunt the killer after being unhooked to bait them into penalizing themselves? Survivors already do this with decisive strike, and borrowed time. Like, after being unhooked, the survivor should try to run to safety, but that's an idealistic view of what the survivor should do. Where in reality, survivors often like to taunt the killer while they have borrowed time and DS active because it not only protects them from being tunneled, but allows them to make the killer waste their time.

If I were to take on the perspective of one of those kinds of survivors, and pretend that your idea was implemented into the game. I would have multiple people dress the same, with the same character, then taunt the killer into hitting the wrong person. Voila, punish the killer. After playing both killer and survivor to rank 1, I can tell you that experiencing these kinds of things as killer are just as infuriating as being camped or tunneled as survivor.

At least in red ranks, most of the second chance perks aren't used to save survivors, they're used to embarrass the killer. Because as it is, the game favors survivors, even with the removal of infinite loops. You guys are still the stronger role. Granted, being tunneled does suck, I don't like to experience it either when I play survivor, but I believe it's completely fair, as well as camping.