The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Weekly Reminder #1: Pills are not proper hitboxes.

13»

Comments

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Damn man, it's been like a full week now and you're still arguing that when you said, "Hitscan for Deathslinger bullets" you weren't wrong. 😂

You could have avoided all this days ago if you just said you misspoke, or made a mistake or something. But noooooo.

• BabyClaudette
    BabyClaudette Member Posts: 109

You say I can't drop it, yet you keep replying to me. I've already asked you before to stop replying, but you keep going.

• wojtech
    wojtech Member Posts: 192
    edited June 2020

Edit

Post edited by wojtech on
  • BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I wish this game had a hitbox character model, the same one for everyone.

So hatchets can go through legs, can whiff by shoulders and not connect and feel much smoother and better when they connect.

Or MOVE THE PILL HITBOX A BIT FORWARD so hits on the back won't look so stupid!

Since we get hit through the back most of the time, moving the Hitbox forward will look better since Latency will drag the box backwards.

GOD!

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    edited May 2020

you need to think a bit more before suggesting terrible ideas like this. Imagine everyone's hit box was exactly the size of their character model -

• then feng min would be much harder to hit than anyone else (as she's the smallest character in the game), while david king will walk around with a hitbox the size of a whale, forcing every single player to play feng min. To fix this you would have to make every character in the game look identical, which removes a massive amount of variety and player choice... or add a slashable zone around the character which is the same for everyone - does the second option sound familiar?
    • Also, making the hit box follow survivors bodies exactly will also break a bunch of other things - here's an example (there are more, but i believe one is enough) - when looping around an object the only reason the killer doesn't instantly catch up to the survivor is that they have a bigger hit box (pill) which forces them to travel a longer distance to run around that loop. Removing the pill shaped hitboxes will therefore either 1. remove looping from the game entirely in favour of killers if both the survivor and killer pill are removed or 2. make looping massively overpowered to the point where a killer can't catch up to a survivor if the survivor pill is removed, but the killer's pill stays

TL;DR - think before you speak.. things are done in a certain way for reasons that are not always obvious