The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Camping has really become an epidemic.

akbays35
akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

Legit all my matches were killer just camping for safety 2ks or disconnecting if they cant get a hook before 4 gens like why. Also all survivors just doing gens, they aren't even trying for altruism anymore just gens then gates. It really makes the game uninteresting and unfun to play.

Comments

• JaPonii
    JaPonii Member Posts: 91

As a Pig main, I camp and will continue to camp. We Pigs must band together and make sure to guard everything, it is a Pig's duty!

• Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186

@Akbays that depends on your definition of camping. Also when the gates are open and there is no generator to guard, most killer will camp the survivor they have on the hook, because why not. When gates are open, chasing people (without NOED) just means pushing people out of the game. Anyways, if this is the end of the game, the player on the hook had plenty of time to play ... and at the end of the day, some survivors won't survive

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    edited August 2018
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    You answered your own question.
    Killers camp because they struggle to slow down the gen rush.
    Lol when the tactic to use as survivor againts a camping killer is to gen rush XD
    Yeah it's ironic.
    Problem is there are a lot of new killers on PS4. And survivors gen rush on all ranks to get the event gens done as quickly as possible.
    The new killers are not experienced enough to deal with this and grasp to that one kill.
    They think that they lost 3 gens while downing 1 survivor and if they leave the hook, they would lose everything they achieved.
    Yea, I see what you're saying. When I'm playing survivor, I don't really care if I escape or die. I want bloodpoints. I do totems if I see them but I feel like I have to gen rush at the beginning. If I don't then it seems that I get found first, tunneled, downed and camped and no one comes for me and I die OR everyone turns their brains off,  rushes the hook and it's game over with like 1 gen done. Either way, not really any points for me cuz I was found first and only did like 1 hex, 1 partial gen and some chase. 

Or he camps someone else and the other survivors turn their brains off and hook rush and the above scenario plays out minus me who's stuck trying to get atleast the first 2 gens done for hatch. 

I feel like the first 2 gens popping is nothing really because it's just survivors trying to assure a chance at the hatch. Even if 3 pop I wouldn't sweat, that's when survivors are gonna try to cleanse and open chests....heal or unhook if needed. ( or at least how survivors should kinda be I guess lol)
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Feel free to advocate for survivor nerfs so that killers don't have a reason to camp.

Also, Borrowed Time is your friend.

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    I have said this many times and I'll say it many more. Survivors reward camping. By trying to be altruistic against a camper and not just doing gens, the camper will very likely get more than one kill. It's entirely the survivors fault for not just getting gens done and punishing campers. Killers do it for a variety of reasons, it's the only way they'll get a kill aka they don't have the confidence that they will down another survivor, or they're having a bad day, or they just want to ruin a survivors day. Whatever the reason survivors are the reason it succeeds. The higher you rank up, the less people camp IME. 

TL;DR git gud and rank up. Don't get caught.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Use Kindred and hope for smart teammates. Also, don't get mad when they fail to save you - they're not necessarily stupid, may be new or just mediocre players (many of us are!)
    Finally, what's your definition of camping? Many players got it wrong: if the killer won't leave because he suspects other survs nearby, that isn't camping, just punishing overaltruism. Not saying YOU don't get it, but lots of survivors don't. I'm saying this because to my experience, camping is by no means an epidemic. It rarely happens, unless one's definition of it is "killer not immediately leaving the hook's 60 m area". Many of such complaints are rooted in survivors' anger over being hooked. Just don't get caught.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    akbays35 said:

Legit all my matches were killer just camping for safety 2ks or disconnecting if they cant get a hook before 4 gens like why. Also all survivors just doing gens, they aren't even trying for altruism anymore just gens then gates. It really makes the game uninteresting and unfun to play.

You already answered your own question
  • thomasnut
    thomasnut Member Posts: 113

I misunderstood this op. I thought he was reffering to survivors camping pallets, gens and exit gate doors.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

I enjoy camping survivors who tbag me. It's one of lifes guilty pleasures.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    "JusT dO GEnS fOR TwO miNUtEs!" 

Survivor DCs or kills himself after 15 seconds because there's literally no benefit to wasting 2 minutes of his life and there is no tangible penalty for DCing/quitting.
  • airman421
    airman421 Member Posts: 6
    Utna said:

@Akbays that depends on your definition of camping. Also when the gates are open and there is no generator to guard, most killer will camp the survivor they have on the hook, because why not. When gates are open, chasing people (without NOED) just means pushing people out of the game. Anyways, if this is the end of the game, the player on the hook had plenty of time to play ... and at the end of the day, some survivors won't survive

100% if you get the gates open and I've got you hooked I'm not gonna run to both gates chasing rabits I'm gonna wait for the next survivor to come save you. It's not camping it's end game strategy I want bloodpoints too and 9/10 the hooked survivor gets off if I down another survivor trying to save them. That isn't camping I'm sick of my inbox getting filled with "get good camper" I'm using logic to obtain more bloodpoints because im not going to get all four of you by waiting by a hooked survivor. During the match no I will not sit on top of you unless I know your teammate is hiding right outside my line of sight, and in most cases I will walk outside the terror radius and circle back if I know someone is unhooking you. It's the job as the killer to catch and hook survivors. 
  • akbays35
    edited August 2018

@Tsulan said:

no all the gens got done cause they literally facecamp 2 people for safety pips, no chasing never leaving the hook, just hit, hook, face for the entirety of the match. My issue isn't entirely with killers facecamping but also with survivors gencamping. Like this behavior is so ingrained to never even check if a team mate is savable. I have an issue with this as a casual player who just wants to enjoy a few games then go do something else, but if those few games are consistently unfun, then there's no reason for me to play except when new content comes out.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    akbays35 said:

@Tsulan said:

no all the gens got done cause they literally facecamp 2 people for safety pips, no chasing never leaving the hook, just hit, hook, face for the entirety of the match. My issue isn't entirely with killers facecamping but also with survivors gencamping. Like this behavior is so ingrained to never even check if a team mate is savable. I have an issue with this as a casual player who just wants to enjoy a few games then go do something else, but if those few games are consistently unfun, then there's no reason for me to play except when new content comes out.

Then you gonna love the new patch. No uncertainty anymore. You'll know exactly where everyone is.

This will increase gen rushing tho. Which will increase camping. Because killers will try to get at least 1 kill.
  • MuseMagician
    MuseMagician Member Posts: 26

@RotBb said:
    Here’s a little tip for you:

~Git Good~

Facts!

• AzazelAxios
    AzazelAxios Member Posts: 51
    In other words....Nerf fusion rifles?
  • Don't get caught and it won't be an issue for you. But really, by choosing to camp the killer is also choosing to let 3 survivors pop a gen each before that hooked player dies so it isn't really a bad thing. Sure your game might get ruined but chances are theirs will too. If it doesn't get ruined, then well done. What I am trying to say is: The strat has positives and negatives but so do most. However it is still a valid strategy and if that is how they want to play the game, they can.

• akbays35

@Legacy_Zealot said:
    Don't get caught and it won't be an issue for you. But really, by choosing to camp the killer is also choosing to let 3 survivors pop a gen each before that hooked player dies so it isn't really a bad thing. Sure your game might get ruined but chances are theirs will too. If it doesn't get ruined, then well done. What I am trying to say is: The strat has positives and negatives but so do most. However it is still a valid strategy and if that is how they want to play the game, they can.

it's hard not to get caught eventually, between exhaustion, pallet loss, and bloodlust, good prediction on mind games, eventually the killer will get to you (longest chase I've had was 6 minutes against a freddy). I really don't want anyone's game being ruined per se, I will legit let a wraith and trapper get a free hook on me, but I regret it if they facecamp when I didn't do anything toxic to deserve it (butt dancing, flashlights, ds, hell I don't even carry self care to make the game more fair). I do empathize with the killer but I think if the pip basis was more on hooking, hunting, and hitting, and less on sacrificing then they can make gens or nerf something else survivor side to make the game take longer or be more fair.

Now I'm just running into nurses with NOED like every game now, which is a tilting experience on it's own.

My main issue comes from survivor and killer dynamic, survivors crouch all game and hide then do gens and killers are incredibly thirsty for that 2k and that seems to generate an unfun experience for both sides. I like the chase, I like trying to mess with killers and save my team mates, but if none of that happens where's the actual game at?