could we get more lore?

Options
xxaggieboyxx
xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

yeah i know we get a small backstory to all the characters and the perks give some. but could we get more lore? something? maybe? because i was reading in some of the lore stuff and i saw theories that were just so cool but they are just theories. i understand new content and patching should be a priority but i feel it would liven up the game for some people that have played it forever. i have no ideas on how it would be implemented. other than a section called lore but that seems kinda cheap.

i wanna know more about the entity how it works what it even is or maybe more about how it takes people away or how some killers didnt want to kill so it had to make them.

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options
    There are some pieces of undiscovered lore, didn't the devs say that once? We just got to look.
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Options
    CheersTC said:
    There are some pieces of undiscovered lore, didn't the devs say that once? We just got to look.
    Where did they say that? Could I get link or something? 

And if if it's true what do you think it is or where it is?
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

the entity killed off all survivors who found out "too much" like benedict baker or vigo. we dont see them so i assume the entity did something with them maybe they have a vacation spot under the basement or something. we never know anything until they release info but maybe when they release a bunch of info then the survivors we know exist but dont see will come out to play.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    the entity killed off all survivors who found out "too much" like benedict baker or vigo. we dont see them so i assume the entity did something with them maybe they have a vacation spot under the basement or something. we never know anything until they release info but maybe when they release a bunch of info then the survivors we know exist but dont see will come out to play.

Benedict and the others are stuck in another realm inside the Entity's Realm. The survivors we know won't be able to get to them.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Salty_Pearl said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Benedict and the others are stuck in another realm inside the Entity's Realm. The survivors we know won't be able to get to them.

for now :) and by killed i didnt mean literally killed

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

I wanna know what that light in the basement is, and why it's there. If the entity doesn't like light then why would it have it's strongest position in the map be a place where tons of lights is surrounding it? What if the entity needs light, or comes from light? I wonder if the survivors are being tricked to help the entity somehow. Maybe they are opening these actual gates for the entity to get into the real world? Are they trapped in a literal limbo? Maybe they all killed someone and don't remember, so they are going through the hell of reliving survival for their life, knowing eventually they will die. and it's forever. Maybe Meg killed her mom? maybe dwight snapped and killed his negligent coworkers?

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

@xmenfanatic The basement is likely directly adjacent to the Entity in the spirit world. It is my strong belief that the basement is not an actual part of the realm but rather a doorway to the Entity's realm as it is always moving around.

@xxaggieboyxx As for lore forget Benedict Baker, he's a simpleton compared to Vigo. Vigo is mentioned throughout the game as a whole and is highly speculated to be the creator of the hatch. Vigo is also the original owner of the first "Engineer's toolbox". On the store page to purchase Auric Cells, there is another Vigo quote where they comment on the purpose of Auric Cells, something that Vigo can definitely be connected with as:

• They most definitely created the hatch.
    • Their 1st offering lets you decide where to spawn in the trial/generate your Auric Cells into the husk of a survivor.
    • Their other offering affects luck and makes you question if Vigo made the lips with cells, took them from survivors, or took them from killers?
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Peasant said:
    @xmenfanatic The basement is likely directly adjacent to the Entity in the spirit world. It is my strong belief that the basement is not an actual part of the realm but rather a doorway to the Entity's realm as it is always moving around.

@xxaggieboyxx As for lore forget Benedict Baker, he's a simpleton compared to Vigo. Vigo is mentioned throughout the game as a whole and is highly speculated to be the creator of the hatch. Vigo is also the original owner of the first "Engineer's toolbox". On the store page to purchase Auric Cells, there is another Vigo quote where they comment on the purpose of Auric Cells, something that Vigo can definitely be connected with as:

• They most definitely created the hatch.
    • Their 1st offering lets you decide where to spawn in the trial/generate your Auric Cells into the husk of a survivor.
    • Their other offering affects luck and makes you question if Vigo made the lips with cells, took them from survivors, or took them from killers?

The Entity is everything. She's the ground you step on, the trees and rocks you hide behind, the hooks you get skewered on, the air you breathe, the rain, the snow, the walls, the basement, everything.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

Orion said:
    The Entity is everything. She's the ground you step on, the trees and rocks you hide behind, the hooks you get skewered on, the air you breathe, the rain, the snow, the walls, the basement, everything.

"She"?, "SHE"?!, did you just ASSUME her GENDER?!

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Peasant said:
    "She"?, "SHE"?!, did you just ASSUME her GENDER?!

Yes. Blessed be She.