What's Wrong With Matchmaking?

Options
LaMeR
LaMeR Member Posts: 47
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

Hi guys,i'm a new player of Dead By Daylight.I purchased the basic game in steam with a killer DLC around 12 days ago.I have around 70 hours of total playing time.I'm rank 14 with the survivor and rank 12 with the killer.

Everytime i must play versus Red ranks (Lv.1-3) or purple ranks (Lv.4-8?) with 1000 or 2000 hours of playing time.It seems a bit unfair, considering i'm a rookie player and i'm forced to play againist pro players.

In my opinion it is totally unbalanced because i never match people with my same rank and with my same playing time.Sometimes i visit my opponents steam profiles and some of them has even 2500 hours of playing time.

I played many online games with the "Ranked" feature but there is a balance.This game has a decent player ratio in this game ,sometimes even 55k people online,but i don't understand why i keep matchmaking top players and red ranks?

Comments

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Yeah same here. I'm rank 14 and played alongside a 1&3 in the same game against a 12 spirit who was pretty bad. 2 games in a row against Spirit and only 1 player got sacrificed.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

There really should probably be a singular major thread for all of these. Not that I don't feel your pain, but it's endlessly posted.

• LaMeR
    LaMeR Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2020
    Options

If there are endless topic about this issue and no one cares to fix it,well we have a problem 😁 More people protest about it and more chances there are the developers will care about this annoying issue!

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

It's just a really complicated problem to solve.

"Skill" is something really hard to quantify in DBD. Escapes and Kills doesn't make a survivor/killer good. Is a player good if they just stack bloated addons/perks/items? or more commonly, Is a player good when they get a more favorable map set up?

It's just kind of hard to figure anything out because RNG is really heavy in this game.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

BHVR is secretly testing it’s new matchmaking (MMR) system that will replace the current ranked-based one.

Obviously they don’t want you to know they’re testing it because of the current outrage you’re seeing with the disparity in ranks and they also want to “perfect it” before it officially goes live.

Before anyone says anything about it not being in the patch notes... well the devs implement a lot of things without telling us. Even little things like map textures/lightning go unnoticed if you’re not paying attention.