Xenomorph Killer (no survivor yet)

Options
SofaKingSpecial
SofaKingSpecial Member Posts: 43

Since speculation is reaching epic proportions in regards to what Chapter 16 could be, I thought I'd put in my (and my sons...it was a true collaboration) two cents as to how the Xenomorph (one chap 16 possibility) could work in the game. We've noticed a lot of ideas revolving around laying eggs as a secondary power. Really though we see that as the Queen's job and she's pretty stationary when she's doing that, so we came up with an alternative that plays more to the idea of starting weak and relatively powerless and then becoming god mode late(r) game. Anyway, as always, ideas and criticisms are both welcome. We know its not perfect, but let's talk about that! Without further ado...

Alien Chapter DLC

The Organism (The Xenomorph)

Razor Claws -  Huge razor sharp claws, perfectly engineered for killing.

After a successful hit, the Xenomorph hisses and screeches

Speed: 120% (explained below)

Size: Tall and imposing.

Lunge: Average

Terror Radius: 32 meters

Power: Perfect Predator

The Xenomorph is perfectly designed to kill humans from the beginning of its life, to the end of yours.

• Perfect Predator is the Xenomorph’s main power, allowing it to evolve from the beginning of its life cycle, to the fully grown Xenomorph.
  • 5 eggs spawn in the basement.
  • At the start of the match, one of these eggs opens and releases a facehugger which the Xenomorph player controls.
  • In facehugger form, the killer can scale vertical surfaces, is undetectable and significantly smaller. Instead of attacking, pressing LMB will cause the Facehugger to leap forward, temporarily stunning it should it miss. The Facehugger sees in third person at a waist-high survivor level. An aim-able target reticule will appear on the ground when the Facehugger is on a vertical service.
  • Upon a successful leap, the Facehugger will wrap around the victim and impregnate them. After this, the Facehugger dies; summoning a new one from one of the other eggs in the basement. The impregnated survivor must cure themselves before 2 minutes have passed.
  • Around the map are 5 surgical pods. Survivors who are impregnated can enter these pods and cure themselves over 10 seconds. Upon completion, the survivor is cured and the pod is broken permanently. A counter of all usable surgical pods is shown to all survivors.
  • Every time a survivor uses a surgical pod, the impregnation timer is decreased by 10%. Every time a generator is completed, the impregnation timer is decreased by a further 10%.
  • If a survivor does not make it to a surgical pod in time, that survivor will fall over and convulse, before an adolescent Xenomorph bursts from their chest, killing the survivor. The Xenomorph quickly grows into adult form, and the killer is given control of that Xenomorph.
  • If there are no pods left, impregnation instantly kills the survivor.
  • The Xenomorph moves at 120% speed, but can't see scratch marks. The Xenomorph is capable of climbing surfaces, allowing him to scale walls and ceilings at 105% speed. While climbing, the Xenomorph is undetectable and sees in third person.
  • Holding the RMB while climbing charges the Xenomorph’s pounce, highlighting an area on the ground that the Xenomorph is looking at. Upon releasing the RMB, the Xenomorph will quickly and viciously leap towards the targeted area, injuring any survivors it hits.
  • If all eggs in the basement are used, another will spawn when a generator is complete or when 80 seconds have passed.

MORI

The survivor, in a panic, hurriedly gets up and attempts to run away. Camera cuts in front of the survivor running, before the tail of the Xenomorph bursts through the chest of the survivor as they cry out. The Xenomorph raises its tail and turns the survivor to face it, plunging its inner mouth into their head, before tossing the dead survivor aside.

Perks

Frenzied Dash

Your feverish hunt is inevitable. While moving in one direction, gain a stack of bloodlust every 10/8/6 seconds. These stacks are immediately lost upon turning the camera more than 10 degrees from center, unless the killer enters a chase.

HEX: Acid Blood

Being repeatedly stunned by pallets causes cracks in your chitinous armor, allowing your acidic blood to seep out. After being stunned 4/3/2 times by a pallet, this hex activates. While this hex is active, pallets that stun the killer will instantly break, and the stun time is reduced by 50%.

Prowl

It is in your nature to be undetectable. Every 10 seconds that the killer is not in a chase, the terror radius is reduced by 8 meters. After 40 seconds have passed without a chase, all survivors are given the Oblivious status for 20/25/30 seconds and this perk is reset.

Comments

• Green318
    Green318 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Perfectly formatted, interesting, but kinda sounds like The Pig with the impregnation part, and the surgical pods seem a bit like the jigsaw boxes. Otherwise, really good

• SofaKingSpecial
    Options

Well I can't tell a lie. Pig is one of our mains and definitely inspired some of this. But, in this case really only one survivor at a time will be affected (unless they're absolute potatoes). The idea here is to impregnate survivors as quickly as possible causing them to use up all available surgical pods (might change that number down to 4). Then one of them gets really unlucky...dies...and boom alien born. Yes it encourages gen rush, but once alien is out he'll start eating faces in no time. High risk high reward killer. Anyway hey thanks for the read and the feedback dude. I do appreciate it.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,638
    Options

I think this concept would work better as a complete new asymmetrical game tbh. And a very cool one, with some variations! (More survivors and someone would need help removing the facehugger for example)

A killer that changes up the standard match would be cool though.

• SofaKingSpecial
    Options

Hmmm do you think the Xenomorph could sustain a whole game? Possibly. Alien is just begging for an assymetrical game done right. And I guess we can see how the new Predator game does long term. The aliens would need some kind of branched path/update system to keep things varied. But back to DBD...me and my kids are sitting on a ton of killers right now. We see it as fun creative writing projects we can do together. Almost all of our killers change up the norm. Thank you for the feedback!