Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors should be compensated for being tunneled all game, as well as their team.

One of my main gripes about this game is getting tunneled for the whole match or tunneled till I die, it's really annoying. This post is not gonna be an "Is tunneling unfair?" thread, so let's not argue about that.

The issue with getting tunneled till you die or until all 5 gens are completed is you don't get jack for being good at the game, the killer who threw the whole game trying to get you will still get more BP than you, like why?

Plus, tunneling prevents everyone else in the match from getting points in other categories, essentially as a killer you can cap everyone's BP from sacrificing your own, making the match not worth playing and extremely boring.

I seriously think during Chases we need double BP for actions being done in chase, make more scoring events for dodging hits, vaulting, etc. If the survivor getting tunneled gets max chase points, I feel like any points gained in the chase category should instead go into altruism and other categories, that way you don't leave the match with 8k BP after being tunneled for 5 gens.

Comments

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    edited May 2020

How'd a survivor get found, hit and downed if theyre that good? - rhetoric question, no need to answer.

Try losing the killer and do other stuff if yout boldness is maxed that easily. Should be essy for someone capable of running a killer for 5 fens.

I guess killers should get bp for getting stunned or letting survivors escape, huh?

Why'd you call out "tunneling" if this is a generic " gimme bp for failing"-thread?

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569

These survivors think after first hook they should be left alone the rest of the match or your tunneling.

• CantDeadHarder
    CantDeadHarder Member Posts: 188

holy #########, can you reread my post please?

Stop making this post about the act of tunneling, I legitimately said this post IS NOT ABOUT TUNNELING ITSELF.

Did you just see the word tunneling and started typing away at your keyboard immediately thinking that this was a thread complaining about being tunneled to death and whether or not it's fair?

Stop putting words in my mouth. I legit don't understand why "these killers" think they should earn more points for continuously failing chase. Any thing that is pro-survivor and not even remotely aimed at you killers and you need to keep slipping in passive aggressive insults like this.

If you have nothing to progress this discussion then don't say anything.

• CantDeadHarder

Gimme bp for failing thread? Ok so let's completely ignore the killer who is continuously failing chase?

And since you wanna bring up bp for the killer messing up, when did i say i should get Bp for being hit or being hooked? Exactly I never did, stop using situations that dont compare to the one I'm talking about.

also breaking LOS is easier said then done, all you need is ears and you can find them again. Doesn't matter if you have Iron Will either, any killer with a brain can deduce the survivor is still nearby if they come to a dead end of scratch marks.

I guess survivors who get chased all game and dont get to do anything else should get 0 BP while the killer gets 64k BP for constantly failing chase, wasting their own time, and throwing the game. But it's never the killer's fault right? Blame the survivor for not getting a safe opportunity to hide every second of the chase.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

To be fair, killers should get BP for people failing kobe attempts and self sacrifices. Survivors giving up cost the killer also a lot of BP.

And beside that, the game has bigger issues than "I got too less BP this match"

• CantDeadHarder

Why is it always my fault though?

I don't teabag

I don't flashlight click

I don't abuse glitches

but somehow I deserved to get tunneled for centuries, and then get a mediocre amount of BP out of it? Either what your saying makes no sense or I'm just not understanding you.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569

Ill post what i want when i want. I dont know who you think you are but the only thing your running is your mouth.

• CantDeadHarder

Yeah you're obviously a troll just looking for trouble, you had nothing to add and instead wanted to run your mouth, after you misinterpreted my post.

There are threads where you can flame people but this isn't the one, you are the one derailing the topic, you are the one who started the insults.

Stop being a man-child when a discussion is at hand, and leave your trivial bs out of it thanks.

• CantDeadHarder
    edited May 2020

WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO WHEN BEING CHASED FOREVER? Like am I suppose to just teleport to a generator?

You're a killer main so obviously you wouldn't know because you can still get points in other areas even if you suck at catching the survivor you're chasing. I really dont understand how you are so against getting BP for buying your team the game, If I ran you for 5 gens, I deserve more BP than 8k.

I love how you say "your kind" as if this is some racial war, goes to show you constantly look down on people, great display of your character as a person.

The only people who should be getting mad at this post are people who tunnel for 5 gens and think they deserve to control someone else's BP for their own sh*tty playstyle, so it's obvious why I struck a nerve with you.

I'm done arguing with you, I didn't go on the forums to talk about a system that doesn't fairly reward players for playing good and then argue with someone who just flames people with nothing of substance, you watch way too many of Tru3's "Toxic SWF" series and believe that anytime a survivor has something to say about killers,you think it's immediately whining. The emblem system is clearly a problem for both survivors and killers and you want it to remain the same so you can keep f*cking over other people's BP because of YOUR CONSISTENT MISTAKES.

For christ's sake there is a whole thread on here from a guy who thinks hatch needs to be removed because he feels entitled to 4k everytime, not a single reply to that post said he was whining, but when I make a post about a genuine issue it's whining.

this argument with you is going absolutely nowhere, I want to discuss this with open-minded people, not douchebags.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Survivors just need more ways to earn bps in general.

Like for example, +1k Obj points for being chased while a gen pops. +1.5k Altruism for being chased while a fellow survivor rescues a hooked survivor. +2.5k Survival for being hooked twice in a row.

Stuff like this would be nice because Survivors can't max out all their categorys at the same time unlike Killers.

Also, ignore that elvangulley guy. I'm pretty sure hes just trolling you at this point.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Category Caps need to be removed with keeping the overall Cap. Someone who would get tunneled all game would then have more BPs than now, because once they are capped, there is nothing to gain at this point. Killers on the other hand are filling Categories all at once, so they surely will get more BPs when they are tunneling one person.

With the removal of Category Caps players would get something even if they are doing the same action the whole match. And if a Survivor gets tunneled the whole game and ends up with 20k Boldness Points it feels way more rewarding than 8k Points.

• CantDeadHarder

Agreed, maybe only then will the emblem system will actually reward survivors who take the killer on a run. I like this idea 👍

• CantDeadHarder

Totally! I think someone on the forums was talking about adding more scoring events, like making the killer whiff, or vaulting a window and the killer narrowly misses, etc.

And I know he's just being a troll, came to realize that yesterday, done aruging with people like that, thanks for your feedback, I like your idea 👍

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,684

Please be respectful and civil, no need to insult one another over a different opinion.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

How would the killer get more? If the killer tunnels one person the whole game, then that should mean that they haven't landed any hits, or maybe just one. Meaning they're only getting brutality points from breaking pallets If they have, they would eventually hook the survivor, and the survivor can be hooked only three times. Once the survivor is dead, they wouldn't be tunneling them anymore.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Well, the Killer gains Hunting (probably Max), some Brutality (300 per Hit, so at least 1200 + broken Pallets), Sacrifice and most likely Deviousness. This will be more than those 8000 Boldness the Survivor gets (+maybe some Stuff like Distraction or similar things).