Hardest rift challenge so far

Options
madradfox
madradfox Member Posts: 190

Some of the rift challenges, especially the ones from the first tome, were completely off the hook. Now, all of these challenges are obviously doable for SWF etc. but for solo players , they are incredibly hard.

As a survivor main, I have witnessed Six Feet Under on more than one occasion, when going up against either a trapper or letherface. I have gotten 4 stuns as well so Fight Back also seems doable. This being said, as a solo player my vote obviously goes to: Dark Senses.

I neither have ever pulled off or seen any survivor finish repairing 4 gens. I don't think it is actually doable with the current setup with the toolboxes. It seems only doable if the killer happens to be afk and everyone meets up, or after one player disconnects early, or if it turns into a farming trial with 4 gens. As if the challenge itself was not hard enough, it also requires you to equip Dark Sense, which frankly is not particularly useful for the challenge itself.

Hardest rift challenge so far 43 votes

Dark Senses - Finish repairing 4 gens using the perk Dark Sense (same trial)
27%
TeknoSnake123ElikxTudorDetailedDetrimentanonymous31337madradfoxzireael_SlamitieMartesa55noWHALE18Emperor16Fobbo 12 votes
Six Feet Under - Sacrifice 4 survivors in the basement (same trial)
51%
rhaSnakeSound222WhaleBlubberCheersFog_Kingmusstang62Mattie_MayhemOGSebaOutbreak[Deleted User]Warcrafter4JoelwinoAwkward_FiendCosmicKitten27OwlzeyIceryVeckmaniLucafelipao_braboNoob27Pheonwings 22 votes
Fight Back - Drop a pallet to stun the killer 4 times (same trial)
20%
FoggyDownpourSupernautliv071981WoodywoolRaveantimidlukeAzgarthusPlayer35Blazeknight0923 9 votes

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

I'm gonna vote for none of them because they all were relatively easy to get. Even Dark Senses can be done in one try if you focus entirely on generators.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Simply put: If ANYONE DC's you auto fail this challenge.

Along with the fact on several maps both agitation and iron grasp combined won't be enough to drag survivors from the side of the map opposite of the basement to get the basement sacrifices.

Also people do in fact DC just to screw people over and i have seen people brag about doing so just to spite the killer in the end game lobby.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

There are people like that, but they aren't common. At least in my Region.

Just remember, they feel happy and glad to have ruined someone elses fun. So just remember what kind of miserable person they must be to be happy to act like that.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited May 2020
    Options

I forgot to mention it was one of the survivors when they did it to the killer as I have had teammate repeatedly DC just to screw killers over on it even when I wasn't doing it.

Edit:I really do not like when people treat the killer badly it simply ruins the fun of the game.

Post edited by Warcrafter4 on
  • madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    Options
    Dark Senses - Finish repairing 4 gens using the perk Dark Sense (same trial)

What other options are there?

Honestly, the 2 hatches wtih 2 keys took me a while but it was doable in the end, once I simply selected it and stopped focusing so much on it. Had to show up with a key for the first hatch, but the second happened randomly when I found a purple key and a killer - running with mori on top of it, who was very intent on getting 4k - that ran and closed the hatch first thing after the 3rd kill.

As far as Six Feet Under, one important aspect to realize about it is that it does not require you to equip something idiotic or use a specific killer i.e. you do not lose a perk slot or get locked into a killer power not tailored to the task. In addition, you can pick that particular challenge and if it happens, it happens so to speak, but with Dark Senses you are locked into having that specific Dark Sense perk equipped.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Options

Most basements don't work for this challenge, meanwhile most maps the other ones are all possible. Dark Senses can be easily done with a SWF, and Fight Back isn't as luck dependent.

Insidious Camping doesn't work that well either, as it's extremely likely that people will catch on and not give you those extra kills, Hag doesn't work well either as many people will not risk going down into basement against her.

• Noob27
    Noob27 Member Posts: 14
    Options

Six feet under gives killers reason to camp and tunnel

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    edited May 2020
    Options

none. 

DS - Just remember to always repair with someone else, chances are another person is getting chased and hooked so another person has to rescue them. i did this with the last Rift too did it on my third try.

SFU - I had hag and with stbfl. its pretty easy to snowball when survivors get too cocky and think borrowed time doesn't actually benefit me. trapper is also great for this when you get the loveshack basement, bring one survivor down trap all but one entrance, one goes in no one comes out.

FB - you get this from normal gameplay, but you'll probably need to do it on multiple games as there are only so many pallets you cabn use and time perfectly. but iron will will help you. 

• timidluke
    timidluke Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Fight Back - Drop a pallet to stun the killer 4 times (same trial)

For me personally, the 4 stuns. A combination of me not baiting the pallet long enough and also the fact the 90% of killers respect pallets.

Got there in the end though

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options

Luck was on my side with this one. Of course I helped myself with some perks and add-ons, but still not an easy task for me. Thought my attempts were mostly ruined by people who disconnected. And I got flashbacks of when I was trying to go for the Myers achievement where you kill them all with Evil Within 3. I'm seriously glad the DC penalty is a thing now, doesn't fully solve the issue but it helps a bit, specially with these things.