The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The new Killer & Survivor

Swiftblade131
Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
edited August 2018 in General Discussions

I believe it will be a Male survivor, and Female Killer.

Reasoning:
Mostly because the most recent survivor was female and the killer was male (Kate & Clown), and before that, the survivor was male and the killer was female (Tapp & Pig)

Not saying they have to follow any patterns by any means, since they had Nea and Nurse in the same release, and then Quentin and Freddy in a later release, plus LF and Bill are stand alone with no killer or survivor to go with them respectively. (though maybe they had 2 males later down the road to balance out having 2 females in a prior DLC, I.E. Last Breath and Elm Street)

Other releases though A Lullaby for the Dark, Of Flesh and Mud, The Halloween® Chapter, and Spark of Madness had female and male survivors & killers respectively, which I think is something they want to try to keep consistent on as often as possible. So it just wouldn't be a surprise if this time around it was a Male survivor and a Female killer. I like to believe that they want to keep it as balanced as possible with similar numbers of male and female survivor/killers. (Though the release of LF and Bill make it a bit more off balance, plus the original 3 killers change the numbers a bit as well, but that is besides the point)

The video:
Sure, the video shows what appears to be some sort of Samurai or Oni killing a female. But that doesn't mean that its the killer. I believe that it is a diversion. And for this observation and the pattern of female and male survivor/killers, I believe that it will be as I said at the top, Male survivor and Female Killer...

A samurai would be kinda cool I won't deny that, but I don't feel like it fits the over all feel to the game, but that might be just me.

But we will have to wait and see. :chuffed:

Comments

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

@Someissues said:

People need to understand this scroll says Rise from the Dead, which the samurai didnt die, the woman did, by suicide later

a mask which she use to hide her face, talking about Edo version here not the modern one

See I don't know much about this sort of stuff, I am just basing my answer off of past actions and observations and then opinions that I have made.

Though this is very interesting. Can't wait to see what happens :+1:

• JEWberry
    JEWberry Member Posts: 78

People need to understand this scroll says Rise from the Dead, which the samurai didnt die, the woman did, by suicide later

a mask which she use to hide her face, talking about Edo version here not the modern one

I knew that scroll was saying something important but i could never find out what it said. Thanks for finding what it meant! Only thing i can do now is wait and hope for the kuchisake-onna as the killer
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

It will be a female killer and a male survivor.

As it should be. A samurai killer is just stupid.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anzi130
    Anzi130 Member Posts: 51
    I feel like most signs point to an Oni-inspirered killer eventhough i’d Much rather have the slit-mouthed woman..

the reason i say so is this.. first off.. the mask that we see. It has 3 eyes. Oni was known to have up to 3 eyes. The woman in the clip seems to be naked, or atleast barefoot. She wouldnt be able to make those Sounds from the teaser trailer.. and finally.. the ‘samurai’ might be a Ninja, i Think. He’s wearing completely Black clothing
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@SweetNightmare said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

And the boring Japanese ghost lady with tragic backstory isn't? Samurai and Onryo are generic and overused in anime and japan horror. I wish they did something else.

I personally don't want a Grudge type of deal going on, but Japanese lore could be fun. Japanese Ghosts are interesting I guess.

I personally want a well done SCREAM Chapter. That would rule. That's the only licensed killer I want really. Well Chucky too but that would take a rework of the hook mechanics to a handcuff chain thing since he's so short.

• AokiiSenpaii
    AokiiSenpaii Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2018

Yea no. I am pretty convinced it is Female and Female. In the Trailer you can hear two women :) The one being killed and screaming and the other one whimpering (The daughter of the killed woman). The Samurai (The Dad) Is most likely teaching her to kill or wants to intimidate her. She instead escapes through a window or glass door (depends what broke). She might be the survivor. And the mother is the killer (Slit-Mouth-Woman) who rose from the dead (According as the scrolls say) to revenge her everlasting pain. (Which means she killed the Samurai in revenge and now seeks her daughter because she didnt intervene.)

• Chiaki16
    Chiaki16 Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2018
    Anzi130 said:
    I feel like most signs point to an Oni-inspirered killer eventhough i’d Much rather have the slit-mouthed woman..

the reason i say so is this.. first off.. the mask that we see. It has 3 eyes. Oni was known to have up to 3 eyes. The woman in the clip seems to be naked, or atleast barefoot. She wouldnt be able to make those Sounds from the teaser trailer.. and finally.. the ‘samurai’ might be a Ninja, i Think. He’s wearing completely Black clothing
    What if the first teaser was the samurai running to confront his cheating wife? A struggle ensues that knocks over a lamp and maybe upsets a child? Seems plausible to me.

Edit: stroke of genius, the lover was already murdered and that is why the samurai is covered in blood.
  • Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186
    edited August 2018

But why calling this video "first cut", there has to be a reason, right ? Is this because this is the first murder scene we get to see in one of this chapter's teaser (meaning there will be more before next tuesday) ? Or is this because we witnessed the first cut which might lead to many more (meaning the woman who gets slashed out, might be reborn as the killer) ?
    Anyways, I bet the survivor will be a descendant of the undead killer. Maybe an elderly male with a background like "my familly was persecuted by this demon for two hundred years". Also that might fit with the monologue where "daughter" might be any female related to the killer downside the familly tree.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@SweetNightmare said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

And the boring Japanese ghost lady with tragic backstory isn't? Samurai and Onryo are generic and overused in anime and japan horror. I wish they did something else.

And the typical american horror stories arent? We literally got all the most known apart from Jason in this game.

• Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186

@Shadoureon said:
    And the typical american horror stories arent? We literally got all the most known apart from Jason in this game.

Still missing the gremlins though.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@Utna said:

@Shadoureon said:

Still missing the gremlins though.

Oh god that would make for a 4v4 match, Gremlins are slower so you need 4 killers to catch a survivor.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Anzi130 said:

Not a ninja, ninjas didn't use a wakasashi, samurai did.
  • IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

New killer is probably Japanese....

If I hear this before I get mori'd I will be happy