If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Would the Entity want long trials or short ones?

Options
ASurvkillivorer
ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,778

This kinda ties into gameplay arguments among people such as disagreements about camping and or tunneling.

It occurred to me while actually reading some of the lore. The wiki says some of the killers needed to be tortured to agree to work for the Entity. Which btw? As well as the Entity feeds off of the survivors feelings of hope.

So wouldn't the Entity technically WANT the survivors to make a good run? Idunno it seems like if that idea was pushed it could help fix some issues. Many of the hardcore tunneler or camping killers always say their job is to kill and thats that. But it doesn't really seem like that's the case?

I haven't looked at it in depth but that seemed to stand out to me.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

It's not known exactly which Killers were tortured, but one look at Evan should tell you at least one of them was. Those hooks and skin mutilations didn't get there by themselves...

The Entity would want long trials. Gotta make the Survivor feel like they've got a chance, even if they don't.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

I think it would be based on the survivors. Like the entity would want the most hope from them so some might feel hope build over time as they survive and feel they’re doing well. Some others might feel the most hopeful in the beginning, before time starts to tick by and they get less tired.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    edited August 2018
    Options

@Orion said:
    It's not known exactly which Killers were tortured, but one look at Evan should tell you at least one of them was. Those hooks and skin mutilations didn't get there by themselves...

The Entity would want long trials. Gotta make the Survivor feel like they've got a chance, even if they don't.

But for some reason the Entity gives the survivors the power to end the game in less than 5 minutes. GG lol

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Options
    @Orion trapper was probably one of the ones tortured. Wraith was probably tortured based on his story he seemed like a decent dude that wouldn't enjoy killing seeing how he killed a person for killing. Clown of course wanted to along with huntress and hillbilly. Nurse is a little controversial. She has the pillow case around her to suffocate her and her blinks hurt to use. Makes me think she didn't want to but the entity forced her. The hag is also controversial she didn't seem like she wanted to kill but being held captive and eating them for doing it might make one want to keep killing and eating people so I would say hag wanted to. Last but not least doctor. I think he didn't want to go off and kill people I think he just wanted to do his research at all costs but working for the entity would just be plain murder. So he said no and got all the crap on his skin all the wires and the eyes are peeled up(probably what he did you his test subjects)

not counting the licensed killers because all of them probably wanted to kill and idk if it really applies to the entity's lore very well 
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@xxaggieboyxx aren't licensed killers just there? Same for survivors. They don't tie into lore exactly but they exist (im not 100% sure but atleast i think its that way)

• xxaggieboyxx
    Options
    @milo idk In Freddy's story thing it talks about how is power was altered by the entity so I really don't know if they are just there or if they are legit in the story or dead by daylight. Something the devs might have to clear up.

• HeyImKirby
    HeyImKirby Member Posts: 9
    Options
    my theory is everyone there is just in a loop in an alternate dimension where you got the killers who were recruited by the entity because of their willingness to kill and survivors which have unique skills but are loners so aren't gonna be missed much. both submited to the entity in their own way.

so as long as at least one person gets sacrificed, the entity is happy. it doesn't matter the time because one time or another everyone gets the hook.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Orion said:

But for some reason the Entity gives the survivors the power to end the game in less than 5 minutes. GG lol

Well the Entity does get amusement from things not going as planned so perhaps it gets enjoyment from the suffering of both sides. Someone gets tunneled and feels hopeless it enjoys it. Watching the killer get upset because the survivor got away, it gets amused.

• GamingZebra88
    GamingZebra88 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    I would say the entity would like a long trial but not a drawn out one. I assume even an omnipotent force would get bored of a hatch stand-off or something along the lines of that. Still, I think the entity would want the killer to toy with the survivors as much as possible, give them false hope to feed off of. The entity might even want the survivors to escape sometimes to get a renewed sense of hope only for it to be taken away when back at the same campfire. Though the idea of losing hope by seeing everyone get sawn in half or eaten alive or choked to death or sacrificed within only a small amount of time also seems like something the entity would like, as in their killer is such a good tool or killing that there is no hope left for the survivors. It really depends on what sort of feelings the entity feeds off of I guess. 
  • xxaggieboyxx
    Options
    @milo I did some more reading and benidict bakers journal has an entry about all the licensed killers 

example he made a statement about the shape on how he felt like he wanted to be killing and wasn't tortured like the others.
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

That's a trick question.
    Entity wants trial filled with hope and despair. The more "clutches" there are, the better it is for entity. It needs strong hope and strong despair.
    While both can be achieved in a long session, it's ok if it's short session filled with tension moments: grabbed when doing gen, from locker, saved by borrowed time, gen rushed, killed by NOED and caught in the hatch to be moried. Session like these can be five minutes but would be more interesting for entity.
    Compare it to long squadette immersion session, where they don't do gens and bleed out on hooks.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@xxaggieboyxx huh. I felt like i read somewhere they don't tie into the lore but now ... this is more confusing than KH lore

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    edited August 2018
    Options

@powerbats said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Orion said:

Well the Entity does get amusement from things not going as planned so perhaps it gets enjoyment from the suffering of both sides. Someone gets tunneled and feels hopeless it enjoys it. Watching the killer get upset because the survivor got away, it gets amused.

Even though I don't agree with the principle of that viewpoint (because it makes killers weak in general), but that is a really good point lol

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

Even though I don't agree with the principle of that viewpoint (because it makes killers weak in general), but that is a really good point lol

Yeah the principle is on shaky lore grounds but is really funny when looked at from amusement side.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Orion said:

Sadly the entity has no power in this game

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Options

I would reckon a good long AND INTERESTING Trial would pleasure the Entity greatly.