My First Ggs

So I get a couple of messages on PS4 every now and again.

They usually fall into 2 categories:

-ranting and raving about the way I played. Ya know, the salt.

-happy messages when I mess around with survivors and have a bit of fun. Heartwarming stuff.

This time was a first tho.

I had a rough match as Legion (trying to level them up as I just got them to Prestige I) where at the end one of them tbagged at the gate with BT. Needless to say I was kinda livid. Then I saw someone was trying to message me (on PS4 it'll say " *insert Gamer name here* has added you to a group" when someone is messaging you.) Unjustly, I presumed it would be the guy who tbagged at the gate. I'd seen it before: survivors do a number on me and can't help but rub it in my face. However, I was shocked to see 3 letters pop up.

"Ggs"

Never in my (admittedly relatively small) time on DBD had I ever gotten a straight up message just saying ggs. Assuming he was trying to bait a reaction out of me, I wanted keep it tame but bring up the tbagger just in case it was him.

"Coulda used less tbagging but other than that yeah ggs"

They then proceeded to apologize for their teammate and ask if I wanted to join them. I don't find survivor very fun so I declined but that made me simmer down real quick. I don't know how a simple "Ggs" has got me so ######### up but it does.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

It is kind of sad that everytime I hear my Xbox Ping noise, I just assume it's the opponent wanting to whine that I did something against the mystery rules or they are messaging me to be a jerk.

Although lately like...half have been good messages where normally it's like a 90/10 split. I'm not sure why but I'll take it. I've been sending more nice messages to people with how crappy Covid is making it for people so maybe others are doing the same?

• HauntedToast
    HauntedToast Member Posts: 20

Sometimes it just takes one rude survivor to draw false conclusions on the rest of the team. Self-fulfilling prophecy and stuff.

Most players just want to have fun. But not each of them will take the time to write you a private message after the match. The guy that teabagged you on the other hand.. you can bet that he'll take the time to write you a whole paragraph. Just keep in mind, that the loudest part of the community usually doesn't represent your average player. There's no point in arguing with someone that wants to get on your nerves. There's nothing to gain.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I guess its an Xbox problem that there is almost never a GG. Nobody bothers there to start a conversation unless it has some salty purpose. On Pc it is much more easy - post game chat.

By the way

Can somebody explain me what ggs means?

GG = Good game, everyone knows that, but what is ggs? Good gameS, plural? Makes no sense saying that after one game.. so what is its meaning? ty

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I would have a clever response but the forums censor profanity so yeah...

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

On xbox people usually don't go out of their way to send gg but they almost always send one back in my experience.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Ah ...yes the first Gg, it is a good feeling congrats.

I always send gg to the killer, because I have played so much killer, I know how rarely we are given props.

I'm always telling my survivor friends, send those ggs, it makes a world of difference to a killer some times, and may allow them to chill a bit next game.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2020

A killer I played against a few months ago Tried to send me a friend request to my ps4 Profile. But I knew right away not to cause the person did it kind of in a toxic manner to try to get me distracted To kill me.But in the end he lost when I escaped I found the hatch I denied him his 4K 😱😂.

• TheOneTrueTristan
    TheOneTrueTristan Member Posts: 85

If I had to guess, it prolly comes from the fact that it's mostly sent in public chat, where everyone can see it. Therefore it's kinda like multiple ggs sent out to everyone.

I was not expecting to question the concept of ggs today. I kinda just assumed what it meant