Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do people get annoyed when i send a gg?

I just had a killer claim he will report and block me cause i sent him "ggs that was a fun game, you got unlucky as trapper on hawkins."

So im curious do people find it annoying when you send them a gg after they've lost?

Comments

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

From my experience, people do get tilted when they didn't have a "fair" match, so yes.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I dont personally, but ive found it excedingly rare to get a gg when i win as killer

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

I actually send a gg almost everygame even if the killer wins. He probably thought i was making fun of him maybe

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I do too, be the change you want to see and all that. What im getting at though idms he gets way more hate mail, so its easy to take a gg as a slight. You did nothing wrong, keep killing em with kindness

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

If PS4 gamers had the ability to type gg post match, I would be that guy that gg's even if it wasn't good game.

• Respectfulnancymain

I usually send ggs in any game where the enemy team has less then 5 people. in dbd i send ggs to one or 2 survivors.

• CraftingSoup
    CraftingSoup Member Posts: 69

Maybe he thought you were trolling or making fun of him. A lot of people do that.

• profrog
    profrog Member Posts: 20

If either side gets stomped then a simple gg might feel a little patronizing, but if you had good intentions then it's not a big deal

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Typically no people don't get mad (especially on console where we rarely ever get a GG), though if the person you are messaging had a particularly bad match, it could seem like you are using sportsmanship as an insult to be an ass. It's rare, but some people do it. Typically to mock the killer. He probably got the two mixed up/took it the wrong way

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

People get mad at me when they say GG and I point out how it really wasn't. I get called salty for it, but hey, they camped and tunnelled with an ebony mori, or any combination of those sort of things.

Unless it was a balanced, back-and-forth game with good struggle on either side, I don't bother with a GG. That being said, if I give a GG, it is because it was actually a good game, and I'll normally have a nice comment to go with it.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

I try to say GG every game. Unless its a game where i completely dominate as either role. In my experience they think it comes off as a sarcastic jab to say GG so i just move onto the next game.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I sometimes say GG with a ";)" at the end if I was facing an optimal team, especially if I beat them. Some people will just get annoyed if you send a GG because they didn't think they had a "Good Game". So that just feels like rubbing salt on their wound.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191
    edited May 2020

i mean, i send a gg every match regardless results. But usually i only receive a gg back when they won the match.. if they lose, no response and all kinds of salts..

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

If people are feeling salty, basically anything you say - or even if you say nothing - is going to be perceived as negative.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

I send gg to killers when they win as well, did it to a killer who killed me and another person because 2 teammates DCed, cuz arguing gets ya no where since everyone wants to be right even when in the wrong

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

"I won, you lost. Good Game!"

I had a round where the killer absolutely destroyed us. Instead of a "gg", he sent us a "gl next", which felt way better.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I usually say GG just to be polite. If it's a one sided match or someone was playing toxic/hacking I don't say GG cause I felt it wasn't fair. The only time I get annoyed is when people say "gg ez". To me, saying EZ is saying "you suck".

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

For non-SWF survivors, that's easily explained: after they lost (died), they just left and got back into the queue. There's basically no reason to stick around as a survivor, other than waiting for the rest of your SWF.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

I don't mind a GG as long as it hasn't come from a toxic group who are just saying it to annoy me or frustrate me.

I've had rank 1 survivors lose against me and say GG because they must have had fun losing against me.

some / most of the time I just get hate mail from survivors screaming at me.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236

I stopped saying anything post-game. I just leave. Win or lose.

What I see the most frustrating is when a killer says "gg" when they 5-gen tryhard slug and 4K. Same goes for a 4-man swf who flashlights you at every opportunity, genrush, ALL tbag at gates and escape. Both cases are annoying.

Like yeah? gg for you? Not for everyone else.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

I don't get tilted at all because I turned off all the chats ingame. But yeah, sometimes people write "gg" if they win, doesn't matter if the other side had fun or not. It was a gg in their point of view because they won. They might as well write gg ez.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

I only send “GG EZ” to the opponents when I win. Why are they getting mad? I’m clueless, please help.

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319

To me, the winning side should always wait for at least one member of the losing side to state "gg" first then respond. This way you're showing courtesy to the losing side and not gloating how you won.

That's why I always never say "gg" first when I play Killer and get a 3 or 4k, I wait for a "gg" from the Survivors.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited May 2020

Honestly sometimes not saying anything and moving on is the best thing you can do.

Many times either party has experienced a very different perspective and therefore have a very different view of how things went down.

"You camped, so you don't deserve a gg" --- Even though I got stuck at the hook because of how buggy the game is.

"You hopped right into a locker when I went back to hook, so no gg" --- even though they themselves admitted to go back to the hook, and I was simply pre-countering their slug.

"You have toxic perks, no gg from me" --- even though they had an Ebony mori, Iri add ons etc.

Those are just Some examples that I have personally have gotten. I am not going to gg everybody for the sake of being the "bigger person" , this game isn't that deep for me.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

I feel like it depends on the outcome of the match. If you send a gg after you absolutely stomped your opponent(s) then it's going to seem like you're being snarky.

That being said i'd much rather receive a gg than a scathing response about everything i did wrong and how I'm a horrible person because i did a misplay in DBD with slurs and expletives thrown in there at will.

• Respectfulnancymain

I send ggs not gg ez and not only when i win even when the killer wins