Do you fear players with auric cell only cosmetics?

Options

Like you look at them and think "if they are willing to pay for auric cells only cosmetics they sure must be good"

If I see a huntress with auric cells cosmetics for example I know it's gonna be a though game

Comments

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

Nah. Because I'm a newbie by veteran standards, and I own a lot of cosmetics already, lol. A prestige 3 killer might be a bit more scary, but I don't usually notice.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

just because they purchased something with real money doesnt mean they are good players.

when cosmetics freshly released i used to fear those fully stacked with them, as only those who paid real money or put a LOT of time into the game had them. now, not so much. everyone has cosmetics these days.

its just like legacys - just reversed.

back in the day everyone had them and they were nothing special. now, suddenly they are very rare and i usually believe a legacy player is going to be the best in the whole team, if i see one. and then i get sad that i lost mine and then i cry. thats 1:1 how it goes. always. no exceptions.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

No, because as someone who owns a lot of auric cells only items (specifically for Nea), I know that we aren't a real threat.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

No, not really. Cosmetics never determine how well someone plays, DBD is far too random for that. If there was some kind of "higher probability of good/tryhard player" the it would probably go like this.

Basic character outfic - any different random outfit - literally the ugliest cosmetic combination imaginable - P3 any character - P3 claudette - Legacy

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Nah. Ive bought cosmetics for every killer in the game and about half of those im AWFUL with.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

No. Lol.

Never knew that this was a thought that crossed a persons mind.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

I don't fear people with auric cell only cosmetics. If anything, I'm more worried about their wallets.

I love this game, and will gladly pay for DLC, but cosmetics are way too expensive for what they are.

• NotDBD
    NotDBD Member Posts: 182
    Options

It some other games it might be that way, but typically I see the shard or event outfit more.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited May 2020
    Options

The ones I fear the most are the players that come in with the default cosmetics. There's no way to judge whether or not they are playing their favorite character, much less their skill level upon first impression.

For example:

You see a Huntress with the complete default set cosmetics, and you think: "Must be new to playing Huntress" or "Baby killer, this'll be easy!" whereas when you see one with a full set of cosmetics your opinion changes to: "This killer must play a lot of Huntress, best be cautious".

That's what makes the default cosmetics so scary... they make you drop your guard on sight, and you are either proven right to assume it, or you get destroyed by them for being foolish enough to assume they'll be easy to deal with. Default cosmetics are basically incognito mode in this game (or "sheep's clothing" if you will), and that's why I'm extra cautious whenever I see them.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

My brother has more auric cell cosmetics than I do, and I have more than five times as many hours in the game as he does. It's not because he's better at the game than I am (though I'd wager he's definitely better at his mains), it's because I'm still in uni and he's 3 years older with a job in IT.

All auric cell cosmetics means is that someone likes the game, and they have enough disposable income to show it.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

No. It's like seeing survivors and killers with bloody clothes. Doesn't mean they are good, it means they have played a lot, but it's not the same thing.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

I don't even pay attention to whether something is Auric or Shard, it's just "do they look like they're taunting me with their clothes, or are they genuinely unable to coordinate a good outfit..."

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    Options

I fear Killers with brain cells.

I fear Survivors without (if I'm playing Survivor and they're on my team).

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,076
    Options

All it show is how much a person is willing to support a game.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

No

• DraconDirnc
    DraconDirnc Member Posts: 121
    Options

No I actually enjoy seeing the outfits people put together. It gives them some personality. Like bunny Feng's and Claudette in her very unique outfits. The best are the Bathrobe Ace's.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

No. Money doesn't translate to skill in this game.

• NightOwl
    NightOwl Member Posts: 5
    Options

No not really, I don't combine auric cells and skill together. But a growling P3 Legacy Billy can be really scary sometimes xD

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

I fear bloodied outfit Claudettes Neas and Megs more than survivors with paid outfits.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    edited May 2020
    Options

Of course you’ll see a default Nea and think “she’s probably new and she’s gonna crouch around the map with Urban Evasion” and then you see a Neon Nea with the pink hair piece and think “she’s probably decent and gonna be a pain in the ass to deal with”.

But no I don’t fear them because I wear auric cell cosmetics and I know it doesn’t translate to skill in the game. Just means they wanted to look cute dying.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

I don't typcially fear players with Cosmetics, unless they're a P3 Claud, then I just get annoyed because they tend to be some of the most immersed Survivors I will face and play with.

• Kakateve
    Kakateve Member Posts: 287
    Options

No. I don’t even know whitch outfits are cell exclusives. I purchase everithing for them over all both characters and cosmetics.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,177
    Options

I fear nothing...

But that thing...

(Insert picture with 4 P3 claudette with flashlight and burns oni map offering)

It scares me

(Obviously this is a joke)

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

If I see a Nurse with the iri cell nurse outfit.....it scares me okay

But if its an auric cell exclusive outfit it doesn't scare me

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    Options

Nah, I mean hell I own a lot of cosmetics for characters I suck at like hag.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

This kinda seems silly to fear people who payed for skins lmao some people just enjoy buying outfits so short answer no you should not at the end of the day it just means they supported the game.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

Never occurred to me that cosmetics might be considered taunting. How did you come to this conclusion?

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

What movie is that from I recently saw it now it's driving me nuts

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options
  • ZarinaKindaThick
    ZarinaKindaThick Member Posts: 63
    Options

Auric cell outfits just seem like a stylistic choice from the player. Full Prestige? Fear Incarnate.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,775
    Options

Not really. Just because someone had money to buy a cosmetic doesn't automatically equate to extreme skill or toxic behavior.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I get a little iffy if I see specific survivors with specific skins.

Dwight- elf

Claudette- crop top, booty shorts, curly hair

Jake- bun

Nea- pink hair

Feng- bunny

David- shirtless

Kate- anyone with a purple skin lol

Jane- her crop top skin

Jeff- white face paint

Yui- bandana with brown ponytail

Zarina- her newest skin

I know that it doesn't make them any better but I still feel like they'll play better when I see them lol.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

No, because money =/= skill.