Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What can BHVR do about Keys and Moris?

Everyone on both sides (unless you're just overly biased for your side) will agree that Keys and Moris are absolutely overpowered in this current build, being that they're both a 'press M1 to win' button, and even though you can say "but I have to repair gens first" and "but I have to chase them down first," but they are still overpowered. Now, this comes to a point; What can BHVR do to fix both? They have shown that they are willing to put in the resources to change the more glaring aspects of the game, such as the time before the Endgame Collapse where survivors could do anything they wanted to by the time the gates were opened, so they can obviously spend some time and effort, along with money, to change both of these mechanics. Although Patrick and Mathieu, bless his soul, said that they weren't looking into changing the mechanics of Moris and possibly keys, it's still worth it to try and think of balanced changes that they could simply make to the request of the Community.

Comments

• NotDBD
    NotDBD Member Posts: 182

There have been a numerous amount of different ideas, (moris are built in on the last survivor alive, keys help to open gates faster) all sorts. I think BHVR will have to go to the drawing board for a complete change to both. I would suggest that they do something similar to the Vanilla DBD where they take a portion of the community that want to volunteer to try it out in a private build. Possibly have a few ideas ready and see how the reaction is. The reasoning behind this, is that if they come out in a post describing the the idea, there is usually backlash until the players get to try it. I would think people will get a better prespective if they get to try it. :)

• ZarinaKindaThick
    ZarinaKindaThick Member Posts: 63

Yeah, because people don't get to see things in game mechanically from a simple blogpost, they wouldn't know at all how it would work, so getting a spare few players and influencers to try out these new ideas would be very, very good for overall feedback.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

In my humble opinion, the only thing that needs adjusting when it comes to keys and moris is their rarity, because I don't believe that a mechanic being overpowered on a micro level is necessarily a bad thing.

Of course, that's a personal preference, and I'm well aware that it's an unpopular one, and it's totally okay if people disagree. It's certainly been discussed enough that I'm confident I've heard all the counter-arguments (so I'd appreciate if no one tries to start a fight with me over it). Just throwing in my two cents for the sake of diversity of opinion.