The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is it just me or anyone else finds the killer nodding annoying

crazygirl
crazygirl Member Posts: 20

So I just had a match with a legion I am purple rank and he was red rank. I finally got caught downed and he just nodded at me and hooked then hooked me. I wasn't bothered much but then as soon as I got saved he tunnelled me down. He then downed me and then nodded at me again like to say "got you".

This is annoying I wouldn't be bothered but to nod after they tunnel you down. Honestly as well I play both sides I never nod only if I am saying yes to allow someone to take the hatch. I honestly don't really have a problem with it just to tunnel off the hook each time and to be nodded at it can be annoying. I also don't teabag and I didn't flashlight or BM.

Comments

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I nod when i let a survivor farm or something. Somethin to let them know "Hey i get it"

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

I only find it annoying when the killer is doing things he/she shouldn't like camping or tunneling without justification. But, at that point, the killer is a bastard no matter what he/she does.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

If a killer nods or "says no" it usually means you got under their skin somehow. Perhaps you looped the Legion too well so it ruined the Legion player's fun. It would explain why they tunneled you off the hook, too.

• crazygirl
    crazygirl Member Posts: 20

No didn't loop that long not a long chase to which I am still trying to practice my chases. I am no good at looping but I do look behind me and I am not a toxic player either.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

I tend to nod when I am chasing a survivor and I know that I can down them. Not anything toxic. Maybe if they've looped me for a while and did some nice plays, that's when I like to nod. Lets them know time is up.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

*click* *teabag*

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

That actually explains the tunnel more unfortunately. I guess i cant speak for everyone but i shy away from targeting the people that are strong at looping. I dont have time to hook them 3 times...but the ones that are bad at looping? Well lets just say anybody can hold m1.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

It depends on the context. If a survivor gets me with a good play, maybe a close-call on a vault, I might give them a quick nod to acknowledge "well played". On the other hand, the situation where someone is tbagging for no reason and I down them, I'll give'em a nod as in "yes, you're dead". However, I wouldn't do it if they looped me well, because I would look silly. Only if they were potatoes, because I see that as teaching them some humility and decency.

In the situation you described, it's meant to be a bm. Same as hitting someone's who's on the hook. These gestures are the equivalent of tbagging or flashlight clicking.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited May 2020

I disapprove of any sort of taunty shenanigans. Pack it in, you rascals!

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I love it when they nod, shake their head or spasmodically spin. My favorite is a nodding Demopuppy. I can’t get mad at them for killing me if they nod at me.

I do get annoyed if they slash my body while I’m hooked. I do my best not to be toxic and yet, I still get Killers who just do it to be annoying.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

I would only nod when i think something funny or stupid happened. If i were to down a survivor, who kept on getting my attention, really fast then I'll nod. They failed miserably at it and i feel a need to nod lol. I dont nod out of pettiness or to bm. Just out of fun stuff lol

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited May 2020

i mean if you want to spam your flashlight and T bag then when i get that down i think im at least allowed to node no?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

It only annoys me if they do it after a long ass chase or if they down me with NOED. Like, you're competent, congrats?

But ultimately it's the killer's form of teabagging so it doesn't usually bother me.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

Would you rather get downed and have the killer shake their head no instead?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Demo or Nurse headbanging sporadically will never not be ######### hilarious to me.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

The only time i would nod is after i reeled someone in with deathslinger and i'm feeling spicy

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,286

Nodding is just the equivalent of T-bagging and if thats all someone is doing...i dont really care. Its when ppl do more ontop of that like feeling the need to wait out the entire timespan of EGC at the gates instead of just leaving (while t-bagging) or following a slug around til they bleed out (while nodding) that I would find it annoying...cuz then your just wasting my time.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

I also only use nod, shake, crouch spam/ spinning to show I'm not gonna sacrifice, it's just a farming match. I also attack chests or loud surfaces to get their attention.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

It doesn't bother me. For me the killer equivalent of teabag (aside from GF) is when they hit you after a hook.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

That's kinda the point really. Most killers can't teabag so they do that instead.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

No, it doesn't really bother me. I wish we had MORE options as the Killer to communicate. We can whack things with our weapon or we can nod; that's it. I personally wish we could draw our hand across our throats while staring at someone to indicate the classic, "you are dead."

• NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 501

I think it's you

Killer doesn't have many expressional moves , they only can attack and say "yes" with head

They can say YES for fairplay and YES for troll

But, It's just a toxic ochido fans , forget it

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I'm pretty expressive when the games I'm playing allow it. If I get a grab/pull someone out of a trap/severely outplay them I'll wait to the left or right of their hook for about two seconds before shaking my head "no".

One time I dropped a Trapper trap in an open exit gate and one of the stragglers was running out and landed in it somehow. I grabbed him and nodded yes the whole way to the hook and kept doing it. It was that day I realized that nodding triggered survivors.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    edited December 2020

Thannnk youuu!

Nurse is jus cute

and I’ve never gotten to see Demo bang😌

Loved it!!!

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

Not really, but it depends on the situation. I've been nodded at after hiding in a locker and the killer knew I was in there. He stopped in front it and nodded at me. Some people definitely use it as bm but I found it funny more than anything. It gets irritating if the killer is facecamping and keeps nodding, but usually I'm fine with it.

I think hitting on hook is "tbagging" and nodding can be almost anything. I've used it as "go on, take the hatch" and "I see you are very new to this. I'll walk away this time and let your team mates pick you up"

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I never nod.

I spin.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

I bet he's really saying,I love you and I just want to follow you all game,because I'm immature and don't know how to talk to women 😉

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Annoying like, say, teabagging at every dropped pallet and exit gate well past the point you should escape? Sounds fair to me...

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

What an awful necro.

I never nod. One time I tried it and the in the second I wasted doing it eighty gens popped. Ain't got time to BM

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

Right! What weisenheimers these crazy kids are...

One more tbag and I'm turning this car around 🚗.

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389

It's always the new guys necroing threads lol

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

I only nod with Trapper when someone steps into a trap...then I give em a pat on the back with my machete.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

It doesn't really bother me. Every time a killer nods at me, I just laugh.

This discussion has been closed.