Is this bannable?

So lets say theres two people left in the match and im the killer. I havent seen the fourth person in the whole match, so i decide to let the third survivor alive to help me finding this hiding rat. But however i let the survivor who helped me escape. Is this fair?

Comments

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Idk if its bannable but its fair. I HATE survivors that do that, hide while Im working on gens

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

Possibly, if that 3rd survivor is your friend. Not sure how you could know that the survivor is a "hiding rat" or just someone good at avoiding you, without someone telling you.

• xEzekanarioX
    xEzekanarioX Member Posts: 378

Nah not a friend, just a random person in the game. And what do you mean by being good at avoiding you? Go play hide or die then lol! If i see this survivor again i facecamp with bubba.

• xEzekanarioX

Lol but i dont wanna get the survivor banned! This is so sad haha XD. I just dont find fair that someone who i havent seen in the match is going to escape. I dont find funny sitting in a gen pressing m1 and then leaving... What is the point of that? Does it worth it? For me it doesnt, i rather play minecraft than doing that!

• illusion

What? There is a difference between hiding and being able to avoid you. They can do gens, and hook saves, but you never see them. There is no way for you to know they were hiding the whole game, until the post game score, unless someone told you. Also, how does a random person indicate that they want to show you a hiding person? While i have a dislike for survivors that hide the entire game, there is no way for you, as killer, to know that's what they were doing.

• xEzekanarioX
    edited May 2020

I run BBQ so i know who i havent hooked, im not stupid lol. *EDIT: I forgot to mention, please no more troll comments like this one, thanks!

• illusion
    edited May 2020

BBQ doesn't tell you who is where, it's just auras. There is no way for you to know one from another. Sorry, I'm not buying the "I just know" thing. Since you avoided the rest of what I said, then I suspect that you did know this third survivor.

Btw, you don't get to decide who replies to your posts, or how they reply. Besides, someone who does something they know is wrong, but comes here to find out if they can get banned for, has no moral high ground to call other people trolls.

• hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279

it's technically reportable, but bannable? I'd be surprised. the immersed survivor would have to record the whole match and send it in with a help ticket to stand a chance, given how hard to prove and subjective 'working with the killer' is. I don't blame either of you tho, seems fair to me.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

Working together with the killer to screw over a fellow survivor is infact bannable. Its one thing to farm points mutually, but its another thing if its at someone else's expense.

• LordGlint

Im guessin the survivor who got screwed over said something in endgame chat that had him questioning if its bannable or not.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited May 2020

It's not bannable to sell someone out for you to live. "Working with the killer" in the reports would probably require something like a survivor leading the killer to every other survivor, bodyblocking to help the killer get them, slam pallets to block their path, etc., not just selling out someone else in order to live.

I was wrong.

Post edited by Orion on
  • xEzekanarioX

Im sorry, but im not buying the "doesnt tell you who is where, its just auras" thing. I know what character the survivor is by looking at the aura, thats called experience. Is not my problem if you have 500 hours in the game and all you learned was repairing gens. Also since is my post, i decide which posts i will take and which ones are just troll ones. Your comment sounded like you had 20 hours in the game, no offense on that. And no, im not gonna talk anymore, have a nice day.

• xEzekanarioX

Im a xbox player, so theres no chat. But i was wondering if this was bannable. Thanks for your comment :P

• xEzekanarioX
  • sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I personally would report you both for playing together.

I am a stealthy player myself, and there are games the killer never saw me. But i do gens and unhooks in almost every game, and there are lots of games i basicly do gens alone. Just that i am good at not being found is no reason for the killer to work with another survivor to get my while i do all the work.

• MrCookie
    MrCookie Member Posts: 121
    edited May 2020

I do it when I need my 4th BBQ stack. I watch the slugged person point me to the survivor and if he cooperates and I get my 4th stack I let them go IF that person doesn't wiggle. I see it as the Entity enjoying Survivors betraying each other. Survive at all cost and all of that.

• LordGlint

Its specifically written as a reportable offense. How much more proof of it not being fair can you get?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Someone here got banned for exactly that reason. The Survivor who got called out recorded it, reported it and the Killer got banned. Was basically the same Case, 1 Survivor hiding all game and because of that the Killer wanted them dead, and well...

So not recommended.

• Liannet
    Liannet Member Posts: 86

Look at game rules on this forum.

"GRIEFING: INTENTIONAL GAMEPLAY ABUSE

• Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience".

Btw, I met good players whom I didn't see in the match, but they received a lot of points. They were helpful people for the team.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I wouldn't risk it. I suggest you read this thread for more info: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/146244/my-last-words

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,772

Yes, it's bannable.

You got outplayed by a survivor who knew how to hide despite the BBQ reveal, and other tracking perks you may have. Working with a survivor to find them is bannable for the survivor, although you may get off free.

Also, your comment on facecamping an immersed survivor with bubba if you see them is exactly why people flashlight click and wear neon outfits, so they're guaranteed to be seen (although this also leads to facecamping so it's a lose lose situation). Stealth is as viable in this game as looping- look at PainRelievers on YouTube who knows how to play stealthy and still does a lot for their team. Don't facecamp because you got outplayed.

I have games where I don't find someone, but instead you should commend them on their hiding skills. Check their scores- if it's also pretty high then they did things for their team. That's the sign of a good player.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

As @Liannet correctly pointed out, according to the official rules, both you and the survivor are eligible for a ban in that situation.

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374
    edited May 2020

i hate when these things happen to me

The killer stop chase me 3 times in a row because is hard to him down me, the others guys die super fast.

i was the only person who do 2 gens.

And then, i can't have the hatch because the killer decide let the third survivor break free from the grasp to find me.

i rly hate being matched with bad survivors. because i ended dying in first hook by things like that.

not fair the only person who do gens be betrayed like this, and the survivor who play bad get the hatch.

i mean, you can let him bleed out to search me

or search me while he do gens

but be friendly to him to kill me when i clearly help more than him? no.

also, if the you're the survivor, and the killer let you escape to find another, do gens, don't sell him. maybe he have adrenaline and both can escape, think about he already worked on gens while you do nothing.

Post edited by Yogerman1997 on
  • xEzekanarioX

Sign of a good player? Or sign of a M1 player? I dont know you, but i dont find repairing and leaving funny, or requiring skill. The good player for me is the one that can loop you for too long, losing your match. That requires skill. Everyone can run urban evasion and doing gens...

Also, i dont know how i got outplayed if the other person doesnt want to play? Its easy, if i see you in other match i will do the killer's objective as bubba, which is killing survivors. Ez facecamp. If you dont wanna play, me neither :)

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

1) Why would the killer be eligible for a ban here? They can choose who to hit and not to hit, there's no rule stating that you MUST do any certain thing as long as you're not holding the game hostage.

2) The survivor may be eligible for a ban, but honestly that would seem to open the door for banning a LOT of behaviors. Did they run that killer to you intentionally? Did they try to open that locker intentionally? Did they blow that skill check intentionally? Did they give up on the hook intentionally?

This probably falls under, "Technically bad, but no one is going to do anything if it's one time."

• GoodBoyKaru

But they... They are playing? They're playing the stealth game instead of the looping game, and you're clearly not prepared for it. If someone can avoid you all game despite your best efforts, either they're good or you're bad.

Stealthing also requires skill, again check PainRelievers on youtube. Everyone can hide, but can they stealth effectively and still do gens then clearly they're not just hiding all game.

"i will do the killer's objective as bubba, which is killing survivors."

Aren't they doing the survivor's objective, which is escaping the trial? This is a two way coin and never really a good argument.

• GoodBoyKaru

Working with the killer is a bannable offence under game rules for both parties.

• Bovinity

Exactly how do you determine that the killer is "working with" someone, though?

I mean, maybe it's fairly blatant in some outlier case, but like I said - there's no rule stating that a killer has to hit this person at this time, or that person at another time. Hell, giving a survivor a hatch is by definition "working with them" - especially if you choose who to give the hatch to based on some criteria - but no one hands out bans for it.

Like I said, it very likely all falls under, "Technically bad, but no one is getting in trouble for it outside of extreme griefing scenarios."

• NICK714
    NICK714 Member Posts: 173

It is bannable for the survivor because it has the game as a hostage hiding for a long time, but idk.

sorry if I have misspellings

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374

By after slug him 1 entire minute... droping the survivor multiple times to he can walk again, and looking without atacking at him tryning to let him know you need his help to find the last survivor.

• Bovinity

So is it bannable to queue as a survivor when you're really bad at it, so the killer catches you in the first 20 seconds?

Asking for a friend.

• Pulvoriser
    Pulvoriser Member Posts: 48

This game is literally hide and seek with some death tag thrown in. If you cant find him adjust your perks.