Mouse clicks not working

Options
SadCyclops
SadCyclops Member Posts: 118

I have a game breaking bug where at about 30% until 40% of the time my mouse clicks dont count (if im a Killer i dont attack with M1 or dont activate my power with M2 and as survivor i cannot heal/repair/use items etc). This happens often in a row (i try to click like 8 times and the last time i do the action, the other 7 times nothing happens). Other controls like the keyboard commands work fine.

My mouse works in other games with no issue, so this is not a hardware bug or a damaged mouse. Ive heard from many others that this also happens to them. I experience this bug for about a year for the Killer (since then I didnt play Killers often anymore) and a few weeks ago i noticed it to affect Survivor gameplay too and it feels like it is getting worse over time to the point that the game is not really playable anymore as you cannot play your strategy nor participate in normal gameplay.

As this is really a game breaking bug i would love you to fix it as soon as possible and maybe write a short comment if you noticed or addressed this issue before.

See you in the fog.

0 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,517
    Options

Please check your windows resolution - this must be set to 100% any higher then you get this issue. It's not a bug.

• satanovsyn
    satanovsyn Member Posts: 37
    Options

??????? must be 100% ? Why there is an option to go lower than 100% ???? Its a bug!!

• SadCyclops
    Options

could you tell me how? this is more than annoying and made me nearly drop the game. Also, if the mouse is not working when you havent changed anything on the game it seems like a bug to me, right?

• SadCyclops
    Options

okay, so i went into the game and it was on 100% (default) then i checked my NVIDIA settings and it was also on default. If you still want to tell me this is no bug i dont know, you must be ignorant af ....

declare this post as a bug please so the devs see it, because thats what it is: a bug

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,517
    edited May 2020
    Options

It's not your game settings, it's your windows monitor settings that need to be on 100%

I've put this image to show clearly what I mean.

• SadCyclops
    Options

yeah, my recommended value is 125% indeed.

if i scale it back my whole windows is ######### up. any other idea except of calling this a bug?

• Malechai
    Malechai Member Posts: 71
    Options

part of the issue here is your resolution. I got a new 4K monitor and attempted to run it at that, but when you run 4k windows recommends 150% so your icons remain the same size they were before.

If you have your monitor at 1920 x 1080 and 100% resolution it should work fine.

• SadCyclops
    Options

but what if i dont want to throw my whole pc over just to play a few rounds of dbd?

my icons and all other stuff get smaller if i choose 100%, so this is annoying and should be integrated into the game as an option (if this isnt a bug)

• Malechai
    Malechai Member Posts: 71
    Options

It's nothing to do with this game in particular. It's a Windows effect that affects all games. The only way you may be able to counteract it is to reduce the resolution percentage in DBD to make up for the difference. So like if your monitor is set for 125%, set DBD for 75% and see if that works.

I've come to the conclusion that there aren't many games which run well yet at higher than 1080p. And if you're playing DBD, you aren't really looking at the small icons on your desktop at that time. I never found it a huge deal to take 5 seconds to swap resolutions so the game I'm playing works better but it's up to you.

It's definitely not a DBD bug.

This discussion has been closed.