Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors have no empathy towards anyone

Change my mind, it won't

Comments

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

You have not seen what I have seen while playing soloq.

If you saw those things I bet you wouldn't have any empathy towards others.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

They don’t. Would you have empathy towards something trying to kill you? I don’t think so.

• maxdefcon
    maxdefcon Member Posts: 54

I can agree with the OP to an extent. I've been playing killer for quite some time now and I like to give hatch/exit most of the time. However, there are those games where I just can't get a person. Which is also fine as it makes me a better killer as I bounce between rank 1 and 2, which isn't a big deal. Those matches where I struggle... it's usually against a team that teabags, clicks their flashlights, etc... If I do manage to hook one towards the end, I get bodied by the other three and they do anything and everything in their power to escape. They have that right as it's their objective... to escape. However, as soon as I go after a person that is unhooked, even if it's the smart play at times, I get messages to #########, uninstall, bb killer, etc... I like to play fair, so most of the survivors are wasting a perk slot by using DS against me. I was surprised tonight though... I guess I didn't realize that DS still activates after a self unhook. I would have got that person if it wasn't for the DS. With DS, borrowed time, adrenaline, and unbreakable... why do survivors complain against NOED? Which is a perk I don't use. I have yet to experience a moment where a survivor show empathy. So, should I just stop giving hatch/exit? I mean I feel like others appreciate it if they are playing with a struggling team... I don't know... any advice?

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

of course not. It's outclassed by Kindred nowadays.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Better off with no empathy as survivor than having only toxicity as killer.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

both sides lack empathy, sure there will be the occasional player who complements you or lets you kill them because of a bad game or a killer gives hatch but those are kinda rare. Even I dont bother to show much empathy, I will give a survivor hatch about once every 5 games or so and thats it.

the main thing is that empathy can cost you the game and its better to not show any since your rewarded for escaping, killing, ect.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

This is one of several reasons survivors are spicier in chat.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited May 2020

Yesterday I looped a Doctor for 4 gens. He gave up after the 4th gen popped. My team of solos and I then went over to him and let him farm us for points, and then I force killed myself via EGC. People aren't entitled to empathy from somebody else in a Player Vs Player game, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who show it.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited May 2020

indeed i understand why u say, they dont is quite ironic that the killers have way more... we dont even need to give the lat one the hatch or let the last one open the door and still sometimes we allow it as a mercifull thing, will ever the survivors be mercifull? very rare and only agaisnt rank 20s. also when we dont slug or camp or tunnel and they still do gens in 5 minutes or less, then they complain why we play dirty, thats the truth. is ironic that survivors then ask "why so try hard?" "entitled 4k killer main EZ LOL" etc but if survivors do their objective in less than 5 mins is ok.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

tried to do the same thing, but the survivor denied it because someone else was afk, and says I deserve nothing.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w Posting this is hardly empathetic but i couldn't resist. 😂

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

This action speaks louder than words.

I agree with you 100%.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

Discussion is meant as a tool for open minded people to understand others peoples point of view or perspective. Saying give me your perspective but you are always wrong right off the bat is no way to discuss with anyone.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390

you're right.

-survivor main.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
  • Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Actually, this statement psychologically indicates that you don't have empathy. A depressed person sees the world negatively. A driven person sees the world full of opportunity. A psychopath sees a world without empathy.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

These posts are silly stereotypes.

Many people play this game, and they are all different.

I am a long time killer main new to survivor and have a lot of empathy towards killers.

If you are going to stereotype whole groups of people based on your limited interactions with a small percentage, you may struggle understanding others and the point of view.

• Victor_hensley

So in order to understand people, I have to remove my sense of individuality? Man, you must hate yourself if you honestly think that.

• Clevite

Could also be an ego stroke, look at me, I allowed you to get away.

True empathy would be, just let the last person find the hatch, don't have to make sure the survivor knows you let them go.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Why would they? Do you know how many matches I’ve played this week that had ebony moris, facecampers, people who tunnel like crazy once they see there’s no Obsession, or people who sweat against a team of solos with an early DC? Neither side has much empathy so don’t expect it.

• MoxxiTheRabbit
    MoxxiTheRabbit Member Posts: 11

I would just like to point out that if you fight fire with fire, we are all just going to burn each other.

I suggest being the change you want to see. I personally find the community quite toxic at times, which is why I'm going out of my way to message killers and be nice to them and thank them for good matches, and what not. Even if I get butt hurt, tunneled, or camped, I don't go out of my way to talk negatively to the killer. If I'm really in the mood I try to point out how their toxic the behavior is and how it just hurts the community as a whole, But I will never go out of my way to be a dick just because I'm upset. I have a best friend who is a killer main, and some of the messages he gets honestly really upset me, especially because 90% of the time it is simply because the survivor got out gamed, and I have experienced this from killers as well, but not any where the same amount.

The fact is though, I love this game. I honestly haven't enjoyed/hated a game as much as DBD, but I can't stop playing it. I don't want this game to fall apart because everyone starts abusing each other and justifying it because they have been abused. That just screws all of us over in the end. If you honestly care about the community, and this game you should lead by example and do on to others as you want done to you.

So in short if we really want things to improve we all as individuals need to start engaging in positive behavior, and ignoring, or having conversations with the toxic people. With that said how ever we can't be shaming or attacking toxic behavior because then they will just victims them selves, and justify their behavior. It's like punching the loud mouth in the bar, he will just think you're a dick, never actually correlate that they got punched because they were being a jackass. they just make them selves a victim and continue to repeat their behavior.

In short, if you are engaging in toxic behavior in anyway, you are killing the community. Be the change, and have conversations. Don't be a dick, and lets all try and bring the game back to a state we can all love and be proud of <3.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

Oof you got people questioning your mental health on a video game discussion board thats gotta be a new low somewhere.

• Victor_hensley

Here's something that I think most people will be fine with me saying. I think that the devs need to enforce a smarter, more strict harassment, trolling policy in the game itself, as well as ironing out some rage inducing mechanics for both sides.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I have done that in the past repeatedly however nearly every single time I didn't grab them and take them to the hatch they would insult me thinking they out smarted/skilled me even though I was derping around practicing my aim as huntress or spamming traps for more BP.

So its less ego and more making the survivors realize that yes in fact I did let you go because I wanted to so please don't get an ego.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

You kinda do actually. If you don't, most of the time you'll get a ten page diatribe in post game about how you got owned, you were born without eyes, your cat should die in a fire, etc, etc.

If you make it a point of dropping them there, they don't have many options aside from a thanks or a quick leaving of chat.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,521

Survivors seem to be quite mean to each other after a loss.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

To be fair...a killer that sweats ridiculously on a team, slugging, camping, and tunneling people to death...then gives the last guy the hatch is not doing so because they are kind and empathetic. Its just a flex. "I want you to know I could have killed you, after I slugged your teammate to ensure you got downed without a shot at the hatch, but I'm going to give you the hatch anyway so you can forget all the ######### I did to your team and be grateful for my mercy - I expect a post-game thank you". It's just a weird sense of control. I hate pity hatch. I'd much rather have actual empathy throughout a match vs. a fake burst of it at the end.

• KettleWettle
    KettleWettle Member Posts: 149

It depends how you played. If you played like a boring killer well then yeah of course some survivors are gonna be upset and are gonna say something. It all depends how the match went for them.

• cynichism
    cynichism Member Posts: 52

Some days I'm so fed up with the post game messaging I actually start blocking players during the lobby countdown. I don't even know if they're going to be jerks or not, it just seems easier to do and prevents me from replying with something that'll just earn me a communications ban later.

Only seems to be an issue with red ranks. I wonder why?

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

there are bad apples on both sides,who started it who know who care. there are tho survivor/killer who have empathy towards others we just don't have them in every game we mostly get the bad apples.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

What are you talking about :( I love killers (of course if they aren’t toxic). I give items as gifts, if they’re having a bad game I’ll try to get them to farm so they can get some hook points off us, daily me and killers have decent conversations about life and the game. Not all survivors and killers are cruel.

Of course if a killer is toxic, I have to retaliate though.

• Ikalx
    Ikalx Member Posts: 134

I dunno, I feel like you're mistaking empathy for compassion.

To be honest, I don't think giving the last survivor the hatch is any kind of compassion or empathy. I think it's a misguided thing people do to make themselves feel better but actually goes against the game and fudges the escape numbers.

In rare cases it can be done as an acknowledgement that the game was sabotaged somehow (terrible teammates or disconnections), but most of the time it's not that, it's just a kind of condescending pity.

If you truly wanted to be compassionate in game and as someone said already, you wouldn't take someone to the hatch, you'd make them find it on their own and let them think they got away.

But that's not what people do. They exercise their power instead and pretend it's compassion or sympathy.

The fact that it's so widely accepted is pretty disturbing tbh.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

Wait a minute, you forced a survivor to farm with you when they didnt want to? That's against the rules if that's what you did. 😡

• kylerabdcgamer10
    kylerabdcgamer10 Member Posts: 279

I play both sides dudes, it is true for the most part

• Clevite

That is terrible. I mean even if you got the hatch, I see it as the team lost, myself

Sorry you had to deal with such bs.

• Clevite

That is fair. People can suck sometimes, we are not all like that!

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

No, toxic players have no empathy. They're on both sides.

However the fact that you said we csnt change your mind means you either know this and refuse to admit it, or havent played enough survivor to see the toxic killers.

Thinking JUST survivors can be ######### is... hilarious.

• ForeverRank20
    ForeverRank20 Member Posts: 2

I’ve had a survivor either show empathy and/or want more bp. I was using Huntress for the first time and couldn’t hit anything. I’d been practicing on hooked survivors, which made me feel bad, but they had to realize I sucked and was still learning since I missed half the time and stopped throwing when someone went to unhook them. The unhooker guy noticed and stood far from the exit and just let me throw hatchets at him for practice. When a hit landed, I’d let him heal. I don’t think it was only for bp since he messaged me with “Your aim is getting better! Good luck with huntress next time! Try to get the survivor in the middle of the map before throwing.”

I wouldn’t do that now since it breaks the working with the killer rule, but I had barely started and it didn’t think of it.

I have friends who screech constantly in discord, so I typically play solo survivor. I’ve had SWF three people groups go out of their way to help me if I’ve helped them, while my friends hate the killer and the “rando” solo player, so I get that some have no empathy.

As a killer, if I notice a SWF group letting a solo player die on their first hook when I’ve been nowhere near them, I try a lot harder to kill them all.