The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Please do something about survivors suicide on hook

Reinami
Reinami Member Posts: 5,431
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

As both killer and survivor i find it absolute bullshit. Happens in a good chunk of my games. When someone does it, either because they don't like the killer or they don't like that they were first downed. It completely ruins the game, basically guarantees the killer will win, and also makes the killer lucky to black pip. It's bad for everyone in the game and there is no excuse to not treat it the same as a D/C

Comments

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273

Then they'll just AFK. I guess that's slightly better, but still, if they want to rage quit there's nothing anyone can do to stop them.

• Reinami

All of these things can be bannable reasons. In any other game, CS:GO, LoL, DotA, Overwatch. Going AFK or suicide into the enemy team is a bannable offense, and they do it quite often. I see no reason why we should allow it in this game when any other team game does the exact same thing.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

I hope they will add a cool hat for Adam. I am ready to pay money for it!

• Waldbeere
    Waldbeere Member Posts: 168

I absolutely agree with you. I play both sides and hate it. I wish they would remove the manual pressing of a key during the struggling phase. I know they said it's for the "feeling" of a fight, but for me it has not really a gameplay value. I mean wow, pressing one key over and over again is really unbelivable exciting, kappa. The only thing it currently does is providing a fast way to exit the game and ruin it for all others 😑.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Definitely don't feel a fight. Only worry that any point it's finally going to wear out from the constant tapping and I'll need a new controller or game will glitch and kill me before time is up.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Why shouldn't we get a free dc? Every game gives you free DCs, why should dbd be different?

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

The only time I'll suicide on hook is to give my last teammate a chance at the hatch, but other than that I never kill myself on hook (intentionally.... sometimes I miss that struggle button).

I really don't mind what happens to me in-game, as long as it's not being mori'd off of first hook! You'll always get bad teammates, and I still want to get points, help the team and not de-pip, so I'll stick around even if I get left until struggle.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

People are just going for their achievement

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

It's called swf, pick your poison.

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288

Remaining survivors should get sizable Blood points for other survivor suicides. Preferrably more based on how early the suicide occurs. I would argue that DCs need to give more BPs than the mere 600 they get now. Preferrably more points in early game than late game. The impact on the remaining team is much worse the earlier that the suicide or DC happens.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Can you explain how you know that? I, for one, suicide on the hook from time to time. But i dont do it because i am downed first, and i dont do it because i dont like the killer, i do it because my fellow survivors are people i dont want to play with. Want examples?

1. I play vs Trapper, and another uninjured survivor is in the chase (i had bound and could see it). I steped into the trap and the other surivor changed his course to run to me and lose the killer who just had to down me, even though the other was still uninjured.
    2. The game starts, and i go to a gen, and see we have ruin. And i see the hex totem. I go there and start cleansing, then another survivor comes, sees me, teabagges me, and rushes in and out of a locker 3 times to alarm the killer (same can happen if you are on a chest or something)
    3. People coming to unhook me, and then are found by the killer. They keep running to me, killer in tow, and unhook me in front of him without bt., then bodyblock me to get away themself.
    4. You are on a gen, and another survivor in a chase comes close. I hide, to go back to the gen once they pass. The survivor sees me, and runs around my hidding place (which was not a loop) several times until the killer finally sees me and goes for the easier target.

Those things happen time and again, Survivor who come to you while you heal to lose the killer to you, hookfarming, all of it.

Yeah, i try to stay out of chases, because i am not a good looper, but i do gens, i unhook, and i even do bones. I am not just hidding in the corner.

If dcs happens to you often as survivor, then maybe you should reevaluate your play style. Maybe the people just don´t want to play with you.

• Reinami

Thats what DCing is for. if someone wants out, they can DC and take the penalty, like any other game that exists.

• Reinami

You can fix it. Every other multiplayer game worth anything punishes and bans people for leaving the game or intentionally "feeding"

• Reinami

Someone didn't read the thread, this hurts both sides and hurts survivor the most. I'm arguing it also hurts killers too.

• Reinami
    edited May 2020

The 1st scenario you mentioned is your fault, don't step on the trap, you shouldn't be able to intentionally feed because you played badly.

The 2nd scenario is literally a bannable offense, its called working with the killer and is one of the reportable options the devs ban for.

The 3rd option is partially your fault and your teams fault, but just because a teammate makes a mistake doesn't give you the right to intentionally feed. if a teammate played badly in CSGO with the bomb do you deserve to just suicide into the enemy team the rest of the game?

Same as above, someone made a bad play, it happens. Why does a teammate making a bad play give you the right to quit the game? This is a team game, if you don't like it, then you need to play SWF or killer,

Any other team game will punish you for dying on purpose because your team made a bad play. It's ######### sportsmanship. Do you see any professional sports players throw a game when a teammate makes a bad play? If it's not ok in any other major multiplayer game, why does this community think it's ok in this game? Its stupid, and it clearly ruins the game.

It has happened to me as survivor at least 4 times in the last 10 games i have played. And each time i'm just doing a gen, someone gets chased somewhere else, gets downed a hooked and then instantly kills themselves because they are the first hooked. No interaction with anyone else, nobody made a bad play, they just got pissed and suicide and its bullshit, and you know it is.

• sulaiman

Ok, first scenario is my fault, and the other survivor was being a good sportsman and teamplayer by leading him to me?

Second, i dont know what a bad play is for you, but i walking about this things being done intentionally to grief your fellow survivors.

And i believe that, if people intentionally mess with me, yes, i have all the right to quit, because i still decide whom i play with and whom i not play with.

Also, bannable offence is good and nice, only nothing is ever done without video evidence, which i usually dont have.

• Reinami

People intentionally messing with you is bannable, that is my point. If you were playing CS:GO, and a teammate kept body blocking you, are causing issues, do you deserve the right to screw over the other 3 teammates on your team? They would ban you for quitting or intentionally dying to the enemy team, as they should.

Does that mean what that teammate is doing to you is ok? No, it doesn't, and that person can get banned as well for causing problems with the game. That is why this behavior is less common in those types of games, everyone gets banned if they cause problems. Why not here?

• sulaiman

But other games give me the option to chose who i play with and who i play against. this game doesnt. And if you open this can of worms, people suiciding would be a small issue, as it already is, because a lot of games would simple get dodged.

• Reinami

This game does that too, you can queue with SWF. Tell me again that DotA and CS:GO and LoL and Overwatch don't have random matchmaking with people?

• DwightOP

Only for ranked mode, public lobby's is usually with no punishment. But DBD has no choice in game mode nor is it really a competitive game

• Reinami

That is untrue for DotA and LoL, which both ban you if you do it in unranked games.

For CS:GO and overwatch you can come and go as you please for those matches yes, but you often join a game in progress. I'd argue DBD doesn't have an unranked mode in our current world because... well... it doesn't. Every match is "ranked"

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

We all know nothing happens for reporting people for hook farming. You have to prove that in the first place. Unless you're recording it as it happens...

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Yeah it sucks but so do DC penalties in a casual game. There are valid reasons to suicide on hook (stupid teammates, toxic teammates, camping killers, connection issues, etc) and people have their own reasons. Trying to force someone into situations they don't want to be in when they can move on only increases toxicity towards other survs in game by various means.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    edited May 2020

Sorry man, if it's Ghostface I'm going against, I'm out. Take my depip, I'll live. I purposely make noise so I can get caught.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Indeed my friend. But, if camping is allowed without penalty, then so should this.

• DwightOP

Apex legends for example has punishments for leaving in ranked but no punishement for leaving in public lobbys at all. And it's a heavily team based game. Ngl I really like that approach, public should be casual and ranked should be serious

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

How are you killing your self on first hook and being hook farmed at the same time?!?

• Caleaha
    Caleaha Member Posts: 90

I hate it when randos suicide. Generally if I'm working on a generator I'll get it done then go to unhook if no one else is. Or if I'm injured I will try to mend myself or get another surge to heal me before going to unhook the person.

And it seems that they suicide when I'm almost to them. Like I'm at your feet! Dang you!!!

I always take advantage of a survivor keeping the killer busy. Like thank you! Let's see how many gens can be done before you go down. And I 100% expect the others to do generators while the killer is chasing me.

I have, while in Dwight, brought the killer right into the midst of 3 randos who were no where near a generator, not healing up, just hanging out. Like, coffee break is over! Enjoy the target rich environment. That game, the killer left me alone. I still unhooked them, healed them up, but not a one healed me. I was super lucky I didn't get hooked.

• Reinami
    edited May 2020

Name a single team based online game other than DbD that has decent amount of player base that doesn't ban people for suicide or leaving the game early.

Also if thats the mindset then why can't killers just leave with no dc penalty? Devs have already made clear they don't like DCing as they are actively punishing people for doing it. So how is this any different?

• Reinami

Correct. Kill your friends is the casual mode and everything else is ranked, thus BHVR should be banning people for it.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

world Of Warcraft, one of the biggest games ever would like a word with you... quit on a random group and you get a 15-30 minute timeout first time

• sulaiman

Starcraft too. You leave the match and you are fine to go.

• RavCav_
    RavCav_ Member Posts: 59

For suicides to get nerfed, the devs would have to remove the struggle on hook mechanic and just let people wait out phase 2. I find it kind of annoying anyway to have to keep button mashing to not die on hook.

• Reinami
    edited May 2020

Incorrect. In matches with teammates you can be punished (maybe not now? but its basically a dead game). In a 1v1 it doesn't matter, you just lose the game and your opponent wins.