The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

An idea for PTB?

So i was thinking... what if on the PTB the new characters (only the new ones) would already be lvl 50 and have every perk so you can try out different combos and experiment with some stuff? I get that there's custom game but some people either don't have enough friends to fully test everything out or their friends never play dbd like mine. What are YOUR opinions on this?

Comments

• RavCav_
    RavCav_ Member Posts: 59

It might be possible to just form a group of people who want to test ideas on customs games. I would join.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,431

TBH i don't know why they don't just unlock everything for everyone on PTB, the point is to test things, but if you can't get everything you can't test things properly. Any other game gives everyone everything on the test servers so they can do just that... test.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,738

I like this idea and did not know it wasn't that way, as I play on Xbox. If they truly wanted to test everything shouldn't all platforms be included? Might cut down on new bugs being introduced, but I do not know the technical side to doing this, and it would likely extend the testing time by a week or more dunno.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

They should only unlock every perk not offerings or items because then everyone would equip a mori or keys to destroy the fun of others.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152
    edited May 2020

Chances are people would only try OP builds rather than realistic ones from going through bloodwebs. Also many would probably stick with their meta perks instead of actually trying different perk builds. Miss out on alot if possible bugs, including bloodweb issues for new characters, that way.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Battlefield 4 had test servers on xbox, theres really no reason for them not too except that theyre comfortable just letting pc do it