Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can I get banned for being reported to be a hacker when I wasn't hacking :( ?

Dear Community,

I have just finished a Deathslinger match that started off badly.

I was chasing a Meg but when I hit her, she didnt get injured and stopped moving near the killer shack. I hit her a second time and she was still frozen and uninjured. I noticed a little red speed meter icon at the top left of my screen. I'm guessing it means I have connection issues ?

I was connected to the wrong network. I switched it back to my normal network. I went back to the game, the icon disappeared and meg fell on the ground like I had downed her (game registered my previous hits later ??).

I hooked her and for the rest of the match her team was altruistic and hook bombed themselves (so the rest of the game was pretty chill).

In the end game chat I got accused of being a hacker. I'm guessing the meg was accusing me ? I don't know if she reported me but I'm worried that if she perceived me as a hacker she might have reported me :(

Can this affect my game ?

Thank you for your upcoming help :,)

MrGolden32467

Best Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓

You won't be banned for anything unless the Support team are given some pretty compelling evidence against you. They don't ban someone just because someone else reported them, even if dozens of other people reported them, if there's no evidence. If you weren't hacking, Meg obviously won't be able to gather any proof that you were, so you should be totally fine.

Answers

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited May 2020

If you did nothing wrong, you shouldn't be at risk. However, the people who report you might be if she was lying with malicious intent.

• MrGolden32467
    MrGolden32467 Member Posts: 99

Thank you for all your reassuring answers :,)