Remove Deathslinger

So I don’t know who thought it was a good idea to give a killer with little to no heartbeat a harpoon in this game. IMO, he is a stealth killer because you don’t hear his heartbeat until he’s up in your A**hole. I remember people on the forums were crying for buffs when he came out but honestly what is there to buff? All you have to do is throw on Monitor And Abuse and Save the best for last. Base terror radius is broken plus he has 2 add-ons If I’m not mistaken to reduce terror radius while Aiming down sights. Survivors have no reaction time or telling of when he shoots unlike huntress. I literally had a match where I heard no heartbeat / terror radius and got yoinked off a gen. Some of you might say “well that’s what is unique about him”, but he’s just so broken IMO.

Comments

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

And this right here proves my point yesterday

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

While i hate deathslinger just as much as you hes not op and dosent need nerfs.

If you heard no terror radius and got grabbed he could have been using dark devotion or another perk that messes with his terror radius

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,163

When he aims at you there's a ringing sound as he's aiming, if it stops you're out if his line of site/reach. I wish I had that much information against Huntress hatchets. I love going against him. One killer you can fight back against when they hit you rather than just relying on dodging hits.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581
    edited May 2020

I just disagree. When I use him against people that know what to do,he's near useless. Very rarely do I get anything resembling a "stealth" hit. On certain maps you can see him from a mile away. He only has one shot,can get stunned even if it hits,then has to reload. The hitboxes aren't great,so trying to pull them from the generator doesn't work well. There's always stuff in the way. At best he gets one hit in,then you know he's there,and he's probably not going to get that second one off, before you make distance,duck,or one of the other possibilities. I'm sure some people will agree with you though. To me he really just wastes time with no benefit.

• HuDawg
    HuDawg Member Posts: 312

Cry me a river

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387

Don't mean to be rude but there's harder killers to go against... Thank you and goodnight

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited February 2021

There are two sound queues for huntress hatchets. One where she takes a deep breath and readies a hatchet. The other is like a "shing" noise when the hatchet has been max charged.

Also I think it's important to add that no Deathslinger hard scopes so the ringing barely comes into play because missing shots is pretty punishing.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,163

Those sounds are just that she's readying up a hatchet, I mean for there to be a sound that you'll be hit by the hatchet like with Deathslinger there's a sound as long as long as you're in an area he can hit you with a shot.