Make it so keys can't be found in chests

Machy619
Machy619 Member Posts: 23

For the love of God make it so keys can't be found in chests. I don't want them nerfed, changed or reworked I just want it so you can't find red or purple keys in chests. All it takes as a killer to go from a 1k with a guaranteed 3k to just a 1k and a de-pip is one survivor to run plunderers instinct and wow! All 3 of them now have a guaranteed escape!

Comments

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2020

As a killer and survivor main I like my purple keys so no😎.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

If 3 survivors can escape, it means they've done 4 gens. At that point, they'll probably finish the 5th gen and escape anyway. It's not the big of a deal at that point and it rarely happens anyway. Killers have moris, survivors have keys. At least survivors don't have iridescent heads.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,149

I enjoy spectating when someone finds a green key thinking it's like the pink/purple keys they've found before and try every button possible trying to open the hatch. It's one of the most amusing things to watch.

• matchmakingworksfine
    matchmakingworksfine Member Posts: 240
  • MrCookie
    MrCookie Member Posts: 121

WIthout plunders the chance is small and probably similar to a kobe. It doesn't happen nearly often enough to justify any nerfs, Just take the loss and move on.

And this.

As for endgame builds you always risk when you run them,

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

There are many situations where 1 gen left is not a guaranteed escape. As for moris, the killer has to plan to use them. The killer most likely takes perks around using that mori. Even iri hatchets take planning. The random key, which appears quite frequently in a box when none of the survivors use an item spot around it except maybe plunderers, is not the same thing. Survivirs can bring full meta builds, plus medkits, toolboxes, whatever. Burn whatever map offering they want, then randomly, with zero skill, find an instant escape for themselves after they lock themselves into a 3 gen.

As survivor, i get angry when i find keys as i would rather have anything else.

Maybe if keys only allowed the person who had the key to escape it would feel more balanced. I just think they should have to be brought into the game rather than found in a chest.

I would even be fine with last survivor left and killer closes hatch, a chest spawns somewhere on the map with a key in it. That would be fair.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,036

Endgame Builds are a lame excuse for "I cannot catch anyone and 100% need my NOED to get something done".

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

As a Trapper main, 3 survivors with 1 Gen is hard to have all 3 escape, especially using late game build such as Rancor (requires gens done) and bloodwarden (gate open).

A single key passby all of those.

1 die at 1 Gen left and suddenly other 3 escape is not fun. But so is Mori.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

As if chests weren't irrrelevant enough of a secondary objective. Keys could use some changes, but no need to nerf chests.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261

Typically this is the state of the game where survivors are at their weakest due to a large majority of the pallets already being used. 3 survivors alive with 1 gen left could very quickly end in all 3 dying before that last gen is popped.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

This might be a bit controversial to say but, hot take incoming:

I actually think what you're saying might be a good thing, about not allowing keys to be found in chests, EXCEPT with Plunderer's. I feel like Plunderer's is a perk where the perk itself doesn't really help you out much, it's more the items it provides that help you out, and still allowing for keys would retain the identity of Plunderer's. Even if you can still get keys, there's still several different items you can get, and there's only I think 3 chests that spawn on average, so you'd have to be getting lucky or bringing a lot of coin offerings, plus losing out on a perk slot (or two if you want Ace in the Hole as well) as the price to pay for that chance to get the keys.

I do think it's kind of annoying dealing with keys as killer, and I even had a game as survivor where the killer was about to 4k but I found a purple key in a chest last minute and just because the killer hooked a survivor near the hatch, I was able to open it and get 2 of us out (unfortunately the 3rd didn't make it.) I felt kind of bad just ripping 2 kills away right from his fingertips. Either way, if keys are going to exist in bloodwebs and I'm going to have to deal with them anyway, I wouldn't be opposed to people running Plunderer's and/or AitH and losing out on some other perks, while still allowing keys to be obtained, since I can still try to stop them from using it.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I have no problem with keys in chests.

Keys should, however, be more visible in the lobby.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Getting a key without Plunderer's is pretty much a Kobe in terms of probability and wastes a lot of time to attempt. I wouldn't riot if it was removed but there is little reason to do so besides pandering to the demands of angry killers who don't understand how keys and chests work in the first place.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Its not even just end game builds. If youve hooked each survivor multiple times and have a 3 gen then youre in a good position to win. I had 2 games against swfs today that went like that and ended in 3k+ hatch. If theyd had a key all that work would have just gone away.

The ops not wrong, finding such a stupid strong item in game would be like a killer finding noed in game

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Then make it so plunderers doesnt increase the chances of finding a key

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,036
    edited May 2020

THIS is a important point.

Unless someone is injured and needs a Medkit, there is not really any reason to search a Chest.

I am not a big fan of Keys in Chests, but it is not worth to open Chests currently aside from getting a Medkit. Someone even calculated that even a Commodious Toolbox gives less Repair benefit than it took time to search the Chest.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

I would rather them be found in chests than bring brought in.

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290

If any keys should be removed from chests it's the green ones. Either that or add-on's should be guaranteed for all items found in chests, seeing as they're going to be deleted off the item in any case.

• matchmakingworksfine
    matchmakingworksfine Member Posts: 240

Dying to noed is a lazy excuse for I cannot do totems and I'm a lazy bum