Anyone else disappointed ?

2»

Comments

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Not sure yet what to think about this chapter. To be realistic, I think Resident Evil and Silent Hill are the only horror games that would somehow fit into DBD. I looked through some top lists and there is nothing that would offer both characters and a map setting. Just heard someone saying Evil Within but I haven't played that yet. So Silent Hill in my opinion is the best game choice they could go for.

But when I thought about Pyramid Head when the theories began, I wasn't sure how he should be, because he is a very slow killer that gets deadly when you get too close or into dead ends. And this kind of threat simply doesn't work in DBD. And that's why I dislike him at the moment. The fast steps he makes with that leaned back pose looks a bit clumsy. It doesn't look like he is carrying a super heavy bone crushing sword. And his trailing power somehow doesn't get me either.

I'm also disappointed at the theme music. A piano alone doesn't make Silent Hill soundtrack. Can't say what it is, the components itself fit, but I don't like the piano notes, and the overall feeling is not Silent Hill alike for me.

But I haven't played a lot yet. I like his appearance, I love the map and I love Silent Hill, most likely my impression of the overall will get better soon, but I thnk this chapter had much more potential.

Sidenotes: perks are crap, again. There are some builds that are worth trying, and then they will soon vanish again under the meta. And I wanna see a Mad Grit Pyramid Head

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Why would that excite you? You get a kick out of the disappointment of others?

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

No, maybe they just don't want Pennywise, Xenomorph, Candyman or Jason in the game.

• Waffleyumboy

Hmm did they get PH's power wrong? If PH can't get this kind of power then that sadly confirms my fears that dbd will never truly capture that feeling. Then again I never played SH so I dunno the specifics.

• Waffleyumboy

Still kinda weird that negativity is what you focus on to channel your hype. It'd be like if killers celebrated the SH chapter mainly because the killer counters DS or if survivors celebrated the chapter because the killer and perks are weak. Seems wack to me but obviously to each their own and no one's gonna stop ya.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Maybe he likes Pyramid Head, or doesn't want those characters

Like for example, I didn't want those characters as they are not "scary" at all, while Pyramid Head looks pretty scary. He also looks incredible

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I'm disappointed with the killer perks....again. Seriously I can't recall the last time we had a really nice killer perk added to the game.

• Waffleyumboy
  • DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

tbh I know someone who has been getting a ton of value from Dead Man's Switch (Though he is a Freddy main so activating Dead Man's Switch isn't exactly hard)

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

It's a mediocre perk that is only decent with a few builds on a few killers. By itself it is a bad perk. I'm talking a "oh shoot that perk looks nice, what kind of builds can I use with it!" kind of perk.

• Waffleyumboy

Surge had that kind of vibe imo. Cruel Confinement had hype and I hope they give it a really nice buff like global range or just increased range and duration.

• Friendly117
    Friendly117 Member Posts: 32

Kinda wished it was Pennywise but I'm fine that its Pyramid Head from the Silent Hill movies. Very pleased. I'm glad it isn't Candyman, Candyman is a bit overrated and no one really knows about him so yeah, he also is quite boring. Pyramid Head is hella interesting. Thanks BHVR for this!

• Pixel_BoomBot
    Pixel_BoomBot Member Posts: 116

The devs didn't overhype it, dbd content creators did.

• Benno101
    Benno101 Member Posts: 47

As soon as a killer is released or even a survivor, I don't hold my breath. The devs are notorious in nerfing a killer or survivor perk after everyone's paid for it.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Arguably a better killer and a better fit for the game than some of the other licensed killers, shame the game in its current state is 💩

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,734

Pennywise would never work because survivors don't fear the killer anymore :D

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Last one was probably plague then. Corrupt is an ok perk for the early game which is the most important part of the match for a killer, and infectious is a solid perk on a lot of killers, almost a requirement on some like Oni.

• 93tillinfinity
    93tillinfinity Member Posts: 2

They didn't hype up anything. The community hyped up the Jason/Alien/Candyman/Pennywise possibilities. They just said it was a big deal for them. They never hinted toward anything in particular.

Besides that, I've been a fan of silent hill since the first one. I was also hyped as ever to see a Lisa skin.

Thank you Behavior 🙂

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

There is nothing in their lead up that gave a hint to Jason or Candyman. Not sure what the fascination is with Jason or a man with a hook hand. Jason is boring and too similar to other killers.

Personally, I'm glad they are delving into video game lore for horror. This opens up many possibilities. Resident Evil, Dead Space, other Silent Hill characters, etc. A whole new barrel of goodies with tons of potential.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    edited May 2020

As someone who had no idea who pyramid head was, I have to say he looks really stupid. I mean, how is a guy with giant paper boat over his head suppose to be scary? But maybe he'll be fun to play. I'm just saying he looks kinda ridiculous.

• The_Horde
    The_Horde Member Posts: 107

I made a post the other day that I would be disappointed with either Pinhead or Pyramid Head. I didn't want Pinhead because he's not my favorite in the genre, in fact he is towards the bottom of lists of characters I'd like to see in game. I didn't want Pyramid Head in part because I didn't think he could be executed as well, and quite frankly Silent Hill has been so forgotten to me that I forgot how exciting and scared I was when I was sneaking downstairs at 1 in the morning to play the copy a buddy lent me against my parent's wishes. They weren't strict, but they thought that 8 and a half years old is a bit young for those games and I tend to agree. Seeing the trailer brought me right back to my childhood of playing Silent Hill and Pyramid Head is indeed iconic.

Maybe its just iconic for 90's kids and older? I mean games don't age as well as movies and I doubt the younger generations have played Silent Hill as much as they've seen horror movies of old. I thought I would be disappointed with Pyramid Head, but I have been pleasantly surprised. Thanks devs!

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

As far as horror games go, Silent Hill is a classic. And the killer couldn't have been anything else from that franchise, as Pyramid Head was so iconic, he ended up in the movie, which covered the events of the first game, and SH3, which didn't really fit. Pyramid Head represented James's sexual frustration. That, however, IS where my disappointment lies. Why Heather? Why not James? SH 2 was arguably the best in the series, and Pyramid Head was HIS manifestation.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I am. . . Don't get me wrong, I do like Silent Hill, and am glad it's finally in the game.

Yet, a sentence like 'This new chapter will feature a classic license, one that has marked the world of horror since its inception,' had me thinking, well, older. Xenomorph has always been near and dear to me, and with a sentence like that, I figured it was written up just for her. So yeah, I'm disappointed. Glad, but disappointed.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Well I am disappointed it wasn't who I wanted it to be (Jason, then Pinhead) but the chapter does look good, the killer and the map at least. The killer chase music is great also.

Because it was announced that the upcoming chapter would be licensed and iconic, the conspiracies spread like wildfire. The devs were sending out red herrings to spice up speculation. The 23-hours a day online YouTubers took time out of their busy schedule of live-streaming while squealing and making baby voices to post multiple prediction videos. Everyone had an theory of what the new chapter was, myself included.

But from now on, I'm avoiding speculating extensively about new licensed chapters. It's not worth getting your hopes up.

I'm a Silent Hill fan and the franchise is a good fit. If it was just revealed without any fanfare or "It's a licensed chapter" announcement, I would of been totally happy.

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198

Literally all the devs did was say it would be a licensed chapter containing an iconic character. The ######### four in the anniversary logo was even pyramid shaped.

They didn't hype anything up, you lot took your theories and ran with them and then somehow got disappointed when your theories turned out to be untrue.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

Yes, actually. Especially when they spew venom like they have been with all these threads.