We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Time penalty for dodging and disconnecting

Options

This game REALLY needs a time penalty for dodging as host or leaving the game via disconnnect. the killers can choose their very own swf group, preferably with no items. most killers right now dodge groups or items instantly (sometimes if you are just Dwight or Claudette or with legacy skin). this is ridiculous.... those killers should get a time penalty. you are host, you want to kill, then stand your man! those cowards are annoying. this game, as other online competetive games, needs a time penalty for that. also the mimimi rage quits of killers AND swf is annoying, too. the depipp doesn't harm anyone but a time penalty will. the penalties could increase progressively. so first dodge starts with a penalty of 3min to a limit of 15min i think. disconnects should have a standard time penalty of 15min.

Comments

• Justice
    Justice Member Posts: 60
    Options

As a Killer main I agree dodging should be punished incrementally. I never dodge, because I also play survivor as it's just asinine.

However with that being said, I think you should be locked into whatever Survivor/ Loadout you have selected when you Queue. No more insta-switching. I think most Survivors can get on board with that.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

Dodging should never be punished, instead survivors and killers should get balanced, so nobody needs to dodge.
    (Or disable looking at profiles)

• Axlegolas
    Axlegolas Member Posts: 43
    Options

dodging has nothing to do with balancing. as killer you just want the perfect victims. there are enough dodgers when you carry an item. you don't know the perks of the swf so you can't argue with balancing like that. profiles disabling is also complete nonsense (you can set your profile on private btw). instead you are saying you would dodge swf with over 1000+ hours? poor killer...if you are ready to play, make a lobby and PLAY...if you dodge as swf because of ping it is understandable as long as the devs don't set up own servers. no one in europe wants to play with an asian killer and his ping. for tjose who wanna play normally a time penalty won't hurt. as swf you have to wait nearly half an hour on bad days to get a game, because several killers dodge....EVERY online competetive game has time penalties.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Axlegolas said:
    dodging has nothing to do with balancing. as killer you just want the perfect victims. there are enough dodgers when you carry an item. you don't know the perks of the swf so you can't argue with balancing like that. profiles disabling is also complete nonsense (you can set your profile on private btw). instead you are saying you would dodge swf with over 1000+ hours? poor killer...if you are ready to play, make a lobby and PLAY...if you dodge as swf because of ping it is understandable as long as the devs don't set up own servers. no one in europe wants to play with an asian killer and his ping. for tjose who wanna play normally a time penalty won't hurt. as swf you have to wait nearly half an hour on bad days to get a game, because several killers dodge....EVERY online competetive game has time penalties.

Too be fair though almost all other online games have some form of actual balance as well that gives them reasoning to punish for dodging and d/cing.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited May 2018
    Options

Mistaken post due to drafts saying I did'nt post before?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Before we deal with dodging, we need to deal with people purposefully deranking in order to be matched with players that aren’t as good them so they can get easy wins (I’m not talking about rank 1 down to rank 8. I’m talking about rank 1 to rank 15). It’s just not fun at all. Anyone who does this is extremely toxic in my opinion and does not deserve any respect from me at all. I know some people don’t have a lot of time to play or can’t play when the ranks reset, but I think that they are outnumbered. 

As much as I hate DCs, I will say that I don’t want a leaver penalty. Wait, don’t use your pitchforks yet! I say this because it’s not fun to stay in a match that’s being held hostage or has multiple exploiters/hackers. Some people also might have to leave for a good reason, and it’s not fair to punish them. The current system BHVR has in place right now is good because it means you can leave a game that’s full of cheaters or because you need to go do something else and you won’t be punished. You have leave 30% or 40% of your games to be banned. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Axlegolas said:
    This game REALLY needs a time penalty for dodging as host or leaving the game via disconnnect. the killers can choose their very own swf group, preferably with no items. most killers right now dodge groups or items instantly (sometimes if you are just Dwight or Claudette or with legacy skin). this is ridiculous.... those killers should get a time penalty. you are host, you want to kill, then stand your man! those cowards are annoying. this game, as other online competetive games, needs a time penalty for that. also the mimimi rage quits of killers AND swf is annoying, too. the depipp doesn't harm anyone but a time penalty will. the penalties could increase progressively. so first dodge starts with a penalty of 3min to a limit of 15min i think. disconnects should have a standard time penalty of 15min.

Í would stand my man if this were a balanced game. But at the moment?`A squadette with flashlights and most likely 4 DS? Nah thanks, thats not why I play killer

then there are also ping issues btw....

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

The issue is that trolls basically have a get out of jail free card, don't like the team comps or about to get sacrificed? Just dc and screw everyone else over and don't say this is a one sided issue it's not both sides do it extensively with little punishment. I had a game last night where 1 survivor waited until 2 seconds left to quit which left no time to do anything so 3 went against the Shape. He quickly got 2 ppl down and eventually sacrificed. While I was able to rescue 2 ppl and do 3 gens 2 solo I couldn't get the last gen done because he patrolled so well and finally got me trying to do it.

I've had matches where the killer does the same while game is loading and when they see rare or better offerings they just quit because it screws those people over. I've outplayed killers without looping at all and had them quit because I didn't things they wouldn't expect like double back towards them.

But I've also had killers nail me for doing things most killers wouldn't expect but they'd cut corners or look to see if I'd double back. I've had games where survivors get downed and either insta dc or do so once hooked. The killer gets credit for partial sacrifice but gets denied full points. The remaining survivors get screwed.

In some games it's a chain reaction, one person bails then the next and so on until you're the only 1 left and you're not going to get 2-5 gens done by yourself. Most definitely not against a well played killer and on certain maps. I've yet to dc as either a killer or survivor but I've definitely been tempted.

If you're not going to punish it then it'll just keep getting worse the same as every other game out there that didn't do anything until they finally had no choice. If you've got latency issues then leave the lobby and wait 5 seconds and queue up again.

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177
    Options

I like the system where if you leave a game after its started you have to play with leavers, if you say rude stuff, you get silenced.

• Axlegolas
    Options

@Master said:

Í would stand my man if this were a balanced game. But at the moment?`A squadette with flashlights and most likely 4 DS? Nah thanks, thats not why I play killer

this is a perfect example...you only play killer when you're sure you kill all. that's no competition, poor killer. dodging flashlights has nothing to do with balancing. you can avoid beeing flashed, just another mimimi killer with no skills. that's exactly why dodging should be punished!

@powerbats i agree it is an overall problem of BOTH sides. rage quitting of the swf should also be punished hard. so many teabag swf out there who, once get caught after minutes of looping and teabagging, just ragequit. no one wants those swf, even the rest of the swf group

@SnakeSound222
    sure there are always good reasons to quit, too. but a time penalty won't harm you if you are playing well. it should punish mostely killers who are hosts but waiting for the "perfect group". and a progressive time penalty should not harm you, when quitting a game 1 or 2 times because of hackers. it is not about a total ban but only for a few minute penalty. For now 5 seconds buffer to create a new lobby is just way to little. see Masters post, he is the perfect example why penalties should be implemented

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@SnakeSound222 said:
    Before we deal with dodging, we need to deal with people purposefully deranking in order to be matched with players that aren’t as good them so they can get easy wins (I’m not talking about rank 1 down to rank 8. I’m talking about rank 1 to rank 15). It’s just not fun at all. Anyone who does this is extremely toxic in my opinion and does not deserve any respect from me at all. I know some people don’t have a lot of time to play or can’t play when the ranks reset, but I think that they are outnumbered. 

As much as I hate DCs, I will say that I don’t want a leaver penalty. Wait, don’t use your pitchforks yet! I say this because it’s not fun to stay in a match that’s being held hostage or has multiple exploiters/hackers. Some people also might have to leave for a good reason, and it’s not fair to punish them. The current system BHVR has in place right now is good because it means you can leave a game that’s full of cheaters or because you need to go do something else and you won’t be punished. You have leave 30% or 40% of your games to be banned. 

I’m forced to smurf new killers because of emblem system slowing down ranking up, as well as me not playing survivor enough. PITY ME! Wait.....I mean PITY THEM!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Axlegolas said:

@Master said:

this is a perfect example...you only play killer when you're sure you kill all. that's no competition, poor killer. dodging flashlights has nothing to do with balancing. you can avoid beeing flashed, just another mimimi killer with no skills. that's exactly why dodging should be punished!

@powerbats i agree it is an overall problem of BOTH sides. rage quitting of the swf should also be punished hard. so many teabag swf out there who, once get caught after minutes of looping and teabagging, just ragequit. no one wants those swf, even the rest of the swf group

@SnakeSound222
    sure there are always good reasons to quit, too. but a time penalty won't harm you if you are playing well. it should punish mostely killers who are hosts but waiting for the "perfect group". and a progressive time penalty should not harm you, when quitting a game 1 or 2 times because of hackers. it is not about a total ban but only for a few minute penalty. For now 5 seconds buffer to create a new lobby is just way to little. see Masters post, he is the perfect example why penalties should be implemented

Kill all?
    No, but when I know that I will struggle to get even a single kill, then nope, im not gonna bother going through such a game. I did that mistake a few time and learned my lesson

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

@powerbats said:

If you're not going to punish it then it'll just keep getting worse the same as every other game out there that didn't do anything until they finally had no choice. If you've got latency issues then leave the lobby and wait 5 seconds and queue up again.

I'm so happy that everyone has the ability to live in a place that has amazing internet speed...

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

@Axlegolas said:

Nice job putting words in peoples mouths for them eh?

• Lumi83
    Lumi83 Member Posts: 66
    Options

@SnakeSound222 said:

I think that smurfing needs to be dealt with too. If bans are based on DC %, the easy way would be to lose only one pip per DC instead of 3.. which would work well with DC% ban. I have been bullied both as killer and survivor by smurfing players when I was new. that is a real balance issue. new and weaker players should not have to deal with rank 1s who decide to derank, without consequence, to rank 15-20 for the laughs.

• Queen_Shepis
    Queen_Shepis Member Posts: 39
    Options

I agree with most of the facts and arguments above. But there's also a legit reason to dodge. When there's one or more survivors with a bad ping, you should be able to dodge the lobby if said survivor(s) don't do it on their own.

• powerbats
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

@powerbats said:

I'm so happy that everyone has the ability to live in a place that has amazing internet speed...

It's incumbent on you to play when you know you'll won't be dcing non stop so stop trying to use Straw Mans and the victim card, it's childish and doesn't help the discussion. The bottom line is the moment you click accept on that EULA and TOS you're bound by it if you're still on dial up and know you're going to dc every 2 mins then you're clearly violating it knowingly and deserve to get a timer penalty.

There's no gaming company out there today that doesn't punish you for constantly disconnecting due to bad internet. They all give you leeway but after that start giving you warings then punishments. So stop witht eh trolling.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited June 2018
    Options

@powerbats said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@powerbats said:

It's incumbent on you to play when you know you'll won't be dcing non stop so stop trying to use Straw Mans and the victim card, it's childish and doesn't help the discussion. The bottom line is the moment you click accept on that EULA and TOS you're bound by it if you're still on dial up and know you're going to dc every 2 mins then you're clearly violating it knowingly and deserve to get a timer penalty.

There's no gaming company out there today that doesn't punish you for constantly disconnecting due to bad internet. They all give you leeway but after that start giving you warings then punishments. So stop witht eh trolling.

Not trolling at all..your just insensitive too the fact not everyone has the ability to live or be raised in areas of the country or world that don't have great internet speed.. Shameful in that case really.

Also what are some examples of companies who give you penalties for having bad internet connection as that is not something that is the actual persons fault?

• powerbats
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

@powerbats said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@powerbats said:

Not trolling at all..your just insensitive too the fact not everyone has the ability to live or be raised in areas of the country or world that don't have great internet speed.. Shameful in that case really.

Also what are some examples of companies who give you penalties for having bad internet connection as that is not something that is the actual persons fault?

Actually I'm very sensitive to that which is why i support giving people lots of leeway early. I used to have AOL DSL a long time ago and every Friday at exactly 5 PM PST it'd go down and stay down for 15-30 mins. I was at the time not only a WOW GM but also one of the main tanks for raids and so my guild knew i wouldn't be on and ready during those times

I knew it wasn't fair to screw others over due to my isp issues that were well known to me. My area didn't have great internet due to AOL overselling their service and then deciding the only way to fix the issue was to boot everyone off in our area and do rolling disconnects throughout the region to cover for it.

The same is true of now, if you know your internet sucks then it's incumbent on you not to play unless you know it's good, or in this case with p2p if your ping is too high to leave lobby and try and find a better one. But most of the dc's aren't people with bad internet but people trying to grief the other side or survivors because they couldn't be rescued.

Now for some examples that are pretty well known in no particular order.

Riot games with League of Legends gives you some leeway but if you keep dcing/dodging you get warnings , then timer penalties then temporary bans from playing and if it;s bad enough your account gets perma'd. They also offer technical support via traceroutes to help pinpoint the problems. Whether it's the connection at house/dorm or further along the pipeline.

EA with all of their games but especially Battlefield will give you queue timer penalties for ranked games and if you're constantly dcing will become harsher.

Bethesda does the same as does Blizzard/Activision.

Rust won't or at least they didn't use to and that came down to individual server admins the same is true for a lot of the smaller games out there that run independently managed servers

Again the bottom line is that's it's the person playings responsibility to make sure they have a reliable internet connection or to at least try and minimize the disruptions their actions cause. I used to game with people from Argentina and Brazil all the time and their internet would make dial up look good it was so bad.

I felt bad for them but also tried to help them plan their playing time around known service disruption times since it wasn't fair to others when they knew at x time their service would be out. So they started playing around those times, stopped getting hit with penalties and started enjoying themselves more.

It's no different here for those with bad internet they need to find the best way to resolve it and they can traceroute or look on the internet or even the tech support forums here for help.

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

Actually I'm very sensitive to that which is why i support giving people lots of leeway early. I used to have AOL DSL a long time ago and every Friday at exactly 5 PM PST it'd go down and stay down for 15-30 mins. I was at the time not only a WOW GM but also one of the main tanks for raids and so my guild knew i wouldn't be on and ready during those times

I knew it wasn't fair to screw others over due to my isp issues that were well known to me. My area didn't have great internet due to AOL overselling their service and then deciding the only way to fix the issue was to boot everyone off in our area and do rolling disconnects throughout the region to cover for it.

The same is true of now, if you know your internet sucks then it's incumbent on you not to play unless you know it's good, or in this case with p2p if your ping is too high to leave lobby and try and find a better one. But most of the dc's aren't people with bad internet but people trying to grief the other side or survivors because they couldn't be rescued.

Now for some examples that are pretty well known in no particular order.

Riot games with League of Legends gives you some leeway but if you keep dcing/dodging you get warnings , then timer penalties then temporary bans from playing and if it;s bad enough your account gets perma'd. They also offer technical support via traceroutes to help pinpoint the problems. Whether it's the connection at house/dorm or further along the pipeline.

EA with all of their games but especially Battlefield will give you queue timer penalties for ranked games and if you're constantly dcing will become harsher.

Bethesda does the same as does Blizzard/Activision.

Rust won't or at least they didn't use to and that came down to individual server admins the same is true for a lot of the smaller games out there that run independently managed servers

Again the bottom line is that's it's the person playings responsibility to make sure they have a reliable internet connection or to at least try and minimize the disruptions their actions cause. I used to game with people from Argentina and Brazil all the time and their internet would make dial up look good it was so bad.

I felt bad for them but also tried to help them plan their playing time around known service disruption times since it wasn't fair to others when they knew at x time their service would be out. So they started playing around those times, stopped getting hit with penalties and started enjoying themselves more.

It's no different here for those with bad internet they need to find the best way to resolve it and they can traceroute or look on the internet or even the tech support forums here for help.

Gonna hold you up there on Blizzard as I've played warcraft, heroes and overwatch for quite some time, warcraft for 8 years even and I used to have the badside of town internet and got d/ced every now and then constantly, never was hit with any form of warning or queues.

• mcNuggets
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Axlegolas said:

What the hell?
    I never spoke for every dodger.
    I don't even dodge games regularly. (The most time in the player search procedre I am afk)

"EVERY online competetive game has time penalties."
    Nearly every other online competitive game is balanced. (Atleast they are not SO GREATLY INBALANCED as dbd)
    The current game state is so much in favor of the survivor, it's nearly incredible.
    Still there are people asking for BALANCE for survivors.
    You guys got everything you need. More than that. You can win below 4 minutes of legit gameplay, even when facing a tryhard killer.
    I played survivor on rank 1 with my p3 laurie and ######### hell, it was so easy, I quit and began playing killer.
    I would never have played killer if the game wasn't so easy as hell for survivors. and it still is...
    The only danger outgoing from a killer is, when the killer is a nurse, hillbily OR CAMPS.
    Even then you could just gen rush them. Depipping the killer.
    Window loops are too ######### overpowered, same as the no delay pallet stuns, when a player throws down a pallet you can't even react to (when your ping is okay).

If you disable looking at profiles, you atleast can't know how good a player is, you just see his items.
    Thats one step in the right direction.

But disabling dodging TOTALLY would mean every killer main will quit time to time and then, nobody is left to host your "game" (basically a round of bullying one player, not even a fun game for them).

Who the ######### wants to run in circles, getting infinite looped, stunned every 2 seconds, blinded and humiliated at the end of the game by survivors running back in the map just because they know, you can't harm them after the gates are powered (no noed). Did the devs ever talk about this in their game?

• Axlegolas
    Options

@mcNuggets said:

If you disable looking at profiles, you atleast can't know how good a player is, you just see his items.

You can set your profile to "private" with enough skills!

it seems you only get swf groups as killer. i am sorry for that but there are enough randoms out there and from their point of view it is hard enough to survive. just try some rounds without your friend group and you will see.so balancing is not about mimimi, because you are unlucky, have wrong perks with you or just no skills. your argument, time penalty should not be set because of balancing is just stupid. with a progressive time penalty you are also able to play your bad games.

• mcNuggets
    Options

@Axlegolas said:

@mcNuggets said:

You can set your profile to "private" with enough skills!

it seems you only get swf groups as killer. i am sorry for that but there are enough randoms out there and from their point of view it is hard enough to survive. just try some rounds without your friend group and you will see.so balancing is not about mimimi, because you are unlucky, have wrong perks with you or just no skills. your argument, time penalty should not be set because of balancing is just stupid. with a progressive time penalty you are also able to play your bad games.

Because killers are Bots and are too stupid to understand what a private profile means for them?
    4 private profiles => Guaranted dodge

And also, the balance is terrible.
    You can do all gens, even without any swf communication in below 4 minutes.

• Jack11803
    Options

@mcNuggets

The survivors asking for buffs are solo Q. Their current survival rate is 30% (TOO LOW). Only problem is that’d also buff SWF. My suggestion, buff Solo Q to have comms as strong as SWF, then both could get nerfed appropriately

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I dodge as killer but only if i see things like 4 toolboxes/ 4 flashlights or an obvious Seal Team 6 SWF group. I am not going to waste my time giving a cancer squad a game just so that they can harass me. They dont deserve a game.

• Axlegolas
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:
    I dodge as killer but only if i see things like 4 toolboxes/ 4 flashlights or an obvious Seal Team 6 SWF group. I am not going to waste my time giving a cancer squad a game just so that they can harass me. They dont deserve a game.

why shouldn't they "deserve" a game? what kind of weird thinking. again you are a perfect example why it should be done. take franklins with you. YOU can see the swf to prepare. the swf have to guess what's coming and can't provide for the killer

• Axlegolas
    Options

@mcNuggets said:
    Because killers are Bots and are too stupid to understand what a private profile means for them?

that's why time penalties are good, just for stupid killers. good killers won't be harmed, they play the game or would dodge 1 or 2 games (maybe 30s on first dodge and 1min on second and so on...)

and again balancing.... that's not the point of this discussion. please troll other threads about balancing gens. time penalties have nothing to do with balancing. just pointless...

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Axlegolas said:

@SadonicShadow said:

why shouldn't they "deserve" a game? what kind of weird thinking. again you are a perfect example why it should be done. take franklins with you. YOU can see the swf to prepare. the swf have to guess what's coming and can't provide for the killer

Except when they last second switch in 4 flashlights lol. Sorry, i play this game to have a good time not play ring around the pallet with 4 man decisive strike with all brand new parts. If that is your idea of fun then your a masochist. I cannot and will not subject myself to that. They are not entitled to my time. I make the decision if i want to host their game and if i dont like what i see i have every right to leave that lobby. They can go ruin someone elses day.

• powerbats
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

So in other words you don't want to have to actually use your skills and out think the other side but have a free win handed to you.Way to feel entitled to not have to try at all. You see 4 toolboxes go with the 2 dbl perks that counter that as well as a killer that can counter. They go 4 flashlights go the counter to that as well as killer. There's also the offering you get to have the advantage there since you can clearly see what they're doing.

Go Lery's and the Shape or the Hag there and wreck their kitchens since you as the killer have options and can plan ahead. Oh and just stop whining voer you can't see their profiles good grief if you need that much of a handicap you shouldn't be playing a killer. Do you really need the entity to hold your hand that much to give you a chance?

If I was the entity I'd sacrifice you and get a real killer, not some whiner who can't act the part of the killer good grief. The killer i supposed to be ruthless and fearless and not care about the game being fair or easy for them. The good/great killers overcome all obstacles and sacrifice everything in their way. They don't ask for the survivor to please play easy and stad in front of the hook.

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@powerbats said:

@SadonicShadow said:

So in other words you don't want to have to actually use your skills and out think the other side but have a free win handed to you.Way to feel entitled to not have to try at all. You see 4 toolboxes go with the 2 dbl perks that counter that as well as a killer that can counter. They go 4 flashlights go the counter to that as well as killer. There's also the offering you get to have the advantage there since you can clearly see what they're doing.

Go Lery's and the Shape or the Hag there and wreck their kitchens since you as the killer have options and can plan ahead. Oh and just stop whining voer you can't see their profiles good grief if you need that much of a handicap you shouldn't be playing a killer. Do you really need the entity to hold your hand that much to give you a chance?

If I was the entity I'd sacrifice you and get a real killer, not some whiner who can't act the part of the killer good grief. The killer i supposed to be ruthless and fearless and not care about the game being fair or easy for them. The good/great killers overcome all obstacles and sacrifice everything in their way. They don't ask for the survivor to please play easy and stad in front of the hook.

You speak like someone who has never played at the high ranks as killer. If you think going up against 4 decisive strike pallet loopers along with brand new parts is fun then by all means have at it bucko.

• Jack11803
    Options

@weirdkid5

Oh~ I’m not like those other survivors mains...I can use colorful colors :p

• powerbats
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

You speak like someone who has never played at the high ranks as killer. If you think going up against 4 decisive strike pallet loopers along with brand new parts is fun then by all means have at it bucko.

I never stated I was high rank and my experience with pallet lopping is there since I've seen it from both sides as a killer and as someone watching someone else doing it. But that's not the issue, the issue is you're whining about not getting free wins basically because you don't want to have to build to counter what you see.

You're the only killer poster main so far that in every thread whines about survivors not making things easy for them. If they pallet loop you, destroy the stupid pallet. DS has a cooldown, use that to your advantage. You know they're going to run it counter it with addons/perks/killers.

I ran into a 4 man SVf group last night as a lvl 1 Hillbilly., I got pallet looped and obstacle looped a lot. I destroyed pallets, I stopped chasing and went back and damaged gens,. I also remembered where the survivors would go to lopp me and cut corners and downed them.

I managed to down survivors 6x or so and while i didn't get any sacrifices I still got them down including the expert who was ranked 8 and had prestiged and at least 1x possibly more. I did all that without a single addon or perk as a lvl 1 Hillbilly. Now if I with almost no experience on the Hillbilly going up against a 4 man SVF group with all those perks and a rank 8 can down people you can't complain then.

If you can't adapt, outsmart, out think, out plan, out everything against them then it's not the devs fault but your own. Is the game balanced at high ranks against SVF no, but that's no excuse to give up and whine that you can't have an easy game. Because duh you're at high rank it's not supposed to be easy to win.

You whine they're not entitled to your time well you're not entitled to waste their time or get an easy win. How is you getting a free win a fun game for them? Isn't that hypocritical to say you want to have fun but don't want them to. You need to quit griping over what you can't control and grow up and start using the knowledge you should have to take advantage of where you can and try and negate where you're weaker.

The top killers aren't all on here whining about it non stop nor are they making excuses for the shortcomings. No, they're working on strategies, planning ahead, doing their best and making sure they don't stop trying to improve. The other thing they're not doing is coming to the forums whining incessantly about how unfair things are. They're actually making good posts on how to improve things without skewing it so far in the other direction.

As someone else already stated solo queue is 30% survival rate which is absurdly low and is probably even lower when it's newer players mostly. As I've suggested they should give killers buffs against svf groups but only those members of svf groups.

Finally realize SVF isn't going away, it's here to stay and most people want to play with friends. So saying people need to just quit if they want to play with friends because you can't handle it suggests you should be the one to quit. The more people that play means the more people that have bought the game. The more people buy the game the more money the devs have to make improvements you know like the ones they're working on right now.

You know the ones like pallet looping and DS etc that you conveniently ignore with all your posts. Lets face it you don't want a balanced game, you want free wins since that's the only way you'll have fun.

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@powerbats said:

@SadonicShadow said:

I never stated I was high rank and my experience with pallet lopping is there since I've seen it from both sides as a killer and as someone watching someone else doing it. But that's not the issue, the issue is you're whining about not getting free wins basically because you don't want to have to build to counter what you see.

You're the only killer poster main so far that in every thread whines about survivors not making things easy for them. If they pallet loop you, destroy the stupid pallet. DS has a cooldown, use that to your advantage. You know they're going to run it counter it with addons/perks/killers.

I ran into a 4 man SVf group last night as a lvl 1 Hillbilly., I got pallet looped and obstacle looped a lot. I destroyed pallets, I stopped chasing and went back and damaged gens,. I also remembered where the survivors would go to lopp me and cut corners and downed them.

I managed to down survivors 6x or so and while i didn't get any sacrifices I still got them down including the expert who was ranked 8 and had prestiged and at least 1x possibly more. I did all that without a single addon or perk as a lvl 1 Hillbilly. Now if I with almost no experience on the Hillbilly going up against a 4 man SVF group with all those perks and a rank 8 can down people you can't complain then.

If you can't adapt, outsmart, out think, out plan, out everything against them then it's not the devs fault but your own. Is the game balanced at high ranks against SVF no, but that's no excuse to give up and whine that you can't have an easy game. Because duh you're at high rank it's not supposed to be easy to win.

You whine they're not entitled to your time well you're not entitled to waste their time or get an easy win. How is you getting a free win a fun game for them? Isn't that hypocritical to say you want to have fun but don't want them to. You need to quit griping over what you can't control and grow up and start using the knowledge you should have to take advantage of where you can and try and negate where you're weaker.

The top killers aren't all on here whining about it non stop nor are they making excuses for the shortcomings. No, they're working on strategies, planning ahead, doing their best and making sure they don't stop trying to improve. The other thing they're not doing is coming to the forums whining incessantly about how unfair things are. They're actually making good posts on how to improve things without skewing it so far in the other direction.

As someone else already stated solo queue is 30% survival rate which is absurdly low and is probably even lower when it's newer players mostly. As I've suggested they should give killers buffs against svf groups but only those members of svf groups.

Finally realize SVF isn't going away, it's here to stay and most people want to play with friends. So saying people need to just quit if they want to play with friends because you can't handle it suggests you should be the one to quit. The more people that play means the more people that have bought the game. The more people buy the game the more money the devs have to make improvements you know like the ones they're working on right now.

You know the ones like pallet looping and DS etc that you conveniently ignore with all your posts. Lets face it you don't want a balanced game, you want free wins since that's the only way you'll have fun.

All i am going to leave here in response to this unnecessarily long rant is look up Marths Depip Squad on youtube. if you think i stand a chance against that or that it is balanced then no one here can help you.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited June 2018
    Options

@powerbats I'm just gonna correct you on a few things. You cannot break an unthrown pallet, that's what looping is, circling an unthrown pallet.

Also the top Killers in the game even know it's unfair and complain a lot. TydeTyme has expressed his dissatisfaction, Tru3 rages a lot, ScottJund got bodied by Marth88's depip squad. Marth himself also has gotten every Killer to Rank 1 using no perks at all. But that's simply because most survivors are just bad players.

You were playing Hillbilly that game you mentioned you did what you did. Yeah, cause it's Hillbilly. Try doing that with Wraith. Not nearly as easy. Unless you play Nurse or Billy, you are entirely at the mercy of the skill and level of tryhard the survivors you're facing decide to be.

Please actually get to high rank first buddy.

• powerbats
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    @powerbats I'm just gonna correct you on a few things. You cannot break an unthrown pallet, that's what looping is, circling an unthrown pallet.

Also the top Killers in the game even know it's unfair and complain a lot. TydeTyme has expressed his dissatisfaction, Tru3 rages a lot, ScottJund got bodied by Marth88's depip squad. Marth himself also has gotten every Killer to Rank 1 using no perks at all. But that's simply because most survivors are just bad players.

You were playing Hillbilly that game you mentioned you did what you did. Yeah, cause it's Hillbilly. Try doing that with Wraith. Not nearly as easy. Unless you play Nurse or Billy, you are entirely at the mercy of the skill and level of tryhard the survivors you're facing decide to be.

I've been high rank in other games before and I'm well aware of how imbalanced things can get. It doesn't detract from my points however that in 1 persons case they're admitting to dodging because they don't want to have to face that team comp. Again the devs have said they're working on pallets and looping. My point still stands, that even no perks, no addons I learned from my mistakes and recognized the patterns the survivors were using to my advantage.

If I get to high rank and say the same thing you'll just come back with a different response to deflect my points. The top killers may complain but they also try and make suggestions to improve things. I don't see them saying dodge automatically because they don't like the team comps or can't see someones profile info.

I played high ranked WOW pvp and remember when they made changes to where it was so one sided it was impossible. i also remember complaining as did others but we also made good suggestions to improve on it. In the meantime we figured out ways to overcome our disadvantages and use the other sides ego's to our own advantage.

The survivors know they have an advantage at high ranks and no what they can do, so why not try and sue that against them. If you know where the looping spots are you can plan ahead. You can cut corners, stop chasing when it's pointless, damage those gens etc. I watched a really skilled wraith outplay people looping non downed pallets by planning ahead.

Lastly the devs are already working on this by removing some pallets and if they follow through on SVF nerfs/buffs to killers against those groups it'll be a much more even playing field. But simply whining about it saying I quit doesn't help at all.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Sorry, but no.
    I want to be able to :

• Not being forced to play against people with 400 pings.
    • Not being forced to play against obvious bullies (Yes, I look at you "LOLPLEBLOOPER" SWF)
    • Not being forced to play against "That specific guy that went super toxic last round and is joining again"

You just can't force people to play because you feel like you deserve a round.
    Especially since doing this will empathize players (and even more toxic ones) to bring items to make the killer to dodge and have a penalty for it.

Unless you truly want your game to be deserted, I suggest not touching that feature, at least as long as the game can be totally one sided with a stack of items on a survivor side, paired with SWF, or not. (4 BNP, 4 flashlights, etc)

• weirdkid5
    edited June 2018
    Options

@powerbats said:

@weirdkid5 said:

I've been high rank in other games before and I'm well aware of how imbalanced things can get. It doesn't detract from my points however that in 1 persons case they're admitting to dodging because they don't want to have to face that team comp. Again the devs have said they're working on pallets and looping. My point still stands, that even no perks, no addons I learned from my mistakes and recognized the patterns the survivors were using to my advantage.

If I get to high rank and say the same thing you'll just come back with a different response to deflect my points. The top killers may complain but they also try and make suggestions to improve things. I don't see them saying dodge automatically because they don't like the team comps or can't see someones profile info.

I played high ranked WOW pvp and remember when they made changes to where it was so one sided it was impossible. i also remember complaining as did others but we also made good suggestions to improve on it. In the meantime we figured out ways to overcome our disadvantages and use the other sides ego's to our own advantage.

The survivors know they have an advantage at high ranks and no what they can do, so why not try and sue that against them. If you know where the looping spots are you can plan ahead. You can cut corners, stop chasing when it's pointless, damage those gens etc. I watched a really skilled wraith outplay people looping non downed pallets by planning ahead.

Lastly the devs are already working on this by removing some pallets and if they follow through on SVF nerfs/buffs to killers against those groups it'll be a much more even playing field. But simply whining about it saying I quit doesn't help at all.

That's other games. This is Dead by Daylight. If you know how unbalanced games can get, then go see it for yourself. I won't deflect with anything. I'm not deflecting now either. You said your experience wasnt a high rank one. If that's the case you have an incomplete view on the balance and should seek to fix that. If your opinion doesnt change then so be it. But don't sit here and give me advice about "breaking a chase" when it gets too long when you play Wraith vs a full squad of top loopers at high rank.

Sorry, but it is currently impossible to outplay a good survivor in looping. Any "outplays" are bad players. Looping is essentially foolproof if you aren't greedy. Looping is not difficult to perform nor is it outplayable at safe pallets. We are talking about the game in its current form, not the PTB. And yes the new changes are definitely great, there still needs to be some more work on the balance.

I'm serious man, play this game at high rank. I promise you it is a completely different ballgame.

• powerbats
    edited June 2018
    Options

Oh I understand it's not great for high ranked killers and you can make survivors get greedy or punish them by going after gens and damaging them. I had a DS survivor constantly loop me just now as nurse. I was on Lery's my most hated map as a survivor since it's a lot harder. I eventually just started baiting him into looping and going after the other survivors doing gens. I did this by changing ym chasing angle and forcing him towards where I knew other survivors were.

I downed him a few times and almost got the sacrifice going to 3rd stage. i still managed to get 2 sacrifices done by getting them to 3rd stage and suing his looping against him. That's not to say that'll work on everyone .

Here's some Qol buffs i thought of to help and to those 'd add perhaps letting the killer see at least against full 4 man SVf groups either or their perks/addons but also their offerings. It could even be some combo of those options. Once they lock in the killer gets a 10 second or so lockout window where they can't change anything but the killer can choose to change his/her perks and offerings/addons.

I mean since the entity sees and knows all technically speaking it'd have that knowledge to share with the killer. That or give the killer some insight into his hopefully victims. :p

http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/2143/killer-qol-changes#latest

• zacmangaming
    zacmangaming Member Posts: 103
    Options

Sorry I don't want to play against your 4 man SWF with 4 toolboxes and voice comms.

• Axlegolas
    edited June 2018
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

Except when they last second switch in 4 flashlights lol. Sorry, i play this game to have a good time not play ring around the pallet with 4 man decisive strike with all brand new parts. If that is your idea of fun then your a masochist. I cannot and will not subject myself to that. They are not entitled to my time. I make the decision if i want to host their game and if i dont like what i see i have every right to leave that lobby. They can go ruin someone elses day.

as i said, dodging till you get the perfect victims, poor killer. get skills or take franklins. if you get looped, just chase the other swf. if you still get no skills, there are good youtube vids out there, so you can watch them and learn how to play killer. the rank btw says nothing about your skills^^.
    you can't see the perks in a lobby, so when you disco because of d-strike ingame, you are a troll. in that case you should be banned and you don't have to worry about time penalties.

why can't i see the killer? leatherface and nurse ruin my day. They are not entitled to my time........you know what i mean? think about it before you argue like this.

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Axlegolas said:

@SadonicShadow said:

as i said, dodging till you get the perfect victims, poor killer. get skills or take franklins. if you get looped, just chase the other swf. if you still get no skills, there are good youtube vids out there, so you can watch them and learn how to play killer. the rank btw says nothing about your skills^^.
    you can't see the perks in a lobby, so when you disco because of d-strike ingame, you are a troll. in that case you should be banned and you don't have to worry about time penalties.

why can't i see the killer? leatherface and nurse ruin my day. They are not entitled to my time........you know what i mean? think about it before you argue like this.

I can already tell you are brand new to this game. The fact you dont know what last second switching is proves this ten fold. You are not worth arguing with if you cannot even educate yourself on the terminology relevant to this game.

• Axlegolas
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    But that's simply because most survivors are just bad players.

right, there are bad swf and bad killers. it seems, that only the bad killers write in the forum, whining and crying for more and more nerfs...but all the mimimi about balancing is not the point in this thread...it is about dodging. dodging because it is "unfair" in someones point of view is just trolling. and again if it be a progressive penalty it wouldn't harm dodging because of ping. disconnects on the other side should always be punished (for survivors also!!).
    there is no excuse. you can see the swf and you can set your perks before the game starts. so prepare and play!

• Axlegolas
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:
    I can already tell you are brand new to this game. The fact you dont know what last second switching is proves this ten fold. You are not worth arguing with if you cannot even educate yourself on the terminology relevant to this game.

you can tell i am brand new? haha, you brighten my day sweetheart. i know switching but it's up to you if you wanna play unfair. there is a perk called franklins, you can get it from leatherface. if swfs are waiting the whole time in the lobby, you already know that they are switching. so get your franklins and gogogo.... if you didn't got it yet, you are new to this game :chuffed: you should educate yourself how to play killer. if you have no skills, there are some killers for noobies, making the game easier for you.

but i agree with you in one point switching is odd and should be balanced somehow. just start another discussion please.

• Axlegolas
    Options

there are enough swf in random groups out there. why should they be punished? sure, you have swf grp sometimes and then you loose....that's it. dbd is not meant to be a "killing all everytime" game. so stand your man when you loose, next game it will be better....maybe or maybe not. but waiting for the "right" lobby, because otherwise it is "unfair" is just trolling.

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Axlegolas said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    But that's simply because most survivors are just bad players.

right, there are bad swf and bad killers. it seems, that only the bad killers write in the forum, whining and crying for more and more nerfs...but all the mimimi about balancing is not the point in this thread...it is about dodging. dodging because it is "unfair" in someones point of view is just trolling. and again if it be a progressive penalty it wouldn't harm dodging because of ping. disconnects on the other side should always be punished (for survivors also!!).
    there is no excuse. you can see the swf and you can set your perks before the game starts. so prepare and play!

Until they fix last second switching, dodging will remain a thing.

Also I'm a Survivor Maim and I still recognize this game is unbalanced and that Survivors are OP. Nerfs DO need to happen lmao

• weirdkid5
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Axlegolas said:
    there are enough swf in random groups out there. why should they be punished? sure, you have swf grp sometimes and then you loose....that's it. dbd is not meant to be a "killing all everytime" game. so stand your man when you loose, next game it will be better....maybe or maybe not. but waiting for the "right" lobby, because otherwise it is "unfair" is just trolling.

The devs have stated the Killer has a right to choose his victims.

Play within the intended balance and you wont get dodged. Play solo, the way the game is meant to be played

• mcNuggets
    Options

@Axlegolas said:

@mcNuggets said:

that's why time penalties are good, just for stupid killers. good killers won't be harmed, they play the game or would dodge 1 or 2 games (maybe 30s on first dodge and 1min on second and so on...)

and again balancing.... that's not the point of this discussion. please troll other threads about balancing gens. time penalties have nothing to do with balancing. just pointless...

No that would be terrible.
    Low ranks would be nurse & billy only (or no killers at all).

They have to balance the game, before even going and fix dodging.