The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

it's time for story mode!

I've been playing dbd since a year more or less. I love this game and i appreciate as everyone when a new killer is released. Thinking about my early days, however, i think that a newcomer who have to understand game dynamics nowadays is clearly in disadvantage in comparison to the newcomer of 2016. That's because the number of killers and survivors are increased greatly, the maps too, and the basic understandings of the game (repair the gen, open the gates or hook and kill everyone) are changed: you need to know how to loop, when a loop is safe or not, what's an infinite, etc. And the perks (now with a total of 20 killers and 22 survivors we have 126 perks in total), and the objects and the add-ons; it's a ton of acquaintances for someone who approach the game with the idea of just having fun.

Furthermore, in my experience and in some cases, u didn't understand what a perk effectiveness really is, since you're not playing against someone who uses it.

What about a new "tutorial" mode, replacing the old one, where you could play offline against some IA; where you can set the killer or the survivor u will play against with the perks u want; with some story mode maybe that gives value to the wonderful amount of lore that this game have, instead of some data u can find in the archives. Where the newcomer can decide what character level up first in base of his own experience and not for some advice find in the community.

For encouraging online games will may be set that matches offline don't guarantee BP...

I don't know, i love all the news, all map upgrades, the new skins, crossplay, dedicated servers, new characters. It seems to me anyway that the game keeps increasing in only one direction for the benefit of those who know dbd, forgetting easing it for those who don't know it.

Greetings

Comments

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

They won’t do that for two reasons

1) They want to maintain it as a multiplayer asymmetrical game

2) The matchmaking is already bad doing that could mess it up a lot more by dividing the player base even more

• InTheWoods86
    InTheWoods86 Member Posts: 5

1) I don't see the point. It would be a multiplayer asymmetrical game with an offline section.

2) they want to create crossplay before the end of the year. They don't seem too concern about matchmaking...

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I would love to see a DBD themed TellTale style game.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

As a newer player, having had the game for about a month now and maining killer as I'm a potato with survivor, I have to admit an environment where I could practice shutting down loops, billy saw steering, timing nurse blink stun ffs, without getting brutally bullied and taunted by survivors would be nice.

But hey what can you do I'll keep burning bps/addons/offerings till I have BBQ on every toon and dive into youtube, forums QandA till I get the hang of it. I'd say 2 of 5 games are fun/great win or loss, 2 of 5 are average what could I have done better?, and the last 1 is a no fun bully squad who taunt, body block, endlessly loop, sabo hooks even on the last down with no hooks when the doors are open, butt dance. The really funny thing is when you shine and kill the bully squad they are also the most toxic in post game chat.

Guess bad winners also make sore losers.

I agree though that an additional play mode is likely to dilute player base rather than improve uptake resulting in longer queues which nobody likes.

Maybe new player BP bonus kinda like MWO where you earn double xp for x number games so that you can jump start outfitting your build and generally get a feel for which killer you want to play before settling into the grind.

My advice to new players is buy Leatherface, learn Leatherface (to chase, counter loop and mindgame, not the campy version) get bbq and chili. Go from there.

• InTheWoods86

Don't what i had in mind but i definitely would play a telltale dbd game XD

• InTheWoods86

Yeah i didn't want to bring up the toxicity topic even though i've think about it, too. Another good point for an offline mode however.

• pseudechis

yeah it gets talked about a lot and I didn't want to commandeer the thread, its more difference in skill and match making is the biggest barrier to learning new killers. Its the catch 22 in that game experience is also dependent on the other team. You need good people to practice against but they also kinda need to recognize you aren't very good and maybe afford you a chance to do that.

Once or twice I have been steamrolled only to have a couple wait at the gate and let me do some wall slides with billy insta saw, or nurse teleports at the nearby jungle gym till the EGC ran down. I down one the other one would heal em up and then we'd chase and down again. Everyone escaped and I got some practice it was a good outcome.

I often think it'd be great to have some bots to face off against and just have some fun but then where is my incentive to go into public servers and potentially face game after game of crushing defeat when I can have a friendly solo game in story mode. Hence the potential for dilution of player base.

Maybe if the game was playable in a limited capacity, only base perks at first rank and no bp or add-ons at least you could trial run mechanics and get your head around gameplay then head out into the murky depths of online play.

Sigh as an old school gamer from the 80's I'm quoted having disparaged the hand holding tutorials of most newer games, but now I long for one hehe the irony.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

It's called custom game. Plenty of people are willing to hop in and ######### around. Network a little.

• pseudechis

good point well made.

I wasn't complaining just sometimes there ain't a group to get together, not many folks I know play dbd. Guess I'll hit the forums.