Thoughts on Pyramid Head

His ranged ability gets telegraphed quite early and, if your looking behind you and paying attention, can be very easy to dodge. What's more, when you do dodge it you are able to make considerable distance as the abilities cooldown is decent enough. This being said, when playing as pyramid the ability opens up tremendous mind game opportunities. Bait that sucker like a Shred attack in overdrive and you will begin to find it a lot more accommodating and fun to use. Since your speed only decreases to 110%, you still make up considerable ground on survivors, especially since they are often serpentining to avoid your potential blast. Doing this frequently really keeps survivors on their toes (it appears so far) and will allow you to more effectively hit the ranged attack in the right situations.

Then, with his cage and torment abilities, for survivors it's a bit like avoiding hag traps: it can be done effectively, but becomes trickier if your up against a smart killer who can force you into his web. As pyramid head, the whole point of the ability is it's a trade off that you have to weigh when using. You're weighing the value of quickly sending the survivor off, negating potential DS, flashlights, hook sabos, copious time carrying them to a poorly placed hook vs. the risk of sending him away where others may be for the snag. It's not always going to spawn the cage next to other survivors, it will spawn the cage as far as possible away from you the killer.

So, you notice that there's no one else around and a hook relatively close? Pop them on the hook. You notice that there are two other survivors in very close proximity trying to help out their downed friend? Send the downed survivor to the cage knowing it will save you immense time and allow you to quickly get a down on one of the other survivors next to you. It forces you to consider what will work best in that moment--that's what I love about it and pyramid head as a whole!

Lastly, aesthetically I think they nailed it. He's the first killer since I started playing in January that actually feels intimidating to face. I enjoy pyramid head and believe he's coming into the game in the perfect position. When you play him, he can be tricky to master versus good survivors and both of his abilities need consideration with regards to when they are best utilized. As a survivor, I found him fun to play against and have confidence that, when I play well, I will be able to get him going on good loops and dodge his ranged attack a fair bit. Unlike deathslinger who I felt (and still feel) is immensely fun to play as/against but so easy to loop, the 50/50 game I've been experiencing with pyramid head has been perfect. I think this is a very well done killer!