Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Idea for BP scoring to assist with rewarding play styles.

So to explain my idea I'll refer to the old scoring system as its easier to work with bloodpoints but we can apply it to the newer pipping system.

My idea would be to have a cap on the maximum BP earned at 32,000 like standard but not have a cap on specific categories.

As an example, I'm usually a gen jockey because in most of my games nobody else does gens. So make it possible for me to pip if I do all of the gens myself but then as my objective cap is increasing, decrease the cap for the other 3. So say I earn 15000 BPs doing all the gens I would then only be able to earn 17000 BPs between the other 3 categories.

Another example is if you have a very tunnel visioned killer who is focused on 1 survivor but gets ran around all game, the survivor being chased all game should be able to earn more that the 8000 BPs because they're evading the killer longer than the maximum cap allows and don't have chance to do anything else.

If we relate this to killers lets take billy for example, he can get max deviousness and maybe gatekeeper but he can get punished in chased because if he is competent in his power he can end a chase before it even starts (Trapper also does this) so if he passes the maximum cap on deviousness then it should continue to go up while decreasing the maximum that he can get in the other categories.

If we look at an average group of survivors, you would have 1 runner, 1 gen jockey, another gen doer who also kills totems and the mandatory Blendette that every team seems to have. Under normal rules, the runner gets punished for running the killer round past the maximum cap of points, while the gen jockeys get punshed for doing more than 2.5 gens.

Shouldn't we be rewarding players who have different play styles equally if they contribute to a win rather than trying to force everyone to do bits of everything just to get enough points to pip?

Sorry this is a bit rambley and if I haven't explained something clearly enough do let me know and I'll try to clear it up.