If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Killer: [The Locksmith]

Options
CL4P_TRAP_ER
CL4P_TRAP_ER Member Posts: 114

Feel free to skip lore. Been working on killer concepts for over 8 months. Here's one of my ideas.

The Locksmith
“ I’m starting to question the power of the entity. I walked up to a chest and found it locked somehow. I tried everything to open it. Then I saw ‘her’. A long-haired woman staring at me waiting for my next move. I noticed the same lock on the chest was on her waist belt. She can lock off items that could be crucial to getting out of here. ”

Lore: Theresa Harding grew up never knowing her mother or father. They both were killed in a car crash when she was 10 years old so Theresa was raised by her uncle. Theresa’s uncle owned a locksmith store and would let Theresa hang out in the back. Theresa and her uncle formed a special bond. Theresa’s uncle treated her like his own daughter. On the night that Theresa graduated from high school, she and her uncle went to a pizza place when a robbery took place that changed her life. The robbers decided to kill everyone in the store. Theresa’s uncle hid Theresa in a hole under the sitting booth and was shot right in front of her. Police shot and killed the robber and Theresa was the only survivor. Psychologists tried to help Theresa, but she denied any sort of help. People say that something snapped in Theresa that day. Theresa took over the locksmith shop after her uncle’s funeral. While going through the back of the shop, Theresa found a book about different rituals. Before the store was a locksmith shop, it used to be a witch and ritualistic shop. Theresa was curious, so she took a dead rat that she found in a mouse trap and practiced one of the rituals. She was astonished when the ritual worked. Theresa kept trying every ritual in the book when she found one to raise the dead. The ritual read that: in order to take from the dead, she would have to give to the dead. Theresa practiced the ritual on a dead dog. The ritual stated that she must take the body parts of other living creatures. Two arms, two legs, a tail, a midsection and a head. When she performed the ritual, it worked. Theresa thought she could do the same with her dead uncle. But the problem was the body piece must be fresh. Theresa was grief struck again but came to a horrifying conclusion. Growing up in a locksmith shop taught her a thing or two about getting past locks undetected. She would kidnap people from their homes and then take them to the back of the store where she would hold them prisoners. Once she had enough victims, she chopped up their body parts and conducted the ritual. Unfortunately, none of her rituals worked. She tried again and again to get the ritual working but to no avail. One day, Theresa grew angry and put her life on the line. Theresa conjured an evil spirit. She begged the spirit to revive her uncle. The spirit was amused by her determination, so he told her that she would bring him back but reminded her of the one rule. In order to take from the dead, you have to give to the dead. Theresa then surrendered herself to the spirit and became the monster known as the Locksmith.

Perks:
• Dead Silence
o Survivors find the quite unsettling. Survivors receive 30% / 40% / 50% smaller great skill check areas while outside of your terror radius.

• Nowhere to Hide
o Unlocks potential in one’s aura reading ability. When a survivor enters a locker 16 / 20 / 24 meters near you, their aura is reveled to you for 2 seconds.
“You can’t hide from ME!”

• Death’s Blindfold
o The Entity is intrigued by your misdirection. Hooked survivors do not have their aura reveled to other survivors from 56 / 48 / 40 meters away. Hooked Survivors also receive blindness until unhooked. Once every 90 seconds. (Scream notification doesn’t appear either for hooking survivors. Just scream sound.)

Ability:
Mystical Locks – Theresa still has a trick or two up her selves. The Locksmith prevents those from leaving her realm. Locking off her prey’s chances to survive.

The Locksmith has 3 locks.

To lock an object, hold the alternative button while near the object. The Locksmith then goes through an animation. (Takes 4 seconds.) Let go of the alternative button during the animation to stop.

You can apply Locks to:
• Generators
• Exit Gates
• Totems
• Lockers
• Chests
• Hooks

When you apply Locks to these objects:
• Survivors cannot interact with the object for 60 seconds.
o After 60 seconds, the lock disappears.
o Survivors can use keys on the locks to automatically make them disappear. Costs 20% of the key’s total charge.
• Have red chains surrounding the object.
• Once you’ve locked an object you cannot remove the lock.

Survivors can attempt to remove the lock by preforming the “Remove” action. The “Remove” action, much like totems, doesn’t have any skill checks and takes 15 seconds. If a survivor stops this action at any time, the progress resets to 0. After preforming the “Remove” action on the lock, the lock disappears, and you receive a notification. (The “Remove” action progress cannot be exceled in any way. Like Leader and Prove Thyself for example.)

Any objects that survivors remove the Locks on cannot be locked again.

Hooks that have survivors on them cannot be locked.

Exit Gates can only be locked after they’ve been powered.

Locks are regenerated back into your inventory 30 seconds after the lock disappears.

Lockers that have survivors in it can’t be locked. The prompt will still appear, but you still can’t lock it.

One lock per object.

Loadout:
Weapon: Black Cane
The Black Cane is the primary weapon of the Locksmith. A metal black cane that has metal on the bottom. The metal surrounding the bottom has spikes sticking out of it.
• On successful hits, she inspects the bottom to make sure it’s not cracked.

Info:
• Speed: 115% or 4.6 m/s
• Ethnicity: American
• Terror Radius: 32 meters

Look Description:
• The Locksmith has long black hair down to her shoulders. She has a sweat band on her head and empty eye holes. She has a long black dress that has an emerald in the neck area. There is a gap in clothes in the chest area (not exposing any nudity) at the top of the gap is the emerald. Her hands have a variety of rings on them all of different colors. She also has old rusty locks on her waistband.

Comments

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259
    Options

Hey dude,
    Read your idea, here are my reviews to ability/perks.

Ability:
    The ability is actually great. :)
    It gives more abilities to the "Key" item, which is great, because it's not the useful for now.
    It can stop gen rush and more annoying stuff, though I don't think it's a good idea that the Locksmith will be able to lock exit gates, not really fun and makes Blood Warden pretty useless.
    Though except that, great idea, really weird they didn't make a killer with that ability yet.

Perks:
    Dead Silence - Great, seriously no complains.

Nowhere to Hide - Not really a huge fan of this one sadly.
    Lockers are barely used and making the killer just see survivor through them makes it kinda unfun.
    Just my opinion though.

Death’s Blindfold - Good perk, works good with LF's Knock Out.
    It's kinda the Boil Over killer edition in a way, pretty neat.

Overall, very good killer and neat perks.

• CL4P_TRAP_ER
    CL4P_TRAP_ER Member Posts: 114
    Options

@swenpai said:
    Hey dude,
    Read your idea, here are my reviews to ability/perks.

Ability:
    The ability is actually great. :)
    It gives more abilities to the "Key" item, which is great, because it's not the useful for now.
    It can stop gen rush and more annoying stuff, though I don't think it's a good idea that the Locksmith will be able to lock exit gates, not really fun and makes Blood Warden pretty useless.
    Though except that, great idea, really weird they didn't make a killer with that ability yet.

Perks:
    Dead Silence - Great, seriously no complains.

Nowhere to Hide - Not really a huge fan of this one sadly.
    Lockers are barely used and making the killer just see survivor through them makes it kinda unfun.
    Just my opinion though.

Death’s Blindfold - Good perk, works good with LF's Knock Out.
    It's kinda the Boil Over killer edition in a way, pretty neat.

Overall, very good killer and neat perks.

Thanks for reading.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Actually sounds pretty fun I'd totally get that killer but who's the survivor?

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Unless you add locking to windows and pallets, this killer will get looped for days.