Changes to Deal with SWF?

Options

Coming from a red-rank player who plays both sides equally...

So it's obvious that SWF severely impacts the balance of the game. Playing with a team is the equivalent of having 3-4 extra information perk slots, and nothing encourages killers to stop playing the game more than getting stomped by squads with good comms and a serious advantage over killers and gameplay mechanics that are balanced around solo queue. So something should be done for the long-term health of the game in order to stop the killer hemorrhaging that's happening across platforms and threatening the longevity of the game.

Question: How would y'all go about changing the incentive and/or balance system for SWF lobbies?

Would you change gameplay balance? (e.g. Bloodlust accrues more quickly when 3 or more survivors are lobbied together? Hook timers are 5% faster for each lobbied survivor? Chests contain less valuable items for each lobbied survivor? Totems take slightly longer to cleanse for each lobbied survivor?)

Would you simply reward killers for drudging through those unfair matches? (Post-game BP multiplier? Pip requirements are lower for killers who face lobbied survivors?)

Let me know what y'all think.

Comments

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,140
    edited May 2020
    Options

I'm probably the only one that thinks this but:

SWF isn't an issue.

It's actually survivors legit being more powerful than killer. Take a really good SWF squad, now cut all communications from them. Do they really play that much worse? No, they don't. And they'll probably win a good 90% of their games even without communication. I don't know where this whole "SWF" thing started, but looking at how survivors play without comms, my opinion has changed very quickly on what is actually unbalanced with this game.

SWF just kinda adds some fuel to the fire on the survivors power and their mountain of second chance perks.

Also matchmaking is disgraceful so you're pretty much never matched with 3 other good survivors. But when I have it's pretty much always been a horrible game for the killer.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Its not swf, its gen speeds. Both of these were swf groups. One did gens efficiently and had the game over before i could get my second t3 myers, the other didnt.