Console Players Worried About Framerate w/ New Graphic Update?

Options

I pray that the devs implement some kind of better optimization on consoles before releasing this graphic overhaul. PS4 can barely handle killers going into bloodlust, let alone whole new fog and texture renders.

Are the devs not worried about the game becoming unplayable?

Other console/low-end PC folks, what do you think?

Comments

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

I'm really worried... Hope it's optional

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

FPS is doggie doo with the current Atari level graphics we play on. PS4 (I cant speak on Xbox or Nintendo) needs some serious attention. I don’t have any other game that turns my PS4 into a jet engine when running it. Better graphics with the horrid dedi servers..... oh man

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284
    Options

Being on a regular PS4, I'm not optimistic about it at all. Just like how there use to be talks of getting the console to 60 frames and then those talks turned into general optimization for all platforms, with no real mention about specific optimization to reach that goal.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

Seeing as how I mainly play Nurse and Huntress a frame rate worse than we have now sounds gross.

• CornMoss
    CornMoss Member Posts: 538
    Options

IF it runs poorly I hope the PS5 will first of all, let you transfer all your dbd data from PS4 to PS5 (If you bought skins and characters to play) and also it to work better on PS5

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I remember someone saying the new engine they use is a lot better for console optimization. It's not an official statement, but it's what I'm hoping for.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

I mean, they haven't made sure it's currently running solid 60 fps. U think they will even make it happen when the performance impact is generally higher? I doubt that.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options

It should transfer, remember your data is connected to your PSN account not your drive itself.

Why do you think you can play on another Ps4 with out losing progress. And this is the same for Xbox.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 742
    Options

Considering I never played DbD for the graphics Im a little miffed about that. The game is wildly unbalanced (Freddy, ahem) and the devs should be focusing more on that than graphics

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529
    Options

i hear the graphic update maybe coming later this year are they thinking about the next gen consoles xbox/ps5? who knows

• CornMoss
    CornMoss Member Posts: 538
    Options

True, I actually never tested to see if my progress would transfer or not on to another Ps4 but thanks for the info

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Im hoping it will be fine on next gen consoles.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

They are two different teams. It's not like the graphics team has time to go and playtest different potential changes, that's just not their job as much as I'd personally love for there to be more balance changes.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

It's linked to your PlayStation account, so as long as you're using the same account it should transfer.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

I am worried, but I don't expect these graphical upgrades to ship before PS5 so all's well until I can see it for myself.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

It's not only console but pc players aswell. You need a ######### beast to run this game properly,atleast from my experience. So I as a pc player,am worried 😅

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

They actually had a detailed plan to achieve 60FPS on consoles in the March 2019 roadmap and dev update but they don’t talk about it anymore and ignore every attempt to bring it up and ask about it.

Maybe the graphics update will be part of this but I take the silence as they have not been able to achieve the impossible sounding plan and are hoping people forget about it.

What really stings is hearing them discuss possible platform specific optimisation during the 4th anniversary as if it was something new they would have to start working on rather than something they outlined a plan for over a year ago and have not delivered or addressed what happened or if they are still working on it.

I wish more people or even just someone with clout would keep asking about this and not let it just get brushed under the rug and forgotten about.

I feel alone and unimportant trying to get any information about this and that no ones else cares.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,482
    Options

When the news came out about the rough release timeframes of ps5 and the next Xbox I have to believe that killed any major plans/optimizations to improve either existing console. The timing makes too much sense.

Just like announcements like a major graphics overhaul & crossplay options both possibly being out as the next gen consoles are suddenly around to showcase them.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    Options

my low FPS are scared of this :,/..

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349
    Options

I can guarantee you that they will only release it on the Xbox and the ps5. Console wise. And advertise it as HEY NEE GRAPHICS AT 60 FPS NOW REBUY THE GAME AGAIN