Which would you say is the worse killer?

Noire
Noire Member Posts: 41

Which would you say is the worse killer? 55 votes

Bubba
30%
Mister_xDCheersKrilkalRydogMCSwaggleTitzdhealy646Keane14440DigglyNullclineshmeekinsIlikeMyersAmptricityPega6N851TotemsCleanserdarklingerNineball 17 votes
Clown
54%
CamoRangerSeiko300zacmangamingShrimpTwiggsSN1P3R5G3TH3ADCashelP14musstang62ChrikkecMelodys_RhythmMrsGhostfaceRin_is_my_waifuEnderloganYTTodgeweihtGlamourousLeviathanMang_AnwarWarcrafter4lkalin91ZackaryFreemanAwkward_FiendCosmicKitten27 30 votes
Legion
14%
SnakeSound222BlueberrySebaOutbreakFitchington_magicmaster2020NoireKei_Railliumred 8 votes

Comments

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Clown

I would say neither? They are just hard to play.

If I had to pick one it would be clown, because he is very simplistic, has no map pressure and isnt even that great at denying loops, but with the recent buff clown is receiving he should have things easier

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Clown

Recent buff? Did they release details on what they're doing with the Clown??

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Clown

They removed the cooldown he suffered when throwing his bottles

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    edited May 2020
    Legion

All 3 of them can get hard looped, but at least Bubba has the possibility to one-shot, and he can also be a great camper.

Clown's buff (no longer being slowed when throwing bottles) can help a bit, but to me he's not that bad. I've been doing quite decent with him at high ranks, of course with good add-ons and specific perk builds.

Legion, on the other hand... well, lots of stabs, not so many downs. The fact that their Frenzy doesn't count as a basic attack anymore killed a bunch of interesting builds they had. I hope they can get a buff, a rework... whatever helps them to be a bit better.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited May 2020
    Clown

:/

It's a start, but not nearly enough to fix his issues.

One of the biggest ideas that I always bring up whenever talking about the clown is making the Afterpiece tonic more threatening, as it stands nothing really stops Survivors from just tanking the gas at face value. In this way it hardly has any impact in a match, even with the job it is meant to do which is stop loops, which leads to this change:

While under the effects of the afterpiece tonic, disables Survivors' ability to perform any Repairing, Healing, Sabotaging, Searching, or Cleansing interactions. 

The idea here is that as a survivor you really shouldn't be able to continue repairing a complex piece of machinery like a generator, or really any other act that requires focus like while inhaling toxic fumes and being disoriented. This way, the Clown gains map pressure that other killers have, not by being able to teleport to generators, blink, gain insane movement speed, climb through portals, etc. But by being able to throw bottles long distances and stopping generator progress for a few precious seconds for you power-walk over there. 

This rewards skillful clowns who can accurately aim and throw bottles right on top of generators from across the map. This also will help clown in other aspects too such as protecting Hex: Totems, or catching a group of survivors from pulling off a heal. 

For those wondering, this effect already currently exists in the game. It is the exact same effect that Survivors in madness tier 3 are stuck in until they successfully perform the snap out of it action. The only difference is instead of "permanently" the effect only lasts for the duration that a survivor is intoxicated. The impaired vision lasts for 4 seconds after leaving a gas cloud, however the gas cloud itself lingers for about 8-9 seconds (keep in mind the spheres [how the gas physics work and it's modeled] of the gas are absorbed by survivors who "breathe it in" so the area gets reduced eventually) so it would be about this time frame.

NOTE: This does not prevent Survivors from performing crucial and important tasks such as rescuing survivors off hooks, or opening the exit gates. It only affects the actions listed.

Another idea that I brought up in a conversation about the clown on the subforum for the latest Q&A (which is now closed because that Q&A passed maybe 2 weeks ago) was this idea I was tinkering around with in my head about a secondary ability for the Clown called "The Funtime Gas Trap".

It's a circular device that the Clown would wind up, twisting it in an animation before setting it. He can place it on the ground, or attach it to a generator, once it is on the ground it will trigger when a survivor walks within a set radius (say 4m) after which point it will activate violently and loudly erupting, ejecting a large cloud of gas that covers a big area much more significant than the normal bottles.

The purpose of this is twofold, it mainly serves as a way to give the Clown more map pressure, in this way because of the loud activation noise and survivors screaming revealing their location, and giving a bead on where to go next. If this was introduced in conjunction with the aforementioned change that I mentioned beforehand this would also prevent survivors from repairing a generator for a short duration of time until the gas cleared giving the Clown more time to cross the map, finish a chase, hook someone, or something before applying pressure to that part of the map.

It also serves as a pretty significant anti-looping tool, because it covers a great area this trap could be used as a very wide area denial tool where you could significantly reduce the looping capability of an entire area. Say the killer shack, or maybe a central building or just a generally strong loop.

The Clown would slowly receive these Fun Time Gas Traps after a short duration sort of like how the Doctor's secondary ability works, and he can only place a maximum of three of these traps on the map at any given time.

There are a bunch of other nuances that I'm thinking about how it would work specifically: does the gas eject into the air and then settle on the ground giving survivors a bit of time to react? Or does it just disperse into the surrounding area immediately? When placed on a generator should it activate when somebody walks close by or only after someone attempts to repair the generator? Can the clown pick these traps back up and place them somewhere else? Can these traps be disarmed or broken? What if he got access to the Fun Time Gas Traps after he reloads a certain number of times encouraging the player to use the bottles as much as possible, would that be better than a simple recharge time?

However, the core concept of the idea remains the same despite these more nuanced aspects.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Bubba

just looking at the killer with their base power its definitely Leatherface.

if we throw add ons and perks into the mix however, it gets blurry between Leatherface and Clown.

Legion however is really quite an underrated killer imo. the amount of map pressure they can have is incredible - i feel like the only reason most call him a candidate for the "worst killer ingame" is because they cant play them efficiently. And honestly, not too long ago i was one of these guys - until i saw Otzdarva start playing him, which lead to me starting to play them aswell (roughly around the EGC update). Are they a good killer? nah. but are they as weak as many say they were? hell no!

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Clown

Maybe not after the update, but as of now the bottles don't really do anything of use.

• KiraDBD
    KiraDBD Member Posts: 2
    Clown

Clownnn. I Hate Playing him And I Hate Playing Against him.

• Nineball
    Nineball Member Posts: 28
    Bubba

Bubba, hands down. His addons are at best decent and at worst do not work, and he doesnt even have Iri addons. His power is very basic and simple, like a flowchart. Hug a surv>M2>Release M2. I play a lot of Bubba and I really enjoy it, but I would be ecstatic if he got a rework that made his gameplay even just a bit more complex.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Bubba

Leatherface, purely on the basis that 95% of the people who play him seem to be facecampers.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 620
    Bubba

Idk why Legion is even here. He's not the strongest, sure, but he's still pretty good imo??? And he's a lot of fun to play as. Idk maybe I'm missing something but he doesn't feel as weak as everyone claims he is.