Too Easy For Killers To Rank Up

Options

Okay so, I only have started playing killer recently. I used to only play them just to get my dailys, I never bought perks or leveled them up and I got to rank 14 and thats when I started trying to play killer for real since i have all the survivor teachables I dont need to rank them up anymore.

I feel like the skill gap between the survivor and killer is too much, I feel like killer should not Pip if you don't get atleast two kills. As a level 19 hag and level 12 nurse I really really feel like I dont belong in a moderately high rank, im currently in rank 12, yet I feel like I should be in rank 15-17, the only way I can think to counter this is make it take more pips to rank up or to add more ranks, like up to 30.

I went from having rather casual games where I was getting 2/3 kills each game, to ones where I am being gen-rushed and looped, and only able to get 1 kill (if I am lucky), its made me not want to play killer anymore, because the fact of the matter is, im barely getting any bloodpoints in killer games anymore because I /can't/ do anything.

TL:DR - Killers level up too fast and dont have the skill/perks to help them get out of it

Also INB4 "you dont needs perks to be good blah blah blah" - No but all the survivors have their crutch perks yet I don't, so it puts me at a disadvantage.

Comments

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    Options

@ForsakenLemon said:
    Okay so, I only have started playing killer recently. I used to only play them just to get my dailys, I never bought perks or leveled them up and I got to rank 14 and thats when I started trying to play killer for real since i have all the survivor teachables I dont need to rank them up anymore.

I feel like the skill gap between the survivor and killer is too much, I feel like killer should not Pip if you don't get atleast two kills. As a level 19 hag and level 12 nurse I really really feel like I dont belong in a moderately high rank, im currently in rank 12, yet I feel like I should be in rank 15-17, the only way I can think to counter this is make it take more pips to rank up or to add more ranks, like up to 30.

I went from having rather casual games where I was getting 2/3 kills each game, to ones where I am being gen-rushed and looped, and only able to get 1 kill (if I am lucky), its made me not want to play killer anymore, because the fact of the matter is, im barely getting any bloodpoints in killer games anymore because I /can't/ do anything.

TL:DR - Killers level up too fast and dont have the skill/perks to help them get out of it

Also INB4 "you dont needs perks to be good blah blah blah" - No but all the survivors have their crutch perks yet I don't, so it puts me at a disadvantage.

Dont worry you just got too strong survivors.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    @ForsakenLemon You're absolutely right, killer is too easy to pip. I used to main Doctor and got all the way up to rank 7 or so. One key detail here is that on average I had less than one kill per round. You can rank up without a single kill as long as you hook everyone twice and actually try to scare the survivors off generators.
  • ForsakenLemon
    ForsakenLemon Member Posts: 42
    Options

Every game? Every single game? The fact is if it isnt a SWF team who go out of their way to be toxic, its people who were in a high rank who is in a lower one after the rank reset.

Every survivor has good builds, who clearly put time in to them, with teachables from every survivor, like Sprint Burst, Self Care, DS, Borrowed Time

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@ForsakenLemon said:

Every game? Every single game? The fact is if it isnt a SWF team who go out of their way to be toxic, its people who were in a high rank who is in a lower one after the rank reset.

Every survivor has good builds, who clearly put time in to them, with teachables from every survivor, like Sprint Burst, Self Care, DS, Borrowed Time

yes................................

• ForsakenLemon
    Options

@Peasant said:
    @ForsakenLemon You're absolutely right, killer is too easy to pip. I used to main Doctor and got all the way up to rank 7 or so. One key detail here is that on average I had less than one kill per round. You can rank up without a single kill as long as you hook everyone twice and actually try to scare the survivors off generators.

I know how to play killer, I feel like if I had a decent build on a few killers I would be okay, but its rather hard. I can pip every game if I get one kill, but that moves me higher and higher, as survivor you can die within the first 5 mins of the game if you are unlucky and depip or saftey pip, but as killer you are more than likely going to pip every game

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

It's too easy for both sides, in my opinion.

• pauloandrade22
    Options

The problem for me is that i want kills more than pips. Piping and all escaping is not a win. (And if i would get the piping requirements from hits and hooks i probably killed survivors anyways.)

• ForsakenLemon
    Options

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    It's too easy for both sides, in my opinion.

I agree with this, to an extent, I feel like it is slightly harder for survivors as they have a higher chance to depip or just saftey pip. But yeah, I am a rank 5 survivor and it didnt take much effort

• ForsakenLemon
    Options

Another thing killers have to deal with is survivors who belong in rank 1 but dont care about rank, so they depip on purpose just so they can enjoy pallet looping baby killers

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

You've just discovered in the ways this game is unbalanced, congratulations