No Ed is the poor man's Perk

parkrrt
parkrrt Member Posts: 11

I'm a red rank survivor, who plays this game a bit too much. I play on console, so I'm not the best, but I make do with what I have. After playing this game for a year and a half, for the longest time ruin was the biggest problem in the game. But even now, that perk is gone to an extent. Now, I face a new problem. No one escapes death is a ridiculous perk and at the very least should be a killer teachable. I cannot tell you how many times I have been sacrificed late game after doing everything in my power to save my teammates and do generators because no ed was on a rank 13 killers loadout. So not only does broken matchmaking stand out here, but no Ed is unlocked so quickly, that it just gets old at this point. I honestly go into every match expecting no ed now. It should be removed from the game, or it should be reworked so that it can be avoided (easier without having to bring a map and cleanse all the totems). D-pipping because I save my teammates and do generators but I didn't get out is ridiculous. Matchmaking is an entirely different discussion.

Comments

• Kate_cx
    Kate_cx Member Posts: 181
    edited June 2020

Oof, I have trouble with what to respond with when it comes to NOED forums.

One thing I'd just like to quickly point out is that NOED doesn't contribute with matchmaking which you seem to be implying. Any killer can buy NOED in the shrine regardless of which killer you choose (rank sometimes doesn't matter either).

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Run small game, its also a free perk and coubters noed

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

It sounds trite, but do bones. Seriously. The game goes quickly enough you have time to do a bone if you see it. If every survivor did one totem on average, that’s four totems gone right there, and only one survivor would need to go the extra mile and do the fifth.

Currently with all the “do totems” challenges in the archives I’m not running hexes because people are doing bones more than normal by a good amount. I’d be willing to guess NOED kills have been particularly low the last few weeks...

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I'm also quite curious why I keep seeing some threads about No ED pop up every now and then.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

NoED is only a problem if the killer is a camper. If they aren't camping, you've got plenty of time and opportunity to do totems. Now if a killer is just a camper, then you probably don't have time to cleanse totems, but you can keep an eye on their location, and if you get all the gens done, check them on your way out the door.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274
    edited June 2020

Another whine thread about a perk that can be countered before it even activates. Toss this on the pile with "camping Killers" threads. I still don't know why it's hard to just break totems before the last gen is done. If you're on a team, tell them to wait until all totems are broken. If you're going solo, then search for totems before even touching a gen. If your team is competent they will do the gens while you look for totems. This minor problem can easily be dealt with without crying that a mediocre perk needs to be deleted.

Depipping because of NOED is an emblem system issue not a perk issue. Rank 1 is meant to be harsh on both ends to keep good players where they should be skill wise. And I use the term "skill" loosely when talking about Survivor's side of the emblems.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

Always assume they have it. And if you didn't see the totem pop or pop it yourself,try to play a bit safer at the end. You don't have to save everyone. Sometimes you just can't. If the gens are done and he didn't come to the door,and he's camping the hook...you should probably either try to find the totem or just go.

Myself and plenty of other killers don't use it,for many reasons. I'd rather use the slot for something better. If you got the gens done,I've pretty much failed anyway.There's other perks that do the same sorta thing. Plus other killers that can down you in one hit,or outright kill you with the right situation. The only difference is that you had the illusion that you won when it happened.

When you depip,the match either went too quick or you didn't do enough. I'm not good by any means,and I usually safety,even if I think I'm not going to. Plenty of people have lost matches even, and pip'd up. I personally think it would be more fair if it only worked on one person,but then it wouldn't be much different from Rancor,making it pointless.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

Always assume they have it. And if you didn't see the totem pop or pop it yourself,try to play a bit safer at the end. You don't have to save everyone. Sometimes you just can't. If the gens are done and he didn't come to the door,and he's camping the hook...you should probably either try to find the totem or just go.

Myself and plenty of other killers don't use it,for many reasons. I'd rather use the slot for something better. If you got the gens done,I've pretty much failed anyway.There's other perks that do the same sorta thing. Plus other killers that can down you in one hit,or outright kill you with the right situation. The only difference is that you had the illusion that you won when it happened.

When you depip,the match either went too quick or you didn't do enough. I'm not good by any means,and I usually safety,even if I think I'm not going to. Plenty of people have lost matches even, and pip'd up. I personally think it would be more fair if it only worked on one person,but then it wouldn't be much different from Rancor,making it pointless.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Well atleast your title is right. It IS the poor mans perk, the only answer to gen speeds without buying dlc. Of course a lot of killers run it when every other answer is a dlc teachable.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

Borrowed time is a poor mans perk

Self-care is a poor mans perk

D-strike is a poor mans perk

Sprint burst is a poor mans perk

Dead hard is a poor mans perk

Adrenaline is a poor mans perk

Unbreakable is a poor mans perk

Look at ALL perks before you single one, and then, figure out HOW TO COUNTER IT. If you are a red rank survivor as you said you should have no problem against such a counterable perk. That said, you could just be a rank 12 who got to red with the current rank inflations. So shh

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

From the thread they posted, I think rank 12 is even being generous.

• parkrrt

I would appreciate friendly advice more than a one sided comment that means nothing.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

See a totem, cleanse a totem. NOED is now countered. GG EZ.

• tixerp
    tixerp Member Posts: 270

DBD community never ceases to amaze me.

To be fair though, you can still safety pip after being sacrificed endgame, and NOED can easily be countered by doing totems. 2 things you seem to be missing, that much we know. I will agree with no doubt though, that NOED is a terribly designed perk in the first place, and I still don't understand why people would defend it staying in the game. It's not getting removed anytime soon though, so just counter it. Do totems.

• Orion

NOED makes the end-game risky for survivors if they failed to cleanse the totems. Without NOED, unless a survivor is stupid and leaves a gate at 99%, you will escape the vast majority of the time. Is that what you want, to have essentially won before the trial is even over?

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Noed is one of two good perks in the killer base perk set that isn't a tracking perk. It should not be nerfed. Or at least not nerfed until a lot of the killer base perks get a buff.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,339
  • tixerp

Well believe it or not, a lot of killers, including me, play killer without NOED. And can still rack at least a kill or two endgame sometimes. It's not something ground breaking, it's just more difficult because the odds are stacked against you, if you haven't been playing well that match. Which, if 3 or more survivors are all alive when the gens are powered, then I think they deserve that win. Only getting a single kill, or none, before the gens are powered, is a sign of bad play as killer, and success as survivor. Sure, you could say totems are a secondary objective for survivors but I think that's bull. It doesn't bother me much anymore, since I'm not like OP, and I just cleanse totems whenever I can. But my biggest problem with NOED is how much of an actual crutch it feels like for killer. Played bad? Here, have instant downs. It's such a one-sided perk. It doesn't reward you for playing good, but rather rewards you for playing bad.

• Kate_cx
    Kate_cx Member Posts: 181

Thank you for pointing out my mistake! I was kind of tired while writing that so I didn't realize <3

• Orion

[shrug]

If you prefer to handicap yourself you're free to do so, but don't pretend NOED does anything except punish survivors for not cleansing totems. They "deserve" a win when they actually get a win. If they didn't escape (I'm guessing escape=win in this context), then they didn't deserve it.

• tixerp

And that's exactly why I hate this perk. You admit it yourself, that not using this perk, is essentially handicapping a killer.

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

If you did everything right and died because of noed you should safety pip atleast. You can die and still pip. Just like you can escape and de pip

• Orion

Not using your most powerful builds is handicapping yourself. Playing perkless is a handicap, playing add-on-less is a handicap, playing without audio is a handicap. I'm not sure you understand what "handicap" means.

• tixerp

Playing without Mad Grit isn't a handicap. Playing without STBFL isn't a handicap, Playing without Discordance isn't a handicap. And all of these for good reason. Playing without NOED, just one singular perk. Yeah. Maybe a handicap in a sense. There's a fine line here.

• Orion

Going perkless is a handicap compared to equipping Mad Grit or STBFL or Discordance. However, not equipping your most powerful builds - whatever those may be - is always a handicap.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

LOL DUDE, This argument is so old AND shouldnt even exist. Survivors complain just for the sake of complaining bc you can kill this perk before it even activates. Ive had games where ive killed all 4 survivors before i even closed the hatch when running NOED and they cried that i ran NOED. haha wheres the sense in that? NOED is only strong at the end game, if survivors havent done 5 totems and if they havent found noed. Other than that its a gray perk that stays gray all game long. The killer is basically running 3 perks all game lol. If a survivor dies to NOED, Its the survivors fault

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Not overly true sense if survivors do do totems then your handicapped by having only 3 perks for the whole game.

Even without the above running NOED means your playing through most of the game with only 3 perks even if survivor's don't cleanse it so its more of a trade off then a handicap: Weaker early/mid game for a powerful but counter-able late game.

• parkrrt

I agree entirely. You said some things better than I did