What do you think about Tea-Bagging?

Hi guys!

English is a bit clumsy, but I hope you understand.

I am a Korean user.

In this game, developers say Tea-Bagging is not a bad manner.

What do you guys think? It's often a problem in Korea, so I want to hear what you think.

I will show it to Korean users.. I hope you guys write as many thoughts as possible.

Comments

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

It's annoying but that's all. Nothing I would report for. And your English is good, no worries.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Honestly it doesnt bother me. The constant flashlight clicking is annoying but t bagging is whatever. The only thing that really pisses me off is tge messages. Like if it was only one every once in awhile would be fine but there are days its constant and it gets real old real quick. But tbagging is whatever, its not even really tbagging since im not on the ground

• Caleaha
    Caleaha Member Posts: 90

I roll my eyes at Teabaggers. It was such a thing when I was in high school and it's back. I tend to target Teabaggers to hook.

One or 2 crouches to me is polite. It's saying hi to the killer or going I accept that you will kill me. Especially after a good game.

But that multiple crouch crouch crouch... yeah no. It could be because I'm a female and I view it as rude.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I'm an Englishman.

The only tea-bagging I do involves a nice hot cup of PG Tips.

...can be quite painful at times.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

I only ever do it to greet other survivors but i definitely consider it bad manners when done to taunt the killer. When I get tbagged I'm pretty indifferent on it and i don't care to bad manner the person back who tbagged if i get them because they probably already feel stupid. One thing I've noticed from experience is that alot people who tbag aren't very good and it makes me question how they even have the nerve to do it but eh to each their own I guess.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

I mean, they're wasting time, that's good for the killers but bad for the teammates

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

That they are immature toddlers looking for attention. Just ignore them. I've had games won simply because they've thrown themselves at me to get my attention.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

honestly its annoying that theyre that confident behind their perks that they think they can tbag when safe. Id get rid of it for the health of the game. I personally hate it because other than ghostface and arguably pig, killers taunting methods dont compare.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    edited June 2020

It is rude and a sign of immaturity. I don’t think the Devs have said it isn’t bad manners, it’s just not really severe enough for punishment.

Best thing to do is to either play normally, catch the T-bagger if you can and camp and tunnel them till they die or you can ignore them the whole match.

If at the start of the match Survivors want to be rude with T-bagging, flashlight clicking or vault spamming, I just go to the basement and wait till they finish gens. They are more than likely to forget about totems and come down to bother me and not realize I have NoEd active. Then I get a couple of easy Kills. This makes them mad because they didn’t make much blood points and they got caught in the basement like an idiot.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Ha, i had that earlier. Kept spamming in and out of locker in shack, when i got close he used head on and jumped out the window and tbagged, i went around and he throw the pallet, this is about 45 secs into tge match. So i chase him down him and put him in the basement...i was playing trapper so you can guess what happened from there, game was over minute and a half later with only 1 gen done.

I messaged him after and he said "still got tge head on" like it was some kind of badge of honor 😂

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    edited June 2020

I think if you're offended by a person hitting the crouch button repeatedly, the issue is you, and not the player. Legit, harden up, ya big softie.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

It's definitely bad manners. But you should also not let this get to you. Just ignore it and continue playing, don't do it yourself, and try to be a graceful winner and loser.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

The language of idiots.

I'm the kind of guy who will carry you to exit gates if you run me for 5 gens or whatever, if you played really well, I'll let you go even if i lose points.

If you tea bag of flashlight clicky clicky, i will tunnel the living crap out of you

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Yeah who cares. If folks want to mash their keyboard and buttons knock yourself out. The best is if they do it at a pallet and then bam hook. Try running next time.

it’s been said already but it’s really not tea bagging let’s call it what it is. Butt dancing.

I look at it as obscene gestures, you arbitrarily pick a finger to show me and I’m meant to feel bad. Butt dancing is the same. If You want to bob up and down like a fool then great knock yourself out I couldn’t care less.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

I prefer coffee but i will have a cup of tea from time to time.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Teabagging is a rude gesture or bad manners.

Doesnt change even if you think its not. Insult a person and wonder why they kicked your teeth in, eh?

• Raulillo
    Raulillo Member Posts: 179

It's a common disrespect in videogames. Some people argue that it's a psychological game but reality is that if you can disrespect your opponent, you are skilled enough to don't need on the mood of the other player to win.

Also this game makes things feel weird because the player that is disrespecting you, can't know who is better player, because both are playing on different roles.

It's just people trying to humiliate. It's bad manners.

Some othe people like Frankie argue that is only a character crouching.

I think if you know the meaning behind a behavior it's not just what's happening but the messages the other player is sending you. To oversimplify the fact that crouching is a method of communication is like saying that feeling offended by someone who says insults is just a person making sounds with their mouths.

This is just a way to justify the offender. Saying that the issue is part of the offended doesn't makes sense. It's as simple as substitute both players with different ones:

If you change the offended by other player, chances are this new player will be offended too (not in the same way because this player migh be not so "softie")

If you change the offender by other player that doesn't go crouch spamming, chances are the offended will be not offended anymore.

There is another thing that hasn't been pointed out yet and is the fact that survivors that tbag are used to waste your time, a thing that you can't ignore. You have to choose between paying them attention or wait the EGC timer. This survivors will be tbagging at the gate and creating notification sounds if there is a vault near the gate. This is not considered game hostage so you have to deal with it.

• RavCav_
    RavCav_ Member Posts: 59

Go ahead and t bag if you feel like it... But, don't be surprised if the killer suddenly feels like tunneling you :)

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I don’t care if someone teabags me. Most teabaggers aren’t very good, and if they are good then getting mad about their teabags will just make me play worse. I don’t think most people mean it too seriously, they’re just trying to annoy you.

I only teabag as survivor when I escape a facecamper/hardcore tunneller/ebony mori.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Survivor when tea-bagging = 😃

Survivor when tunnelled/camped/mori'ed as a result of said tea-baggery = 🥺

• mosheon970
    mosheon970 Member Posts: 215

it can make you chase the wrong guy at the wrong time, it create imbalance in your mind and you make mistakes, the reason garbage people tbag is because they most likely would die without it,(not all tho), the tbag actually is ego push to the killer, i bet they wont tbag a strong nurse tho since they will go down fast lel, the real problem is the flash clicking tho which is annoying to the ears and can confuse you, tbag is time waste, if the survivor tbag behind a pallet then its more safe, just play the strongest killers in the game, this game problem is sound, and chase music volume should be adjusted since its too high.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

It's just a bunch of little bastards being rude.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I'm southern, iced sweet tea please.

Seriously though I only do it to other survivors to goof off or say hi. Same with the clicky-clicky flashlights. I've only pointed at killers who are determined to tunnel someone when I'm right beside them, lol. Things like that. Oh, and snoot boops.

No sense in being mean. Now, I do recognize it as a tactic to throw someone off their game by upsetting them, but... 1.) I don't wanna upset anyone and 2.) Someone who does get upset by something like that is probably pretty young and/or sensitive. Just not right.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

It can be annoying but if you let it tilt you, and you focus on that survivor exclusively, that's on you. It's just what happens in online games, I don't mind it. If you wanna waste that distance go for it, let me get a free hit.

Plus, it's lovely revenge for when you get facecamped at 5 gens for not dying in 0.3 seconds. As much as I love to let toxicity die with me, sometimes it's too tempting.