What killer(s) do you guys hate (to play and face) and why?

Poweas
Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I'll start, hate to play Nurse because of the bugs.

Hate to face Plague because she's fed her Corrupt Purge a lot by teammates and I turn into a nervous wreck when she chases me with it.

Comments

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I've never been great against the stealth killers. I am way, way too likely to look one direction, look away, and look back less than two seconds later and see Ghostface grabbing me off my gen or whatnot. So the stealthies are my hardest matchups to play against probably.

To play as? Huntress. Not because I dislike her mechanics, as I do actually enjoy them and like playing her. But her song. Her song gets into my head, and actively tanks my mood for hours after I stop playing her. I can't do more than a couple games in a row as her or I start going downhill, I've ran tests to confirm it's her and not wins/losses. It's her. I just can't.

• TheGhostofZgor
    TheGhostofZgor Member Posts: 334

Huntress because the humming is super obnoxious....

• Poweas

Wow, that's an interesting reaction to Huntress, imagine if there was an option for you to turn it off, would you play her more? Also, I used to do horribly against stealth killers until I began to run Spine chill lol.

• Poweas

Billy is one that annoys me too when I get a team that wastes pallets.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

If I could turn off her humming, or even if she had "song cosmetics" that I could change the song with, I would absolutely play her more, and I'd probably change my answer to Leatherface since I find him really boring to play, and not really rewarding. But just the same thing match after match on the song front gets to me.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289

GhostFace because The people that use him are annoying when they dance in front of you after he hooks you.And or when you’re trying to heal yourself or a teammate and GhostFace attacks.Sometimes I wish survivors could take away his weapon 😀and use it against him👍.

• uBoluCha
    uBoluCha Member Posts: 121

i don't like play as trapper, just imagine your trap disarmed 2 second after you leave it , and i hate when it comes super long match freddy

• Poweas

Trapper is... interesting. I enjoy him a bit but I prefer to lock down routes as Hag rather than shut down loops as Trapper. He just doesn't suit my playstyle lol.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I a bad potato in either role so I have everyone!

The worse for me as Survivor is facing Billy and Spirit. They usually end up just tunneling hooks the second someone is saved. I'd rather be face camped by Bubba while gazing into his big beautiful eyes.

As Killer, I hate Nurse since her cool-down gives me migraines. I also hate playing as Huntress and Billy, but that's just because I don't have experience with them and because I am bad.

• AvisDeene

Trapper is fun when you have Bloody Coil equipped. Survivors think twice before touching your traps. Also, if you get one of them in the basement with that add-on, it's nigh impossible to save them if Trapper stays near.

• AvisDeene

He just needs to bath more with water and not the blood of his victims.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

Probably I hate playing spirit the most. She feels very boring imo.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236

Deathslinger - Quickscoping ADS makes it almost completely uncounterable. Spamming A/D gives you no distance at all.

Ghostface - Simply because of his busted reveal mechanic. Fix that, and I'll have no further issue with him.

Hillbilly - Tailgating survivors, sorry not sorry, isn't skillful. With the map changes, there's more deadzones and unsafe pallets.

Spirit - Standing perfectly still is apparently a "mindgame" (not really), and requires no skill to not press any buttons.

• tixerp
    tixerp Member Posts: 270

Hate to play Nurse cuz I'm bad.

Hate to play against Oni cuz I'm bad.

Half joking aside though, I just never learned how to counter Oni, besides not getting caught of course. I never got to play against him a lot, so every time I go up with him I just get destroyed. Can never hide because of my glowing bread crumb trail, and I can't even loop for long cuz of that brutal flick at the end of his charge.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Deathslinger: I am unusually unlucky when facing this bloke. Hemorrhoid.

Ghost Face: A real pain in the bum. He's all over the place with his sneaky little eyes. Hop it, swine.

Spirit: They always seem to hook camp and/or tunnel. Usually not a pleasant gaming experience.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Hate playing Plague

For some reason i can't use her ability at all. I can't believe the number of times i unloaded an entire stream of puke and the survivors are able to ultra instinct every single drop.

It's a shame cause i do like her concept

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I don’t hate playing any killer but I find Trapper the least enjoyable of the bunch. I hate having to sacrifice two gens to set up my power.

I dislike some killers because I‘m drained playing against them because I play against them WAY too much but let’s say hypothetically I went against every killer the same amount of times. I would dislike playing against Freddy and Billy the most.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Trapper mainly because I am terrified of him. A good Trapper can completely dominate a match if he can snowball with his traps. Not to mention it makes you wary of every tuff of grass in the map especially if you play Solo.

Not necessarily hate, I play fairly well with him myself, I just find myself annoyed I stepped into his trap because of how easy he can down and hook you if you're unlucky. At least with Hag she has to still chase you if you trigger her traps, and her traps are pretty easy to disarm especially if she is on the other side of the map.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Nurse. In the words of Samination, "There's two kinds of Nurses- a good one, and a bad one." I'm a cardboard ranks Nurse but a rank 1 Survivor...

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    edited June 2020

I hate versing: Deathslinger, spirit, ghostface, Doctor Freddy and hag

I hate playing: hag, nurse (after her rework)

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Play as:

Huntress and Nurse—Too hard and frustrating to learn, and ultimately not worth it.

Trapper—His traps don't exist.

Clown—His bottles don't do anything.

Myers—105 Killer who gets cucked by Spine Chill.

Hag—Confusing.

Play against:

Ghostface—No one stalks with him, they just equip Sloppy with double cooldown addons and play Tru3face. W key warriors with no red stain.

Wraith—For some reason, I just can't see his shimmering. Even if he's right there and I'm looking straight at him, I can't see him. And believe it or not, I actually like using my eyes to visually sense my opponent in video games, especially when they're both silent and fast. Also, most Wraiths are sweatier than a man trapped in a burning building.

Spirit—Can't tell where she is. While she moves almost twice as fast me. And can figure out exactly where I am by having ears.

Deathslinger—He looks at you and you're dead. Reacting to your opponent by pulling out a gun does not belong in a predictive, melee-based game.

Hag—Bad Hags are insanely easy to loop and very boring to get perma-camped by. Good Hags are living proof that this Killer is completely broken.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

I hate playing as Nurse because of the bugs and whatnot, and also hearing that weird scream every 2 seconds is annoying. Plus the blinking animation gives me a headache.

I hate versing Freddy because he's boring and usually doesn't deserve how the easy the game is for him. I can at least respect a good Nurse player.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I hate playing nurse and Billy. It is just frustrating for me to get used to Nurse on console. And billy is... boring for me. I live for the perfect shot and the chain-stabs. The blink mechanic is just frustrating to me.

I hate versing billies because they always play in the most toxic way possible: including bringing NOED on a one shot killer!

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I dont like playing as demo because of the mother ######### screaming every ######### 10 seconds. Like holy ######### bro, we get it, youre a bad ass cause you slapped someone. Get over it already and chill tf out.

I really want to play as nurse but the bugs make it not playable

• ScottishPig
    ScottishPig Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2020

I dislike playing against Spirit, not because she's a top tier killer, but because of all the mini-phases during her walk cycle. It just bothers me y'know?

The huge sensitivity spike playing as Billy is so annoying at first, probably the only thing playing as killer that's stuck with me as annoying.

Post edited by ScottishPig on
  • ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435

I don’t like to play against the hag. If she use her traps in a big area (3 gen) around a hooked survivor and is proxycamping, than her power is just broken op. You can’t move over the map, can’t unhook teammates and it’s a ultimative snowballing match... that’s really unfun!

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Billy, Bubba and Hag. Play as and against.

Cheesy instant-downs that require as much skill to use as completing a generator because somebody CBF to actually chase me or a kit that both promotes camping and makes it so that you may as well be dead on first hook.

Nurse and Huntress are kinda annoying to play as because console and for some reason whenever I play against GF, I can never detect him, yet survivors can detect me from across the map when I play as him.

• PigMainClaudette

Funny thing is I LOVE going against Demo for that reason! I can always tell where he is (as in not on me!) so I feel free to do whatever.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Definitely hate playing against Spirit. I’m not clairvoyant enough to be able to know when to equip iron will so most of the time if I get injured it’s pretty much game over playing against Spirit. Her “mindgames” aren’t really enjoyable either as they are one sided anyway.

I hate playing as Legion. His power is far too underwhelming for me.

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336
  • NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Bubba.

He's so boring. You just gen rush him and leave.

Doesn't matter what playstyle he's going for. You loop him like any 115% Killer with nothing unique to think about, so his chases are boring.

He has no mobility, stealth or tracking so you can safely just sit on gens. And he's the Killer you use if you plan on camping, which is also just boring to face.

Any other Killer makes me think on my feet to counter them or at least makes me a bit paranoid at times. But bubba is just so basic that there's really nothing to worry about that doesn't already apply to all the other Killers.

Please rework him into something stronger and more interesting.

• Azterikk
    Azterikk Member Posts: 76

Hate playing against:

-Huntress: Beachball/heat seeking/boomerang hatchets are not fun, when they get that hit checker thing in maybe I’ll reassess but until then...

-Oni: Gets his power stupid fast, again hit detection fix on his baton flicks would be nice

-Doctor: Screaming simulator is annoying, competent doctors will be able to throw all normal chase mechanics out the window, less than competent ones will bring NOED 100% of the time

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Play as: Nurse and Huntress because I don't know how to play them well.

Play against: Trapper and Hag because of bad teammates and the fact that I have no clue what areas are safe.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

Not a fan of going against Huntress, really. I don't like having Cadillac's thrown at me. Unpopular opinion, but until her hitboxes and dedicated server desync is fixed, I really have no real respect for Huntress mains who play her and act like the cock of the walk while she's in the state she's in, getting so much praise. You know 90% of those hatchets, on the survivors screen, were 10 feet to their left or right.

Hell, even when I play Huntress, there's a LOT of shots that hit, and shouldn't even from my point of view.

Other than that, I don't like going against Oni, because his hitbox for his demon strike...oof. Like, he'll slam his club down way over to my left, nowhere near me, but somehow, it counts as a hit. Not to mention, every Oni I encounter is a sweatlord.

Deathslinger can be annoying cause he's just a ranged Legion...who was already annoying....but eh.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I hate playing against a good Huntress, because someone with really precise aim feels unstoppable. Even if I can juke and dodge hatchet throws, I always feel like I am just delaying the inevitable. Iridescent Head + Infantry Belt makes this match-up feel particularly hopeless.

I hate playing against Cannibal because 95% of them are facecampers, and I am not exaggerating.

I hate playing against an infinite tier 1 Shape because he gives me a heart attack every time he comes around the corner.

I hate playing both as and against Hag, because her play style is essentially to proxy camp. I always feel dirty after I play her for a daily.

I hate playing as Legion because the character feels dumb and useless. The power is largely just an inconvenience, and I've always found it to be a pretty mediocre set of mechanics. Whenever I have a Legion daily, I just farm.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

Regarding Bubba, I have a different experience. Whenever I face one, which is rather rare in red ranks, he usually is not campy at all (except gates are powered, of course) and chases whomever he finds. I play him like this as well, it's more fun than standing around waiting for someone who doesn't come.

About Hag, you don't have to proxy camp to get good results with her. Just manage your traps well and use every opprotunity to teleport to trps to injure someone. Spreading the damage is essential. It hurts her to chase survivors, better hop from place to place.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I hate playing as Nurse. Not only is her exhaustion a pain but she's not that good on console.

I hate playing against Hag. A game against a good hag is one of the most tedious things ever. If someone gets hooked it's a minefield and if they're in the basement, GG.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I hate to play as Nurse. She's even clunkier than she was before the rework, and the update just made her a chore to play as.

I also hate playing as Legion. Being taken out of Feral Frenzy for a missed hit is very punishing on console; I don't get to apply Deep Wounds very often at all when I play as him. The survivors have to be complete potatoes to not dodge his attacks what with the frame drops and a killer's limiting FOV.

For some reason, as a survivor, I don't like playing against Hag. Maybe it's because my teammates always set off her traps when they go to make a hook rescue, maybe it's her usual reliance on hex perks which are either very strong because no one can find the totems or very weak because the totems get cleansed first thing, I dunno.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

To each their own re: Cannibal. I'm rank 4 (on PC), and I rarely run across players who surprise me by NOT camping.

As far as Hag goes, she's heavily incentivized to trap the living hell out of hooks and then pop in when someone goes for an unhook.

Oh yeah, and @ShrimpTwiggs reminded me -- I hate to play as Nurse, because when I do, I'm sure everyone inevitably thinks I am a blind idiot who has never handled a keyboard or played this game before.

• Kate_cx
    Kate_cx Member Posts: 181

Unpopular opinion but I hate playing as Hag. She's too small for me and I'm not good with her traps

The killers I hate going against are Nurse and Freddy; my disappointment lingers inside me when I hear Nurse's blinking from across the map or when I see the white clocks in the HUD. I'd love to DC whenever I see those two killers but I know it will put the rest of my team at a disadvantage and make me look like a sore loser so I just suck it up and play against them.

• Poweas

Hag is only played a little because of her weakness to flashlights, that's why I think good Hags are so rare to face, but when you face one... They REALLY do dominate.

• Poweas
  • Poweas

Yeah, the passive phasing literally makes the killer a mindgame for free.

That's my playstyle lol. But I can totally see what you mean. Imo, she's the 2nd best killer at snowballing and probably the strongest chaser when the conditions are right (which they usually are 99% of the time). Oni is obviously the best snowballer though, and Nurse and Spirit come second to her.

Her traps though, they eliminate survivors fast in a chase. If you have a web and hook a survivor in the middle, you could literally end the game in minutes.

• Poweas

I wouldn't say good Hags CAMP. But if a trap is in the middle of their web in a 3 gen, then she won't leave the 40m radius. But she can generally get into a chase instantly after hooking in my experience, so she doesn't really camp, just that if you trigger her traps, she'll definitely come for you.

• Poweas

I don't find her reliant on hex perks tbh, she doesn't really need perks to win, perks like Sloppy, STBFL, Thanatophobia just enable her power to be a LOT stronger.

• Poweas

Only bad Hags will trap the hook a lot, most good/decent Hags will trap routes and loops leading to gens, and trap a route leading to a hook (once usually). But yeah, if you look at her power, you get that incentive to just load the hook with all 10 traps.

• PigMainClaudette

No, good Hag players don't use their traps to camp, but honestly find me a good Hag player on Xbox, within the Aus Sydney servers. They're more rare than non-hatch escapes against a Forever Freddy.